Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super David Cameron's Key Note Speech Today

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
:lol::lol::lol::lol: now tell me what you really think?

it wasn't a diatribe and one throw away comment about maids, outhouses and the daily mail has you throwing a hissy'un

The point is, if Cameron wants to win big at the next election he has to win people like me over (late 30s, married, kids, homeowner, professional). I've voted Tory before - pre 92 - he needs to make me vote again. He hasn't yet and that's not a class thing - as you say there are many upper class labour members - it's I dont know what he stands for and how he will improve the society I live in.

Throwaway eh? Funny, because you specifically asked me whether he had them or not. Do you ask for clarification on all your throwaway remarks? You mustbe the only person who's ever done that.

Hence my sarcasm. Sorry but don't believe you.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Throwaway eh? Funny, because you specifically asked me whether he had them or not. Do you ask for clarification on all your throwaway remarks? You mustbe the only person who's ever done that.

Hence my sarcasm. Sorry but don't believe you.

The point I was making is that his experience of foreign exchange students - either as a pupil or a parent will be different from many in this country. Hence when making comments about Police checks on potential host families he is viewing a different reality. The Daily mail comment was throwaway - having seen his pile on TV he does have an outhouse - but that's not relevant as he could keep them there, in the house or under the stairs. Yes he does have home help - I do too at times. Not many people do though.

But the point is - and this is what I'd really like to focus on, so just scrub that last paragraph of my original post which has caused you such angst, from your mind, he has not AS YET, provided me with enough information that he will improve the society I live in, nor to improve it for my children. His speech did not achieve that (and I'm not alone either as the BBC News last night displayed with midlands voters reviewing his speech and monitoring their receptiveness to it). I dont know who I'm being asked to vote for , nor what they proposing to do.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But the point is - and this is what I'd really like to focus on, so just scrub that last paragraph of my original post which has caused you such angst, from your mind, he has not AS YET, provided me with enough information that he will improve the society I live in, nor to improve it for my children. His speech did not achieve that (and I'm not alone either as the BBC News last night displayed with midlands voters reviewing his speech and monitoring their receptiveness to it). I dont know who I'm being asked to vote for , nor what they proposing to do.

To be fair to him (and you know I like to be) he's hardly pitching for a general election at the moment. as he made clear in his speech, were the tories to win the next general election, it will be 2 years hence, and they will be inheretting an economy and country that will have been through the mill in the intervening period. Who knows what policies will be necessary / possible by then...

However, if we get to within 3-6 months of the election and we don't have clearer policy statements from the Tories then you might have a point... until then they have provided as much detail of their policies for 2 years time as the govt have.

Anyway - good to see you're still alive... long time no hear.

Papa

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
fair dos ROSM and apologies for my rudeness. I forget sometimes that it's not Colin or Simeon that I'm replying to. They deserve it, they're just bullies.

On that note that's me flouncing from this thread forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here