Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams To Leave This Month

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I have just heard from the same person who told me back in January/February that Adams was coming back and Wilkins was getting the sack.

I aint naming names, so dont ask for the ketchup, but it would appear Micky Adams is a dead man walking. He has lost the backing of a major director at the Albion and will be pushed, if he doesn't walk this week.

Knight has faught to keep he here this long, and knew that if we didn't get to Wembley he had to part with Micky Adams. From what I can make out, Knight still backs him and wants him to stay, but he HAD to win tonight to keep himself in any chance of staying here, as a major director who wants him gone, was only prepared to go along with him for the rest of the season IF we got to Wembley.

My source tells me Micky Adams will part by "Mutal Consent" later this week, or be sacked next week. Make of that what you will.

As I said, this source is reliable, and when he told me early last year that Adams was coming back, I thought it was such a ridiculous rumour, I forgot he told me,until he reminded me AFTER Wilkins was sacked what he said.

He also said that from what he knows, the club will be looking to bring Paul Ince in to replace him.

This would make sense to me, as the board probably see's Ince as a "saleable Asset" if he turns things around. Whether or not the can afford him is a different matter. There is also less than Zero chance of Wilkins coming back. (Is suppose I'll have to live with that!)

Only time will tell, but whatever this source has told me in the past as generally turned out to be true. If you believe me or not, I don't really care, but those who have listened to my ramblings in the past, will know I do have a good contact at the heart of the club.

Last edited:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I have just heard from the same person who told me back in January/February that Adams was coming back and Wilkins was getting the sack.

I aint naming names, so dont ask for the ketchup, but it would appear Micky Adams is a dead man walking. He has lost the backing of a major "player" at the Albion and will be pushed, if he doesn't walk this week.

Knight has faught to keep he here this long, and knew that if we didn't get to Wembley he had to part with Micky Adams. From what I can make out, Knight still backs him and wants him to stay, but he HAD to win tonight to keep himself in any chance of staying here, as a major director who wants him gone, was only prepared to go along with him for the rest of the season IF we got to Wembley.

My source tells me Micky Adams will part by "Mutal Consent" later this week, or be sacked next week. Make of that what you will.

As I said, this source is reliable, and when he told me early last year that Adams was coming back, I thought it was such a ridiculous rumour, I forgot he told me,until he reminded me AFTER Wilkins was sacked what he said.

He also said that from what he knows, the club will be looking to bring Paul Ince in to replace him.

This would make sense to me, as the board probably see's Ince as a "saleable Asset" if he turns things around. Whether or not the can afford him is a different matter. There is also less than Zero chance of Wilkins coming back. (Is suppose I'll have to live with that!)

Only time will tell, but whatever this source has told me in the past as generally turned out to be true. If you believe me or not, I don't really care, but those who have listened to my ramblings in the past, will know I do have a good contact at the heart of the club.

sounds about right to me.

He reminded me tonight of Mcgee when we lost to Bristol city and DK siad he hasd lost the fans. Tonight was MA chance to put all the bad season behind him and start afresh but he blew it and I mean by thr performance more tahn the result.
:rant:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Its not just Adams that is the problem, its Booker & White that will have to go as well. Too much sentimental coaching baggage at the club.

We need a fresh start with new ideas and a new backroom team.

I like Adams and I wish it had all worked out for him, but i think following on from a half decent Wilkens season was always going to be tough for any new manager.

To be honest, I think there are far better teams in league 1 & 2 that deserve to go to go to Wembley. If we had gone there i would have put a false perspective on an otherwise very poor season. Good luck to Luton. They have been dealt a shit card this season and there fans deserve a good day out before they get sentdown to the conference.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'm guessing this 'major' player who has lost the faith is either...

a) Nicky Forster
or
b) Michel Kuipers

More likely to be Fozzy I think...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I should point out that this information was obtained (by my source) over the weekend.

It's not a reaction to tonights game, the decision on the way forward was agreed before tonights game.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
No good it being next week or end of the month, it has to be ASAP.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kuipers is lucky to be in the side with Sulivan breathing down his neck.

And why waste time hanging on until next week? The new guy needs time.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I predict Adams will leave Brighton.....one day.... told you so.

What a F***** stupid thread this is. Ow, I've just seen who started it. Enough said.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
i predict adams will leave brighton.....one day.... Told you so.

What a f***** stupid thread this is. Ow, i've just seen who started it. Enough said.
twat.

I haven't said one day you pillock. The way I took this info is if he doesn't quit in the next couple of days, he'll be sacked by the weekend. His days as manager seem to be over. It's not a case of when he goes, its a case of how he goes.

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Adams Considering Future

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

I aint naming names, so dont ask for the ketchup, but it would appear Micky Adams is a dead man walking. He has lost the backing of a major director at the Albion and will be pushed, if he doesn't walk this week.

This man - he speak'eth the truth.

Knight and one other board member are now the only ones left backing Adams.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here