Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell - He's a coming, he's a coming!!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No, thats not it.

Most people who "know things" don't post them on here because they are usually told in confidence by a mate and then respect that bond rather than publish it on the internet where it could potentially be used, in the case of a sacking, as a breach of trust on behalf of the club when agreeing a severance package with someone who has their contract terminated.

If you were about to get sacked would you like one of your coleagues to stick it on an internet forum?

Obviously if it's a mutual decision by the club and an employee its a different matter.
But then again my job isn't discussed in a open forum every hour of every day. And besides, if that is the case, as with Wilkins, the people who are ina nd around the decision making, need to keep things to themselves, as the previous 2 sackings have been known by many people in advance, in Wilkins chance 5 months in advnce!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Like I said Not really.

FFS I'm not releasing a press conference on behalf of the club you tit.

Maybe I should have tried to squeeze my whole thread into the title.

No wonder a lot of people in the know don't bother posting out in the open on here any more, when you get twats like you picking holes in everything.

If you read the post you will see I'm not claiming that we've signed cntracts with him, just that he's been sounded him out. But if you consider he said before he would be interested, we've approached him, our current manager seems to be on borrowed time, I wold say there's a more than equal chance that's he's coming back. (now wheres that tosser smilie)

Your story changes everytime, now you think there's more than an equl chance of steve coming back. I thought it was definetly going to happen and that Slades numbers were up and Coppell was coming.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
But then again my job isn't discussed in a open forum every hour of every day. And besides, if that is the case, as with Wilkins, the people who are ina nd around the decision making, need to keep things to themselves, as the previous 2 sackings have been known by many people in advance, in Wilkins chance 5 months in advnce!

Why do you need to be so defensive about something true if you know it'll happen very soon, surely when it actually happens that'll prove your point would it not?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

I was just saying there is a difference between speculation and presenting a sacking as a done deal and naming the chosen successor before (apparently) any formal decision is made.

I love a bit of idle gossip as much as the next man but the difference is whenever I have heard anything which is from a well placed official source I have been asked to keep it quiet until the decision has been made at the club...(I have blabbed stuff once before the announcement was made, but the parties concerned had reached agreement).

If your source doesnt mind you posting it on here then fair do's I suppose.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Like I said Not really.

FFS I'm not releasing a press conference on behalf of the club you tit.

Maybe I should have tried to squeeze my whole thread into the title.

No wonder a lot of people in the know don't bother posting out in the open on here any more, when you get twats like you picking holes in everything.

If you read the post you will see I'm not claiming that we've signed cntracts with him, just that he's been sounded him out. But if you consider he said before he would be interested, we've approached him, our current manager seems to be on borrowed time, I wold say there's a more than equal chance that's he's coming back. (now wheres that tosser smilie)

But the title says "Steve Coppell - He's a coming, he's a coming!!!" and the first line says "Steve Coppell will be the next manager of Brighton & Hove Albion." which to me sounds like he will be our next manager, and it's a done deal.

However in post 45 you have said "it might not even happen".

Bit misleading you 'tit'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
f***ing hell a guy posts a RUMOUR that may or may not have foundations and is then asked to explain in minute detail what his track record is and set himself up for a f***ing internet cross questioning.

Lighten up guys, it may be true it may not, but Mr Burns is not the anti-Christ

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I can see Coppell coming back but i cant see him wanting the chuckle brothers in the coaching set up!!!!!!Steve Brown maybe(Reading)....

would that be the same chuckle brothers he had in his coaching setup last time?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Burns, can you promice me now that you are not talking absoloute rubbish? I feel strongly about this club, and it REALLY pisses me off when people post stuff which ends up being COMPLETE rubbish. If you have heard that we have sounded him out, then cheers for telling us. If not, please stop being a twat, and enjoy your ban!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
would that be the same chuckle brothers he had in his coaching setup last time?

that would be the same two and im sure in time he would have got rid of them, lets not forget he also took over the nucleous of a good side last time, with fight passion and team spirt, none of which we seem to have at this moment in time....true or not??

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Gosh this forum can be irritating. Thanks for the info Mr Burns, I await the next week or so with baited breath. I would be very excited if he does come back.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
that would be the same two and im sure in time he would have got rid of them, lets not forget he also took over the nucleous of a good side last time, with fight passion and team spirit

.........and seven months later we were relegated.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Thanks MR BUrns.

As I have said before you are normallyon the money and I appreciate your insight...

I hope the SC does come back as I feel that he is the RIGHT man to lead us to Falmer and Beyond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here