Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell - He's a coming, he's a coming!!!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Steve Coppell will be the next manager of Brighton & Hove Albion.

I am sicking my neck out and going for the hat trick.

I knew along with a few others on here knew that Wilkins was doomed in January before he got the chop in May.

I was first to announce Micky Adams sacking a few days before he was sacked.

Now my same mole has just informed me that Steve Coppell has been "sounded out" by the club about returning to the hot seat. Don't know any more than that at the moment, but I do know that Coppell has said privately in the past, that he would love to manage the club again one day.

It's all a matter of timing now. With Norwich, Charlton Southampton and Leeds to play in a row, I think if Slade time is well and truely up.

Haven't heard whether Pinky and Perky will fnally get the chop as well, but we can only pray and hope that we finally get a management team, and not just a manager and a couple of useless cling ons.

Cant be bothered to go through all your posts, but can you show me evidence of where you claimed such things with Wilkins/Adams and then I might just believe you with Coppell. Otherwise its just you fantasising.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
After Adams returned and messed up i always said never go back.

However i feel Coppell is a different kettle of fish on this front, don't know why but i do..
He may well feel he has unfinished business here also.
This never go back line, is just an old cliche.

Micky Adams was doomed before he took over, and I thought he was intelligent enough to see it. Wilkins had brought many of that squad through from young boys, done incredilbily well in finnishing 7th despite the chairman totally ballsing evrything upduring the transfer window, and then got sacked a day after releasing anumber of players.

Micky Adams than had to carrying things on with a group of players who many looked towards Dean Wilkins, not only as a manager, and friend, but father figure. No wonder he failed. Anone who spoke to Adams after he was sacked, or even before if memory serves me right, he was quoted as saying he had a bunch of players with no balls, players that didn't want to know. That's why Adams failed second time around, and that's why he should never have taken the job.

Fast forward to now, and Coppell would be taking over from a manager who has no long term ties to the players, and who is seriosuly under achiving. It's the total opposite to Adams going back, as the current crop would be working had to prove themseleves to the new man, instead of resenting the new manager who they saw as "shitting" on the old one.

Last edited:

no point getting him in if White and Booker are still here

Agreed. Get rid of Slade and appoint White and Booker as joint managers then there would be no need to waste money on Coppell. Stand back and watch us fly arrow like to the Premiership!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Cant be bothered to go through all your posts, but can you show me evidence of where you claimed such things with Wilkins/Adams and then I might just believe you with Coppell. Otherwise its just you fantasising.
You can't be bothered to go through my old posts, just as I can't be bothered to prove myself to you.:shrug:

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He nearly got us relegated last season

That's right Mike, Micky had got us into position to make a strike at the play-offs only for us to crumble under Slade.

Nurse, NURSE!!

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
How OFTEN do I have to say it. NEVER GO BACK.

There is only one man who should be manager, and that is DEAN WILKINS (smells lovely in the shower too!)

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You can't be bothered to go through my old post just as I can't be bothered to prove myself to you.:shrug:

Good man. Some people are bloody idle and want everything on a plate. The term "lay down and I'll fan you with a brick" springs to mind.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He is pretty reliable.

Coppell is the only person I would like to see take over from Slade. And it just might be right for him as well.

I got the impression he wants to get back but doesn't want a high profile job. Two or three years with us getting us settled in falmer and hopefully the Championship just might suit him fine.

If he is available then I would appoint him and say thanks for everything to RS and try and end things amicably. If Coppell isn't interested then I would stick with RS.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Coppell is the only person I would like to see take over from Slade. And it just might be right for him as well.

I got the impression he wants to get back but doesn't want a high profile job. Two or three years with us getting us settled in falmer and hopefully the Championship just might suit him fine.

If he is available then I would appoint him and say thanks for everything to RS and try and end things amicably. If Coppell isn't interested then I would stick with RS.

I agree with that 100%

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Not that I did it for you, but in answer to another lazy prick on another thread Adams To Leave This Month - North Stand Chat

And also hasn't it come to light since, that Paul Ince was the man they wanted, but cancelled the meeting when Uncle Dick waiting for a plane:p

And enough people also with Moles PM'ed me at the time to confirm the Wilkins story. It's just most people that know stuff on here, can't be arsed to post any more because of cocks like you. All you had to do was type in search "Micky Adams Sacked" for your answer.

I'm so honoured that you believe me now. I can sleep easy tonight:wanker:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If Slade does get the heave-ho ..then maybe if Curbishley was interested go for him and have Coppell as back-up..like others have said he has this habit of walking out..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Slades just not been given long enough this season. Sacking a guy after 14 games would be a joke.
But IF his time is up with Bloom (and thats a big if), then Coppell would be a good appointment.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Not that I did it for you, but in answer to another lazy prick on another thread Adams To Leave This Month - North Stand Chat

And also hasn't it come to light since, that Paul Ince was the man they wanted, but cancelled the meeting when Uncle Dick waiting for a plane:p

And enough people also with Moles PM'ed me at the time to confirm the Wilkins story. It's just most people that know stuff on here, can't be arsed to post any more because of cocks like you. All you had to do was type in search "Micky Adams Sacked" for your answer.

I'm so honoured that you believe me now. I can sleep easy tonight:wanker:

I believe you Mr Burns and can't wait for it to happen, do you know anytime scale?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
If Slade does get the heave-ho ..then maybe if Curbishley was interested go for him and have Coppell as back-up..like others have said he has this habit of walking out..
Coppell is a top class manager, so who can blame him for walking out, if he sees disater coming. Reading would have plummted whether he went or stayed, so why would he want to have that assocated to his name.

Curbs would be everyones choice I think, but unfortunately the club are not in a position either in league terms or financally to get him at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here