Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams To Leave This Month

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
With Dick & one other board member backing Micky, The other three have obviously been influenced by the crap posted here.

crap, what crap? The crap that we are 1 point above the mighty hereford and are currently sitting in the mighty possition of 21st in the table?

Sounds like awful bollocks doesn't it.

Oh well The Messiah will turn it around.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
apparently, according to some on here, the players weren't behind wilkins - yet none of them ever came out and said it

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
With Dick & one other board member backing Micky, The other three have obviously been influenced by the crap posted here.

id say its more likely to do with the crap they have been served up with at every game so far this season

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If they didn't want him as the boss, they wouldn't say anything.

I think that is slightly naive. Footballers say a lot of things when they are put under the spotlight.

If you were asked whether you thought your boss was upto the job and it was to be published, what would you say?

'No he is not' or 'No comment' would be suicidal.

apparently, according to some on here, the players weren't behind wilkins - yet none of them ever came out and said it

What does it actually mean when players are 'completely behind the manager' anyway? Maybe players can dislike a manager yet get great results.

Maybe people can like their immediate boss, but it doesn't mean the company is best off with that person.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think that is slightly naive. Footballers say a lot of things when they are put under the spotlight.

If you were asked whether you thought your boss was upto the job and it was to be published, what would you say?

'No he is not' or 'No comment' would be suicidal.

FOR f*** SAKE.

What part of 'I don't mean statements made in public or to the media' do people not understand?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I was clearly referring to your post. I did not edit it or twist it in any way. What on earth are you talking about?

think what fatty is trying to say he is a superfan and close to players (whats that smell is it cows,pigs no bullshit)the only thing fat alan is close to is a big mac and fries

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well, part 1 hasn't developed. He didn't walk. But why would he? He's not going to pass over on over two years worth of wages. Can't blame him for that.

Big question is, will they have the bollocks to sack him Monday? Haven't heard nothing new, so I would imagine a defeat tomorrow and he's gone. Maybe a win tomorrow he'll still be gone, but nil points, and unless Dick won his battle, Micky's days in the south may well be over!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well, part 1 hasn't developed. He didn't walk. But why would he? He's not going to pass over on over two years worth of wages. Can't blame him for that.

Big question is, will they have the bollocks to sack him Monday? Haven't heard nothing new, so I would imagine a defeat tomorrow and he's gone. Maybe a win tomorrow he'll still be gone, but nil points, and unless Dick won his battle, Micky's days in the south may well be over!

I bet you are loving the thought of that. The number of Albion fans who will be sitting at home watching teletext and being pleased if we lose sickens me. Adams won't be sacked so why not try getting behind the team (which is still gelling after some good January signings) rather than waiting for the next defeat?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
think what fatty is trying to say he is a superfan and close to players (whats that smell is it cows,pigs no bullshit)the only thing fat alan is close to is a big mac and fries

I think what you are trying to say is that you cannot understand anyone having a different opinion from you. We are all allowed an opinion of our own and just because we don't all want the team to lose the next game so we can slag off the manager, does not mean we are wrong.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I bet you are loving the thought of that. The number of Albion fans who will be sitting at home watching teletext and being pleased if we lose sickens me. Adams won't be sacked so why not try getting behind the team (which is still gelling after some good January signings) rather than waiting for the next defeat?
You are a total dickhead sometimes. Why do you think everyone wants us to lose? People are rightly pissed off with things. FFS we're Brighton fans, we want to win every game. I would love to see Micky Adams turn it around, and become the greatest manager we've ever had. But I was saying that in October, and here we are towards the end of February, we I'm still saying it. The difference is now, that if we lose tomorrow, and other results go against us, we are going to be adrift by two wins, and lets be fair, who can see where the next win is coming from, let alone two just to have any hope of leaving the bottom four.

This is why myself, along with over half of everyone else on here, wants Adams out ASAP. He's had more than enough time to prove there is hope, but lets start facing facts here, despite what many try and put over, we are in serious danger of getting relagated.

