algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He fits the bill for us and we could be exactly what he needs to re invent himself as a competant manager again.

He fits your bill not mine.

Boothy for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has proved him self at lower level and we are onlyin League 1 at the moment plus he must have a lot of contacts within the game to bring in his own team to replace DW and BB.

Boothroyd is one who I wouldnt want because of his route one style which is no better than we are doing. He is an established Championship manager that other Championship clubs will be eyeing so he is out of our range.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He has proved him self at lower level and we are onlyin League 1 at the moment plus he must have a lot of contacts within the game to bring in his own team to replace DW and BB

Maybe i'm being a bit harsh on Ince but lets face it,i don't think to many Albion fans(myself included)will be excited about it.It will take alot of work from Ince to prove his salt.Is he a manager to put bums on seats or perhaps increase season tickets sales? Not in my books.
Since he has no real pedigree to his cv i can see the fans turning on him and Knight quickly if results don't improve.If you get a house hold name then the fans will be more forgiving.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that he a 'household' name by his achievments at Macclesfield and MK Dons as a manager and for his general playing career. Given the choice I would poach Warnock from Palace but that aint gunna happen.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, they don't have to say that at all. They could keep silent, and not back him.

Source for players' backing of Adams: Two well-known people at the club. Don't ask.
I have to say that the backing of the players is surely worth f*** all, considering the shit they've served up this season. It certainly should be.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I would be happy if Adams was sacked ASAP, and would be even happier if we could get Ince as his replacement.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Its not just Adams that is the problem, its Booker & White that will have to go as well. Too much sentimental coaching baggage at the club.

We need a fresh start with new ideas and a new backroom team.

Totally agree for too long the players have felt too 'comfortable' with the manager/backroom staff as if it were a social club, all the kids knew 'Deano' from youth days and that he didn't really crack the whip when needed, then Mickey's return, with Booker - clear the lot out get someone in who knows how to run a 'professional' set up, not the social football club we've had for years, the kind of team spirit/mentality we want is for 'winning' not having a good time at our expense. When players quote - 'Oh! Brighton's a great place' = Lots of fun and you don't have to work too hard, kinda club

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Of course the players that are currently playing are going to come out and back Adams.

If they didn't want him as the boss, they wouldn't say anything.

No-one has 'come out' and said it - Virgo aside, and that's because he was specifically asked. They've said it to his face.

If a new manager comes in, half the team may be left out, and then transfer listed in the summer.

And you think that isn't going to happen anyway?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If they didn't want him as the boss, they wouldn't say anything.

No-one has 'come out' and said it - Virgo aside, and that's because he was specifically asked.

I've never heard any player from any club say that they don't want their manager to stay while he's still in the job. Afterwards, perhaps - but never until then. If they did then you could be sure they'd never play for the club again until he went. Why should someone jeopardise their own playing career and get a reputation as a troublemaker?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've never heard any player from any club say that they don't want their manager to stay while he's still in the job. Afterwards, perhaps - but never until then. If they did then you could be sure they'd never play for the club again until he went. Why should someone jeopardise their own playing career and get a reputation as a troublemaker?

If you're responding to my point, then you're missing what I'm saying. I'm saying if a player doesn't back the manager, he generally ends up remaining silent, unless - like you say - he wants to be a dumb-arse and openly criticise the club/manager/colleagues. Look at what happened to George O'Callaghan for instance.

What I have been told by two reliable sources is that the players individually and collectively are 100% behind Micky. I've used a well-worn stock phrase there I know, but this squad, as I'm led to believe, is still totally united.

It's not automatic that they should back the manager, it just happens to be in this case that they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here