Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern trains

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
LUCKILY...I'm booked on the 1730 from Birmingham, so should be alright.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nightmare last night, went for a train about 8 from Victoria and got home at 0130

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
been watching trains from Shoreham gradually getting cancelled, decided not to bother with my day to London as its too much effort, shame I've pre-paid for the f***ing ticket...reckon I can get my money back?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
been watching trains from Shoreham gradually getting cancelled, decided not to bother with my day to London as its too much effort, shame I've pre-paid for the f***ing ticket...reckon I can get my money back?

I would have said definitely as the train companies are on the back foot at present

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cool ta, I'll have a go later, back to bed I think!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice journey home then Beachy ?

Not the greatest however there was a very helpful person only a text away.

There was a complete and utter **** at Victoria effing and blinding at everyone about no trains who deserved a right kicking. Got stuck at East Croydon for over an hour however bizarrely having arranged for someone to drive me back to Shoreham from Brighton there was a West Coastway train around 01:00 hrs.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
so the ice is gone and i STILL cant get a train from Portsmouth back to Brighton, so the 700 bus it is which takes 2 and half hours longer

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
so the ice is gone and i STILL cant get a train from Portsmouth back to Brighton, so the 700 bus it is which takes 2 and half hours longer

I caught that bus yesterday morning to Brighton from Shoreham, bloody and £1.90 one way - good value

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
If the snow and ice is all but gone, why are SR still running an emergency timetable? I can understand a few problems this morning as I imagine the stock is all over the place, but to have this amended timetable set in stone seems like overkill.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If the snow and ice is all but gone, why are SR still running an emergency timetable? I can understand a few problems this morning as I imagine the stock is all over the place, but to have this amended timetable set in stone seems like overkill.

It would require someone to put some effort in on a Saturday morning. They must be burnt out considering they have been doing next to nothing for a couple of days.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It would require someone to put some effort in on a Saturday morning. They must be burnt out considering they have been doing next to nothing for a couple of days.

Indeed. They must be really hacked off at having to go back to running a train service for the public's benefit rather than their own.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Customer, fat **** wanting to get to Coulsdon South

I would not condone people abusing staff in that way, but can perfectly wel understand peoples frustration. On my nightmare journey last Tues eve, at one point I was on plat 5 of London Bridge, next to a platform chappie in his little cubicle. Loads of people were asking him questions, and all he did was read out what everryone could see on the screens - and he had radio comms with his control, which added absolutely nothing.

On a side note, one thing that really scared me a few minutes after that, there was an announcement for a Brighton Train as the next train on Plat 5 - the platform was pretty packed at the time. Plat 4 was also packed, and there was a second announcemet that the next train on plat 5 would be going to wherever the plat 4 people were waiting for. So, plat 4 immediately emptied as they rushed over to an already packed plat 5. Forturnately the Brighton train came in straight away, but a few seconds later that platform would have have 2 loads of people fighting for 2 different trains with no space for them - there could really have been a nasty incident. Again, a shambles of communication.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It really is very difficult for the train companies as trains fail at different times which causes the problem with communicating what is actually happening.

Some people are totally irresponsible when this happens and act like total fuckwits but hey ho they probably do in normal life as well.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It really is very difficult for the train companies as trains fail at different times which causes the problem with communicating what is actually happening.

Some people are totally irresponsible when this happens and act like total fuckwits but hey ho they probably do in normal life as well.

Oh, I absolutely agree, and I know things were difficult at the time, but anyone with more than a single brain cell would have either waited for the Brighton train to go before announcing the other one, or at least said the kent train would be the second train. This is my fundamental point, I think, if anyone in control had a) looked to see what was happening on the platform or b) thought what would happen after the second accouncement, it could have been different. There is just no evidence of "joined-up thinking" to use a tacky but quite descriptive managerial term.

Having commuted Shoreham to LB for 22 years, and this week has admitedly been some of the worst conditions, it always feels to me like the trains are being run DESPITE the pasengers and not FOR them.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
For me to get home from Pendulum last night, I had to get a taxi to Gatwick, then sleep there on the floor until the 6.39 train...got home at 7.30

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
For me to get home from Pendulum last night, I had to get a taxi to Gatwick, then sleep there on the floor until the 6.39 train...got home at 7.30

What the f*** is their justification for stopping at 2100 tonight? I'll have to do something similar myself today. Bastards.

How much was your cab?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here