Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs ticket availability

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Sorry but have to agree with gerbil on this one

There are a few people at work who want to go to the spurs game but can't as they won't get a ticket. (Before you start ranting they go to home games, not a member of the AMS or season ticket holders so can't get a ticket.) these are future fans that we are missing out on!

In my opinion,The club should make sure that as many fans as possible get a chance to see the big games. e.g spurs away. why should the club decide that I can't go because they haven't got enough money to pay up in advance

A prime example of the club not giving a shit about the fans again (e.g grimsby allocation, west ham etc) yet wanting help to bail them out all the time. (forty note fund alive and kicking appeal)

Like to see what another club would have done in the same position about the tickets.

Why should the club being skint stop people from going to support their team (i have already got my ticket for spurs!!)

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yoda said:
So unless we agree with you we're part of 'The Gang'

OH FFS! SORRY! :nono:

Never said that did I?

There is an exclusive "clique" on here.The members know who they are.

What amuses me is when people try to get in the said clique with all their arse licking. It cracks me up.

Silver flying chariot said:

There are a few people at work who want to go to the spurs game but can't as they won't get a ticket. (Before you start ranting they go to home games, not a member of the AMS or season ticket holders so can't get a ticket.) these are future fans that we are missing out on!

In my opinion,The club should make sure that as many fans as possible get a chance to see the big games. e.g spurs away. why should the club decide that I can't go because they haven't got enough money to pay up in advance

A prime example of the club not giving a shit about the fans again (e.g grimsby allocation, west ham etc) yet wanting help to bail them out all the time. (forty note fund alive and kicking appeal)

Like to see what another club would have done in the same position about the tickets.

Why should the club being skint stop people from going to support their team (i have already got my ticket for spurs!!)

If your friends are that bothered, why haven't they joined the AMS? ???

If Dick Knight didn't give a shit, then we wouldn't be where we are today. And they asked for help when needed, not demanded it. There is a difference.

Any skint club would have done the same as us, oh unless you're called Leeds and in that case you keep on spending.

The club being skint won't stop 4500 fans going to the game. Spurs being unreasonable will stop all the others from attending.

Colbourne Kid said:
We still haven't sold out the original issue.
Read that and digest it.

Now read it again.

Colbourne Kid said:
We still haven't sold out the original issue.
Now stop whinging.

Anyone with internet access has had since last Tuesday - SIX DAYS AGO - to put an order in the post.

People without internet access who get their information from the Argus have had since Wednesday.

Even allowing for the state of the post, anyone who applied promptly will get a ticket.

People who won't get one have only themselves to blame.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

So, these fans have never been to an away AMS game before, but have a right to go to the big games like Spurs away.

ok.

why should the club decide that I can't go because they haven't got enough money to pay up in advance

Freudan slip?

Originally posted by Silver flying chariot

THE CLUB IS FINANCIALLY IN THE SH%T, IT CAN'T AFFORD TO LAY CASH OUT UP FRONT IN CASE SOME GLORY HUNTERS DECIDE TO GO TO THE BIG GAMES

Originally posted by Silver flying chariot

BECAUSE THE CLUB PRIMARILY WANTS TO SURVIVE LONG ENOUGH TO GET A NEW STADIUM

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
So, these fans have never been to an away AMS game before, but have a right to go to the big games like Spurs away.

what right does anyone have to go to any game???

I have no problem with glory hunters going to big games as long as they don't take the tickets of the people who go regularly. see below scenario

My Mrs - A member of the AMS, not been to a brighton game for 3 years can get a ticket for spurs if she applies early enough, however the bloke at work who has been to 7 home games this year and 13 last year with his boys (at £50 a game) can't get one. FAIR? i think not!!!

All I am trying to say is that the club should have paid for the extra tickets in advance. It's these type of people who are the future supporters at falmer. are we saying, sorry wait a few years till we get to falmer and come back then and get your tickets??

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

what right does anyone have to go to any game???

I have no problem with glory hunters going to big games as long as they don't take the tickets of the people who go regularly. see below scenario

My Mrs - A member of the AMS, not been to a brighton game for 3 years can get a ticket for spurs if she applies early enough, however the bloke at work who has been to 7 home games this year and 13 last year with his boys (at £50 a game) can't get one. FAIR? i think not!!!

All I am trying to say is that the club should have paid for the extra tickets in advance. It's these type of people who are the future supporters at falmer. are we saying, sorry wait a few years till we get to falmer and come back then and get your tickets??

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I couldn't agree more.

You're banging your head against a brick wall saying that on here though because Dick Knight has God like status.

I just hope a few of those saying that the board have done the right thing are some of the people who miss out on tickets,then see what they say.

It'll probably be "I don't mind missing out because the club have made loads of money" though.

What a load of HORSE SHIT.

All I am trying to say is that the club should have paid for the extra tickets in advance.
How? Write a cheque?

What happens when it bounces because the funds aren't in the bank?

We get NO tickets.

Mass panic breaks out and other creditors start demanding early payment of bills.

It's the fast-track to the Club going into administration...

... and a ten-point deduction.

Lord Bracknell said:
How? Write a cheque?

What happens when it bounces because the funds aren't in the bank?

We get NO tickets.

Mass panic breaks out and other creditors start demanding early payment of bills.

It's the fast-track to the Club going into administration...

... and a ten-point deduction.

Two points....My understanding was the away club didn't have to settle the tab with the home club until the actual day of the match. Also, if that isn't the case, surely some kind of short term bridging arrangement could have been arranged with the bank against guaranteed income that would be coming in during the next week?......

Of course that is fair, you're missus has qualified for the AMS, your friend has not. Simple solution, get your friend to join the AMS. Then he can apply for any tickets he likes, hardly rocket science is it?

Better than saying "sorry, no more tickets we're bankrupt" Don't you think????

You're banging your head against a brick wall saying that on here though because Dick Knight has God like status.

Hardly fair to blame the guy for doing his best to keep us afloat and bring us a new stadium back in Brighton. Would you rather we had gone bust years ago than have him in charge?

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Zeitgeist said:
Two points....My understanding was the away club didn't have to settle the tab with the home club until the actual day of the match. Also, if that isn't the case, surely some kind of short term bridging arrangement could have been arranged with the bank against guaranteed income that would be coming in during the next week?......

Of course it could.

The fact of the matter is they didn't want to do it.

gerbil said:
Of course it could.

The fact of the matter is they didn't want to do it.

Well as you've said that all day, i'm sure you know for a fact how much the said short term loan would have cost the club? And the fact that the club could have got the loan? And the fact that the club didn't try and arrange this loan?

My guess is you know the answer to none of the above.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
If they had tried to arrange it don't you think it would've made the papers or been on the radio.

No I don't know how much it would've cost but my guess is not a lot as it would have been for less than a month.

Take your rose tinted specs off and realise that we've been done over.

gerbil said:
If they had tried to arrange it don't you think it would've made the papers or been on the radio.

No I don't know how much it would've cost but my guess is not a lot as it would have been for less than a month.

Take your rose tinted specs off and realise that we've been done over.

Does the clubs bank manager also work part time at the argus and southern fm then?

Even if it didn't cost more than a few grand, it still means selling some tickets at a loss. Not something the club can afford, even if it will make YOU happy.

I'm not wearing any specs, i realise us fans have been paying the penalty of being shafted years ago. But i'll stand by the club i love and support, and do what it takes to see them survive.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Shafted years ago and it's started again now.

You stick with it mate.

More fool you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here