Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams To Leave This Month

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If you're responding to my point, then you're missing what I'm saying. I'm saying if a player doesn't back the manager, he generally ends up remaining silent, unless - like you say - he wants to be a dumb-arse and openly criticise the club/manager/colleagues. Look at what happened to George O'Callaghan for instance.

What I have been told by two reliable sources is that the players individually and collectively are 100% behind Micky. I've used a well-worn stock phrase there I know, but this squad, as I'm led to believe, is still totally united.

It's not automatic that they should back the manager, it just happens to be in this case that they do.

The point I was trying to make is that, even if players swear on the Bible that they want the manager to stay, that doesn't mean anything either. Those that are playing regularly and/or were brought in by the current guy are probably most in favour but even these have their own careers to look out for - and I'm sure that nobody want's a relegation on their CV.

Also, if a few of the players make a point of saying that they want the manager to stay then those that say nothing will stick out like the proverbial. Once one or two say something then it's likely that the rest will do the same.

I don't know or speak to any of the players or those connected to the players but I would be really surprised if they all thought we had the right people in charge.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The point I was trying to make is that, even if players swear on the Bible that they want the manager to stay, that doesn't mean anything either. Those that are playing regularly and/or were brought in by the current guy are probably most in favour but even these have their own careers to look out for - and I'm sure that nobody want's a relegation on their CV.

Also, if a few of the players make a point of saying that they want the manager to stay then those that say nothing will stick out like the proverbial. Once one or two say something then it's likely that the rest will do the same.

I don't know or speak to any of the players or those connected to the players but I would be really surprised if they all thought we had the right people in charge.

So by saying that their support for the manager doesn't mean anything is that their opinion is tainted and therefore valueless...?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the point TLO is making is that even "privately" the players are backing Adams.

Of course in the argus and on radio they will say they support him, stupid to say anything else, but away from the "media" they are still supportive.

Believe me if they wasnt that rumour would be rife.

Like last years Wilkins lost the dressing room etc etc

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So by saying that their support for the manager doesn't mean anything is that their opinion is tainted and therefore valueless...?

I wouldn't give any weight to any statement of support from a professional sportsman about their management because, to paraphrase what someone once said 'they would say that, wouldn't they?'. I guess it's much the same thing as a vote of confidence from the Chairman.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I wouldn't give any weight to any statement of support from a professional sportsman about their management because, to paraphrase what someone once said 'they would say that, wouldn't they?'. I guess it's much the same thing as a vote of confidence from the Chairman.

I'm not talking about statements. Colleagues don't talk to each other in statements.

Going up to your boss and saying something like 'come on boss, chin up, we're in this together - so let's f***ing do it...' is not something they have to do. It's something they want to or need to do. It's called teamwork, camaraderie, togetherness.

And they are in it together.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think the point TLO is making is that even "privately" the players are backing Adams.

Of course in the argus and on radio they will say they support him, stupid to say anything else, but away from the "media" they are still supportive.

Believe me if they wasnt that rumour would be rife.

Like last years Wilkins lost the dressing room etc etc

Publicly or privately, these comments have a way of getting out. Sometimes it's through an unguarded comment and othertimes it's deliberately done as a political play.

As far as I can recall the 'lost the dressing room' comment was attributed to our own chairman. I'll leave it to you to decide as to how this happened.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Going up to your boss and saying something like 'come on boss, chin up, we're in this together - so let's f***ing do it...' is not something they have to do. It's something they want to or need to do. It's called teamwork, camaraderie, togetherness.

If that really happened then I would say that the first few were probably genuine. If the rest of the players all did the same then I would be absolutely amazed if these were too. Also, I wonder what positions Livermore, Cox, Kuipers and Forster were in that queue.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think it all hinges on DK finding Ian Dowie's mobile number which he scrawled on the back of a packet of panatellas when they last met.:)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh dont get me wrong Jim, I agree with you, all I was trying to say is that certainly at the moment comments of the players not backing Adams havent been doing the rounds, regardless of where they may have originated from.

Im an Adams out (and have been for awhile) but certainly this isnt a stick to beat him with, all the other reasons yes.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No, they don't have to say that at all. They could keep silent, and not back him.
Well that depends on the situation really doesn't it. If someone asks them are they behind the manager, they can't just say no comment because that means no. Also there are many reasons they might be backing him. For example in the summer we had Kerry Mayo saying training was "more fun" than Wilkins' "coaching manual" type sessions.

Regardless of this, the players backing him all the way to League Two is not exactly a good thing, is it? The performances suggest that Adams is going to relegate us, hence he should go if we do not want to be relegated.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well that depends on the situation really doesn't it. If someone asks them are they behind the manager, they can't just say no comment because that means no. Also there are many reasons they might be backing him. For example in the summer we had Kerry Mayo saying training was "more fun" than Wilkins' "coaching manual" type sessions.

I'm not talking about public statement or interviews. I'm...

Oh bollocks to it. Forget it. I give up.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I'm tired of all the speculation about the manager. It can't be helping his and the team's preparation for the crucial match at Millwall. Lest anyone forgets, the boys are playing at Millwall in forty-eight hours' time and we need to get behind them.:albion2:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not talking about public statement or interviews. I'm...

Oh bollocks to it. Forget it. I give up.
I know you're not, I'm not sure where I suggested you were. It still depends who they're saying it to in what context.

And also it doesn't matter.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Putting in bluntly, If we lose Saturday and Tuesday, with regret, Mickys position will become untenable. End of Story

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Putting in bluntly, If we lose Saturday and Tuesday, with regret, Mickys position will become untenable. End of Story

Keep the faith

He needs time

He has his passion back

:bla::bla::bla:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
With Dick & one other board member backing Micky, The other three have obviously been influenced by the crap posted here.

Either that or the fact that we've won 3 games in 19.

Whichever side of the fence you fall, it's surely not difficult to see the point of view of the other side.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
With Dick & one other board member backing Micky, The other three have obviously been influenced by the crap posted here.

If they have, they should leave immediately.

Seriously, of course that's not the case. It's almost certainly fair to say that of all things in life, NSC is not exactly a prime source for any given director's attitude to anything within the club.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Maybe, but more likely the crap performances that his team have produced, and our League position. Knight has little choice but to back Adams since it is his fault he invited him back to run our team of "southern softies".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here