Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs ticket availability

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Lammy said:
4500 is enough for everyone that REALLY wants to go. If you haven't applied by now then you only have yourself to blame.

Easy to say that when you think you have a ticket...some are going to be disappointed and the club havent done the best for the fans

The club just had to sell one of better players to help ease the money shortage, and you expect them to be able to cough up money in advance? ??? ffs us STH had to give our money well in advance this season due to the lack of funds at our club. Think about the club 1st and yourself 2nd. :censored:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
As it been confirmed by someone at the club that we were offered these tickets? If not then we are we talking about it.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The Auditor said:
Surely they could have arranged temporary funds...by the time the fans cheques have cleared (thats reduces the borrowing) and then Spurs pay us our share of the receipts the bank gets its money back. The bank know they are onto a sure thing as we get 45% of the gate money.
The club show no faith in the fans but expect blind faith in return

:clap2: They expect us to help bail them out but they won't do anything in return.There is going to be a lot of disappointed people.If I'm 1 of them I'll be livid.They turned down the chance of keeping everybody happy because they are too tight the fork out.I'm sure if they had looked into it they would have found ways and means of getting the money in advance.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wardywonderland said:
As it been confirmed by someone at the club that we were offered these tickets? If not then we are we talking about it.

from Insider:

"We were not being asked simply for £44k, but for the full payment up front of all tickets which was approximately £150k. Under the FA Cup regulations, the home team is allowed to do this.

We simply don't have £150k spare, even until the end of January when we will get our share of the gate money."

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
from Insider:

"We were not being asked simply for £44k, but for the full payment up front of all tickets which was approximately £150k. Under the FA Cup regulations, the home team is allowed to do this.

We simply don't have £150k spare, even until the end of January when we will get our share of the gate money."

Yet more spin from the club

They have got more spin than an indian cricket team!!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If we sell out our allocation will we still have the option to buy the remaining seats or are they already on sale to Spurs fans?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I can't believe that the FA ticket rules allow the home team to charge up front for tickets before the away club has started to sell. I can understand them doing this for extra tickets above the 15% allocation but surely the initial 15% allocation should be given to the opposition with no up front payment required.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Silver flying chariot said:
from Insider:

Yet more spin from the club

They have got more spin than an indian cricket team!!!
FFS, the club is in financial shit. When I spoke to them, they said they'd asked for 7,000 tickets, obviously thinking they'd be able to flog 7,000 or thereabouts.

BUT, if they had to buy all upfront, they simply haven;t got the spare cash to do so. And sadly we suffer. But I do not think it is spin. We are just f***ed financially and that, unfortunately, is what happens. Take back the millions so far spent on Falmer, and no worries.

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
eastlondonseagull said:
FFS, the club is in financial shit. When I spoke to them, they said they'd asked for 7,000 tickets, obviously thinking they'd be able to flog 7,000 or thereabouts.

BUT, if they had to buy all upfront, they simply haven;t got the spare cash to do so. And sadly we suffer. But I do not think it is spin. We are just f***ed financially and that, unfortunately, is what happens. Take back the millions so far spent on Falmer, and no worries.

short term loan? our share of the gate will easily cover ticket costs

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
You'd think Spurs would be reasonable here - maybe pay 50% now and 50% later.

To make payments against uncleared funds, and taking on debt knowing full well you dont have the funds to repay it are three quarters of the way towards fraud!

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
The Wookiee said:
http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41657

:nono: :nono: :nono:

So because of the clubs financial problems some fans will be prevented from travelling away to watch The Albion because the club cant afford to buy the tickets to sell to the fans, this simply isn't right again we the fans suffer.

It's hardly the club's fault is it, we all know the financial situation we're in FFS! It's not like it's coming as any great suprise. The club have to think about cash-flow before they can just pay £150k upfront, short-term loans etc.. would just cost us more with high interest charges and we really need the highest revenues we can get out of this fixture with the minimum of costs to simply survive!

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
eastlondonseagull said:

If they were in the least bit worried I'm sure they could have found a way of finding the cash to pay for them up front.

It could've been a good PR exercise even if they only broke even on selling the extra tickets.
But,hey what do they care as long as the initial allocation sells that'll do very nicely for them.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
gerbil said:

But,hey what do they care as long as the initial allocation sells that'll do very nicely for them.

Possibly but I'm happy with that if it's more economically viable for them. If I miss out on a ticket so be it. Better that than the club miss out on a good money spinning opportunity. If they did what you say and made less profit then you'd be moaning about that so they can't win really can they?

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Fluffster said:
It's hardly the club's fault is it, we all know the financial situation we're in FFS! It's not like it's coming as any great suprise. The club have to think about cash-flow before they can just pay £150k upfront, short-term loans etc.. would just cost us more with high interest charges and we really need the highest revenues we can get out of this fixture with the minimum of costs to simply survive!

I know that but its not our fault either!!

If they borrowed the £150,000 today it would be paid back before the 8th January because we would of sold all the tickets, thats less than a month!

Now the interest on that amount for that length of time would not be alot.

We would lose out eventually if we dont get the extra tickets because I doubt Spurs will sell out therefore the attendance will be down by 1200 and our share of the gate receipts would be impacted!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Rangdo said:
Possibly but I'm happy with that if it's more economically viable for them. If I miss out on a ticket so be it. Better that than the club miss out on a good money spinning opportunity. If they did what you say and made less profit then you'd be moaning about that so they can't win really can they?

Why would I be moaning if they made less profit?

They could've still made profit on the original allocation.

If they bought the extra tickets that were on offer they could've broken even on them BUT kept evrybody happy.It would've been good PR for them and people might have been more inclined to throw into the begging bowl next time it's passed around.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
The Wookiee said:
I know that but its not our fault either!!

If they borrowed the £150,000 today it would be paid back before the 8th January because we would of sold all the tickets, thats less than a month!

Now the interest on that amount for that length of time would not be alot.

We would lose out eventually if we dont get the extra tickets because I doubt Spurs will sell out therefore the attendance will be down by 1200 and our share of the gate receipts would be impacted!

Unfortunately with the current financial state of the club these aren't risk's we can afford to take. At the end of the day I've rather miss out on 1 match and still have a team to follow for the rest of my life. It's a no-win situation for them, whatever they do they'll come under criticism.

(as a side-note I've heard the Spurs tickets are selling fast, they sold 22,000 tickets for a pre-season friendly I'm positive they'll sell this out too.)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
any talk of showing it on a big screen somewhere and the club charging for it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here