Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell - He's a coming, he's a coming!!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
This isnt really news, the way I see it. You'd expect Bloom to be sounding out other managers on the quiet, you wouldnt sack someone without having laid any groundwork towards replacing him.

I'd expect Slade to go on Sunday, if we lose or draw on Saturday, assuming that Coppell gave a positive indication of acceptance.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Why do people even mention Curbs, we would need to be in Falmer and in the Championship. Coppell would be far more realistic as he seems to like a challenge. Any idea when this might happen Mr Burns.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
This isnt really news, the way I see it. You'd expect Bloom to be sounding out other managers on the quiet, you wouldnt sack someone without having laid any groundwork towards replacing him.

I'd expect Slade to go on Sunday, if we lose or draw on Saturday, assuming that Coppell gave a positive indication of acceptance.

Can't wait till then IMHO. Gotta be this week.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Why do people even mention Curbs, we would need to be in Falmer and in the Championship. Coppell would be far more realistic as he seems to like a challenge. Any idea when this might happen Mr Burns.
No idea at all. Might not even happen. All I know is that he's been approached

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not that I did it for you, but in answer to another lazy prick on another thread Adams To Leave This Month - North Stand Chat

And also hasn't it come to light since, that Paul Ince was the man they wanted, but cancelled the meeting when Uncle Dick waiting for a plane:p

And enough people also with Moles PM'ed me at the time to confirm the Wilkins story. It's just most people that know stuff on here, can't be arsed to post any more because of cocks like you. All you had to do was type in search "Micky Adams Sacked" for your answer.

I'm so honoured that you believe me now. I can sleep easy tonight:wanker:

Chill down. Look I dont know who you are and how reliable you are. For all I know you could be another Lips. And no I wouldn't search through his posts either. But if you are as reliable on this, as your others, then I bow donw to you.

I'm keen on Slade staying, but if he has to go then Coppell would be my choice.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Bit misleading thread title then ???
Not really. Coppell has said in the past that he would manage us again if the time was right.

It is currently well known that Coppell is looking for a management position.

We have a manager who is currently not producing the goods, and who is hardly going to attract the sort of players we need to push on in league one, let alone the championship

And the club have sounded out Coppell's interest/availability

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Steve Coppell will be the next manager of Brighton & Hove Albion.

I am sicking my neck out and going for the hat trick.

I knew along with a few others on here knew that Wilkins was doomed in January before he got the chop in May.

I was first to announce Micky Adams sacking a few days before he was sacked.

Now my same mole has just informed me that Steve Coppell has been "sounded out" by the club about returning to the hot seat. Don't know any more than that at the moment, but I do know that Coppell has said privately in the past, that he would love to manage the club again one day.

It's all a matter of timing now. With Norwich, Charlton Southampton and Leeds to play in a row, I think if Slade time is well and truely up.

Haven't heard whether Pinky and Perky will fnally get the chop as well, but we can only pray and hope that we finally get a management team, and not just a manager and a couple of useless cling ons.

Ahh.. Mr Burns the very same fellow who's been whinging about the Falmer webcam for weeks on end, perhaps your 'mole' knows when they are going to move it for you.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Not really. Coppell has said in the past that he would manage us again if the time was right.

It is currently well known that Coppell is looking for a management position.

We have a manager who is currently not producing the goods, and who is hardly going to attract the sort of players we need to push on in league one, let alone the championship

And the club have sounded out Coppell's interest/availability

Doesn't mean 'he's a coming' does it?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Pure and utter bullshit. A prediction he got right last year is his only source, hhhmmm?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
And enough people also with Moles PM'ed me at the time to confirm the Wilkins story. It's just most people that know stuff on here, can't be arsed to post any more because of cocks like you. All you had to do was type in search "Micky Adams Sacked" for your answer.

I'm so honoured that you believe me now. I can sleep easy tonight:wanker:

No, thats not it.

Most people who "know things" don't post them on here because they are usually told in confidence by a mate and then respect that bond rather than publish it on the internet where it could potentially be used, in the case of a sacking, as a breach of trust on behalf of the club when agreeing a severance package with someone who has their contract terminated.

If you were about to get sacked would you like one of your coleagues to stick it on an internet forum?

Obviously if it's a mutual decision by the club and an employee its a different matter.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Doesn't mean 'he's a coming' does it?
Like I said Not really.

FFS I'm not releasing a press conference on behalf of the club you tit.

Maybe I should have tried to squeeze my whole thread into the title.

No wonder a lot of people in the know don't bother posting out in the open on here any more, when you get twats like you picking holes in everything.

If you read the post you will see I'm not claiming that we've signed cntracts with him, just that he's been sounded him out. But if you consider he said before he would be interested, we've approached him, our current manager seems to be on borrowed time, I wold say there's a more than equal chance that's he's coming back. (now wheres that tosser smilie)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here