Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs ticket availability

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
gerbil said:
Why would I be moaning if they made less profit?

They could've still made profit on the original allocation.

If they bought the extra tickets that were on offer they could've broken even on them BUT kept evrybody happy.It would've been good PR for them and people might have been more inclined to throw into the begging bowl next time it's passed around.

£44,000 divided by 1,200 comes to just under £37 a ticket. Considering the highest price band was £30 they'd be sold at a loss. If the tickets were charged at £37 could you see 1,200 people paying that much for a ticket coming so soon after christmas? A wise move by the club in my opinion. However people's opinions will differ and it's impossible for the club to give a solution that everybody will agree with.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Fluffster said:
Unfortunately with the current financial state of the club these aren't risk's we can afford to take.
Exactly. By taking a lesser allocation it's win-win because Spurs will probably still sell out so we'll still get the maximum income. If we took more and didn't sell them we'd have basically thrown away an opportunity to make money from the FA Cup that hasn't come our way in over 10 years. At this point in time financial concerns over ride all others.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The extra tickets were priced at £37 each or so somebody on here said the other day.

Yes I think we would've sold them all but we'll never know will we as they didn't get them and therefore give something back to the people they are asking for help.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
gerbil said:
The extra tickets were priced at £37 each or so somebody on here said the other day.

Yes I think we would've sold them all but we'll never know will we as they didn't get them and therefore give something back to the people they are asking for help.

Even so we're paying the full price for these tickets and yet only getting less than half of these gate receipts back as I understand it. Therefore to maximise income it's best to return them to Spurs to sell so we get our half of the gate receipts without having to pay an extra £44,000. Which when considering we can't even afford to pay a month's wages of a loanee, is money we can't throw away.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
The Wookiee said:
I know that but its not our fault either!!

If they borrowed the £150,000 today it would be paid back before the 8th January because we would of sold all the tickets, thats less than a month!

Now the interest on that amount for that length of time would not be alot.

We would lose out eventually if we dont get the extra tickets because I doubt Spurs will sell out therefore the attendance will be down by 1200 and our share of the gate receipts would be impacted!

Simple as that! All we need to do now is find someone who will lend that sum of money to a completely unviable business proposition (i.e. £2m debt, no assets and mounting costs). we'll arrange the loan in a matter of minutes. Then we'll ask them to stand politely at the back of the queue when we start repaying our debts.

The existing creditors have first dibs on monies in - therefore, we cant start borrowing money secured against funds that are already due to be paid elsewhere.

Sometimes i think half our fans don't really give 2 fucks about our future. All they care about is themselves, whinge, whinge, f***ing whinge. So you might miss out on one game, big f***ing deal. Only one things matters about the tickets, and thatsthat every single one possible is sold. So long as the club gets maximum financial gain out of this match, nothing else matters.

If you want to blame anyone, then blame Spurs for making us have to cough up in advance if we wanted extra tickets. They probably knew they would be declined, giving them the chance to sell more to their own fans.

Robbo

Faldo said:
Simple as that! All we need to do now is find someone who will lend that sum of money to a completely unviable business proposition (i.e. £2m debt, no assets and mounting costs). we'll arrange the loan in a matter of minutes. Then we'll ask them to stand politely at the back of the queue when we start repaying our debts.

The existing creditors have first dibs on monies in - therefore, we cant start borrowing money secured against funds that are already due to be paid elsewhere.

What YOU said innit! :p

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dammit there are some unrealistic people on here. Fact: if you applied for your ticket as soon as the arrangements were made public, you'll get one.

Yes, it would be nice if more than 4,500 people could come to support the Albion, but it's not bad number for starters. Strikes me that a lot of people who moan about the ticketing arrangements are the ones who applied too late and are worried about missing out (which we don't even know is the case yet). FFS, look at Crabtree, he appears to be anticipating disappointment on that front, but do you hear him moaning about the club because of it? I think not.

No bank is going to back the Albion's cheques at the moment because we're in a big black hole, largely, it must be said, through no fault of the current board. So I fail to see the point of the endless whining by some people on NSC, which frankly often seems to be purely for the sake of it.

As for it being "the fans that have to suffer": personally I think that may be overdramatising just a tad. Believe me, in my line of work, I see a fair amount of genuine suffering, and if the worst you have to put up with in life is having to listen to the Albion v Spurs on the radio, then I congratulate you. Annoying, yes, suffering, no.

*IF* we actually don't quite sell out all the 4500 tickets, may I be the first to remind all you whingers?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Faldo said:

Have Ipswich paid us yet?

The club 'borrow' £150,000 from the £250,000 we got for Currie, sell all the tickets we got the £150,000 back and the £250,000 is complete again and can then be used for what ever it was going to be used for.

The club cant lose!!!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
edna krabappel said:
So I fail to see the point of the endless whining by some people on NSC, which frankly often seems to be purely for the sake of it.

That is exactly what they do, they need to find a molehill to make a mountain out of then they start to blow it up like Mount St. Helens......best to just sigh and ignore!

I'll be amazingly gutted if I miss out but I only have myself to blame for not sorting it out sooner, no point blaming the club for that!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rangdo said:
Exactly. By taking a lesser allocation it's win-win because Spurs will probably still sell out so we'll still get the maximum income. If we took more and didn't sell them we'd have basically thrown away an opportunity to make money from the FA Cup that hasn't come our way in over 10 years. At this point in time financial concerns over ride all others.

But. Tottenham fans are getting in for nothing aren't they as 1 FA Cup game is included in their Season Tickets.

How does that work then...will the Albion calculate how many fans got in for nowt and ask Tottenham for a proportion of this money?

I have never understood how this works with us and our free cup voucher...I'll as k the Insider

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
For your information I applied by putting a letter into the ticket office the day details were announced by hand because I only live down the road and I can.

What about all those who live miles away?

If the club want to reward L&K donors by letting them apply with everyone else they should've pulled all the stops out to get as many tickets as they could.

I,personally, think we will sell out and I also think that the genuine fan is being penalised here as I'm sure there will be a few who don't manage to get tickets.

Us fans have been suffering for years now, and shall continue to do so till a new stadium is built. If once all the f*** ups of the previous board have been corrected, and the club still make the fans pay, then is your time to start f***ing whinging. Till that day, shut the f*** up and support the club. Thats if you all are geniune fans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
who rattled your cage?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Rangdo said:

It wont be a sell out for Spurs fans there will definatly be more than 1200 tickets unsold for Spurs supporters.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Wookiee said:
It wont be a sell out for Spurs fans there will definatly be more than 1200 tickets unsold for Spurs supporters.

have you got a time machine? ???
explain your "theory" please :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Happy Seagull said:
Us fans have been suffering for years now, and shall continue to do so till a new stadium is built. If once all the f*** ups of the previous board have been corrected, and the club still make the fans pay, then is your time to start f***ing whinging. Till that day, shut the f*** up and support the club. Thats if you all are geniune fans.

I have not been whinging about the ticket situation I just fail to see the point in it and seems totally unfair.

Now if we did have the extra tickets and we failed to sell them then YOU WILL HEAR ME WHINGE! :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here