Just saying we will stay up, get behind the team isn't good enough any more. In fact I think Micky has had an very very easy time of it, considering the position we are in. No other man would have been given time to turn it around like he has, and no other manager would have been given time like he has from the supporters. The players are good enough, the team under Micky Adams is not.

But facts are facts, and the table doesn't lie. By 5pm tomorrow, we could be next to the bottom and more than one win away from safety.

Maybe then a few people will start to turn against him, or will it take the fixtures coming out with a trip to Histon and Burton Albion to make people see we are f***ed.

And why do you think Micky won't be sacked. My mole reckons he'll go Monday, and I think he will if we lose. He was right about Wilkins sacking, so I've no reason to doubt him on this, and it appears more than one person on here has heard the same thing.

So stop all this We Won't go Down, get behind the team, he won't be sacked crap. We've been hearing it for 5 months now, and it appears if things continue, we are going down, and we will get sacked.

Last edited:

Some people just plump for divisiveness on this issue.
It's not just a 'black and white' situation where, if you like Adams (for whatever reason ??? ) then you are a good Albion supporter, and if you don't want him as manager now - you are a bad one.
Let's all face one fact - Adams has actually had a lot of leeway after the results so far, purely because he was a previously successful manager at Brighton, and that's still working for him in many quarters (including the one most important for him, the boardroom).
Personally, I also had more patience for him than I would have for a stranger, a previously unconnected-with-Albion manager. (edit;as Mr Burns also said, above)
By now though, it's not been too tough to notice that he has failed to get results, performances (no shots on goal vs Carlisle, from a strengthened squad following a home loss? Expecting to lose to 'superior' league 1 teams when we used to expect to win?) or tactics going in our favour. That has lead to many fans now having lost patience, and seen the writing on the wall clear as day. If we'd just had a couple of disappointing matches, then okay - but game after game, week in week out, with the excuses all used up, the false dawns like; the pre-Christmas extra training/transfers/announcements/realizations/etc, it's now looking convincingly....... clueless.

However we express it, we are agreed on one thing;- we are disappointed with results and want to get BACK to winning ways.
Let's agree on another thing then;- the sooner we get back to winning points the better. It's getting very urgent, with Crewe and Hereford bucking their ideas up and promotion-pushers getting ever more ambitious. If winning points means Adams going, then his supporters must still accept the sacrifice, If he stays and turns things round NOW - then it'll be not a moment too soon and it will be welcomed with great relief.

Are we not in agreement?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I have just heard from the same person who told me back in January/February that Adams was coming back and Wilkins was getting the sack.

I aint naming names, so dont ask for the ketchup, but it would appear Micky Adams is a dead man walking. He has lost the backing of a major director at the Albion and will be pushed, if he doesn't walk this week.

Knight has faught to keep he here this long, and knew that if we didn't get to Wembley he had to part with Micky Adams. From what I can make out, Knight still backs him and wants him to stay, but he HAD to win tonight to keep himself in any chance of staying here, as a major director who wants him gone, was only prepared to go along with him for the rest of the season IF we got to Wembley.

My source tells me Micky Adams will part by "Mutal Consent" later this week, or be sacked next week. Make of that what you will.

As I said, this source is reliable, and when he told me early last year that Adams was coming back, I thought it was such a ridiculous rumour, I forgot he told me,until he reminded me AFTER Wilkins was sacked what he said.

He also said that from what he knows, the club will be looking to bring Paul Ince in to replace him.

This would make sense to me, as the board probably see's Ince as a "saleable Asset" if he turns things around. Whether or not the can afford him is a different matter. There is also less than Zero chance of Wilkins coming back. (Is suppose I'll have to live with that!)

Only time will tell, but whatever this source has told me in the past as generally turned out to be true. If you believe me or not, I don't really care, but those who have listened to my ramblings in the past, will know I do have a good contact at the heart of the club.

You are right on the money - congrats -any update on Ince?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here