Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern trains

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Report the bastards to the rail regulators. They're just taking the piss now.

Stopping at 2100 prevents anyone going out by train tonight. I would go Lewes - Brighton tonight to meet mates for beers but if its a taxi home its just not worth it. But will I get anything back on my season for this? I very much doubt it. Have they announced anything about compensation? The "delay repay" scheme needs you to keep exact details of the train times delayed.

PG

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
With the Albion game off yesterday, my mate from work invited me up to the Emirates to see Arsenal v Fulham. Trains on the way up worked fine, with people obviously leaving at all different times but on the way back, and everybody wanting to depart London aroun 1800 it was so busy. Two trains an hour from London to Brighton with no other coastbound trains.... just disgraceful! You could not get anymore people on the train if you tried, people sitting on the floor and squeezed up against the doors and that was when we left London Victoria. People at Clapham Junction had absolutely no hope of getting on. Still they were Chelsea fans so I dont have that much sympathy but still a shambles nevertheless!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
With the Albion game off yesterday, my mate from work invited me up to the Emirates to see Arsenal v Fulham. Trains on the way up worked fine, with people obviously leaving at all different times but on the way back, and everybody wanting to depart London aroun 1800 it was so busy. Two trains an hour from London to Brighton with no other coastbound trains.... just disgraceful! You could not get anymore people on the train if you tried, people sitting on the floor and squeezed up against the doors and that was when we left London Victoria. People at Clapham Junction had absolutely no hope of getting on. Still they were Chelsea fans so I dont have that much sympathy but still a shambles nevertheless!

To side with Southern, for once, that is the service they advertised as running as they caught up from the trouble of the previous days, so presumably you checked before you made the journey and made the choice to risk it.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
To side with Southern, for once, that is the service they advertised as running as they caught up from the trouble of the previous days, so presumably you checked before you made the journey and made the choice to risk it.

Yeah, I made the choise to risk it. Better than nothing at all.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yeah, I made the choise to risk it. Better than nothing at all.

Well, at least you made it.

Just to revert back to my rants AGAINST Southern, there are currently 18 cancelled services on their website for today, citing the excuse "This is due to a member of train crew being unavailable". Don't know if this is the same crew member mssing or several, but I have never found this excuse to be acceptable. And, of course, there is nothing there about tomorrows commuter service.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
One hour late, today got caught behind TWO trains with passengers taken ill on them, although the first one could have been signals, not strictly Southern's fault though.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Really ? No prob for me getting to London this morning, train was on time at Shoreham, 10 mins late at LB, but that's nothing unusual.

What time? I got the 642 to Burgess Hill and it was fine (Ticket gates open beach Hut) Then got the 0933 which was 15 miutes late to Gatwick

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What time? I got the 642 to Burgess Hill and it was fine (Ticket gates open beach Hut) Then got the 0933 which was 15 miutes late to Gatwick

I get the 6:22 at Shoreham. Think we got into London Bridge at 7:53, while it's due at 7:43. It did seem very crowded when we pulled in to LB, but I'd been asleep for quite a while then, so I guess a load had gotten on at E. Croydon. Ticket gates were also permanently open at Shoreham.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I get the 6:22 at Shoreham. Think we got into London Bridge at 7:53, while it's due at 7:43. It did seem very crowded when we pulled in to LB, but I'd been asleep for quite a while then, so I guess a load had gotten on at E. Croydon. Ticket gates were also permanently open at Shoreham.

I think i heard something about running an lesser service today due to weather, My GF said that her train home from London at 5 is already delayed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
WFH today and why should I care about SR revenue income ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think i heard something about running an lesser service today due to weather, My GF said that her train home from London at 5 is already delayed.

The website speicifically says "A normal service", however, it then specifies about 30 or so services that are running short of carriages, although mainly in the Metro area. Given the temp outside, I shall be leaving early tonight to try to make usre I get away ok, I really don't want a few more hours standing around London Bridge station.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
On Friday I was stuck in a train where all the doors had frozen shut meaning we couldn't get out at Preston Park, managed to force open the doors ay Hassocks and were then greeted with the news that there was no train back towards Brighton for another hour and a half at least

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
The website speicifically says "A normal service", however, it then specifies about 30 or so services that are running short of carriages, although mainly in the Metro area. Given the temp outside, I shall be leaving early tonight to try to make usre I get away ok, I really don't want a few more hours standing around London Bridge station.

on my way to college with a bus + train usually takes me about an hour took me 2:30 so be warned! they are delayed :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here