Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern trains

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
All they are saying now is the following :-

MAIN LINE (from the following website, posted at 21:08 today - Southern Railway)

A half-hourly service will run in both directions between Brighton and London Victoria calling at Haywards Heath, Three Bridges, Gatwick Airport, Redhill and East Croydon.

So as I live in BH, I have to drive to HH, and hope I can get on a train - they are only running every 30 mins, and currently they are not telling us when those 30minute intervals will be. A joke.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't be arsed to even try to get to London tomorrow. I can work from home so not worth the bother. Pluse the cricket starts again tonight so its going to be an all nighter.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All they are saying now is the following :-

MAIN LINE (from the following website, posted at 21:08 today - Southern Railway)

A half-hourly service will run in both directions between Brighton and London Victoria calling at Haywards Heath, Three Bridges, Gatwick Airport, Redhill and East Croydon.

So as I live in BH, I have to drive to HH, and hope I can get on a train - they are only running every 30 mins, and currently they are not telling us when those 30minute intervals will be. A joke.

I suspect if you check FCC they are running the stoppers ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
These are the only Southern services operqating in Sussex:

Between Brighton and Eastbourne

An hourly train service is running, calling at Polegate and Lewes:

From Brighton to Eastbourne on the hour
From Eastbourne to Brighton at 50 minutes past each hour

An what a load of old bollocks that turned out to be.

I saw that and got to Brighton Station at six minutes to the hour, only to be told trains were leaving a 50 minutes past the hour, not on the hour.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
So is anyone going to chance getting a train to the smoke in the morning?...... it's not looking good..... think i'll walk to Haywards Heath in the morning and see what they advise. Problem is you might be able to get in but what time do you leave to get home again?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So is anyone going to chance getting a train to the smoke in the morning?...... it's not looking good..... think i'll walk to Haywards Heath in the morning and see what they advise. Problem is you might be able to get in but what time do you leave to get home again?

Moi, need to get to the City as worked from home last two days and also WFH on Monday - good meal out free tomorrow night with a supplier

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Im with beach hut, I need to try and get in at least, even if I have to leave early

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Im with beach hut, I need to try and get in at least, even if I have to leave early

That is my problem going for a meal around 16:00 hrs

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would probably try if I couldn't WFH, but there is nothing I can do on the office I can't do at home. In fact I get more done at home as I don't get constantly interupted by minions.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Right everyone, the electronic board via the web is a nonsense so heading down the station..........

I am going out for while.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Made it to the office

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Southern Trains, one word, *****.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Does this mean the service stops after 21.00 or goes back to a normal service? I'm meant to be going to a gig in London tonight butnot sure whether to chance it.

'The revised service we are running will continue until around 21.00 tonight' .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going for the 1932 train home tonight which should connect to Shoreham.

Not a bad service however had to get a bus to Brighton

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does this mean the service stops after 21.00 or goes back to a normal service? I'm meant to be going to a gig in London tonight butnot sure whether to chance it.

'The revised service we are running will continue until around 21.00 tonight' .

Last train back looks around 2100 hrs

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Need to get train to work in a bit, assume FCC are working fine?

I got the 8.14am from Burgess Hill to London Bridge. I got to BH about 7am. They are running every hour, apparently, but don't rely on any schedule 'cos there is none!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here