Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern trains

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Does this mean the service stops after 21.00 or goes back to a normal service? I'm meant to be going to a gig in London tonight butnot sure whether to chance it.

'The revised service we are running will continue until around 21.00 tonight' .

Station staff said that last train will be 21.00 tonight so leave plenty of time to get to your destination before this time.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
I recall from the snow earlier this year that if you send Southern your weekly ticket (or if it's still a valid monthly or annual gold card you can take a picture and email them it) they refund you the day(s) you couldn't travel.

They obviously have some clever small print way of sending you pittance though, I have an annual season ticket from Seaford > E Croydon and I was sent a £17 cheque when I know a daily return is £33 or thereabouts.

Could that possibly be because your season ticket is heavily discounted therefore how can you expect them to refund the full daily cost when you pay nowhere near it.

On a simple weekly ticket to London you only need to travel 3 days and you are already in profit based on the extortionate daily ticket.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My mate is supposed to be travelling from Brighton to London today for a gig we're going too. He's got work at 10am tomorrow in Brighton. Do you think they'll be trains in the morning to get down for then?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My mate is supposed to be travelling from Brighton to London today for a gig we're going too. He's got work at 10am tomorrow in Brighton. Do you think they'll be trains in the morning to get down for then?

Who can say? They are making noises about shutting down at 9pm tonight because of the expected big freeze tonight, I for one would say it is unlikely that he'd make it down by 10 tomorrow, bit who can for sure?

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Latest from Southern

Latest weather forecasts predict temperatures will continue to fall this evening leading to substantial risk of ice on the electric rail. For this reason Southern is asking passengers to ensure they commence their homeward journeys by 19.30 at the latest.

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
Few months ago I ordered a train ticket from Lancing to London Victoria for 10.10 as they were doing a deal for kids with adults, will i now be able to get any train, as they wont be doing a normal schedule?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Few months ago I ordered a train ticket from Lancing to London Victoria for 10.10 as they were doing a deal for kids with adults, will i now be able to get any train, as they wont be doing a normal schedule?

Don't Southern do a guarantee at the moment whereby you can get a refund even if you can't be arsed to go? That should cover you anyway I think?

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Just had an email from them saying the service will be shit until 9pm. After that I imagine it will return to normal which is, well, shit.

This.

They deserve to lose their franchise for abandoning huge parts of their network over the last couple of days. No Chichester to Portsmouth trains - not because the conditions were any worse there than anywhere else. Just that they couldn't be arsed.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Booked on the 0749 tomorra', need to get to Euston for 0930. What are my chances :( ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm supposed to be going to Arsenal tomorrow, 8:44am from Shoreham....not looking likely :nono:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Will Southern run buses to replace the trains, or..?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Oxford v Barnet still on but I'm not taking the risk of going. 10.30am pitch inspection - ridiculous. Ideally I'd want to be almost in Oxford by then!

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
I caught the 1602 down from London Victoria this afternoon to Brighton for a train to Eastbourne. All worked perfectly but crikey was that train busy. No seats to be had after Victoria with scores of people left behind at Clapham and Croydon who just could not get on. Trains seemed to be running so they must be quite optimistic about running some sort of service tomorrow?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Fingers Crossed.
Wonder when they'll make an announcement. Gunna' stay up for The Ashes, if my trains off.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
No good for the morning, no?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Get in, trains tomorrow are running from 0600, :rave:.

Will be on the 0719/0749 with a few Desparado's on the go. :drink: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here