Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern trains

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And you are the one Tricky subsidises by paying a season ticket - I will resist the temptation to say what I think of you but I am sure others will.

There needs to be penalty fares for travelling without a ticket (from manned stations) of £20 or the full single fare if greater. Where there are gates alongside barriers the staff need to be checking (for valid) tickets and telling those without tickets they cannot pass through.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There needs to be penalty fares for travelling without a ticket (from manned stations) of £20 or the full single fare if greater. Where there are gates alongside barriers the staff need to be checking (for valid) tickets and telling those without tickets they cannot pass through.

They should raise it to 100

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They had a country on its knees to deal with. They changed so many things for the better

Minimum wage
NHS improved
Sure Start tax credits
Education
Serious crime down
The war was the one everyone points to but ask the Iraqis how they feel and they are free, women have rights , they can vote. No more mass murders.

The public transport has improved as Labour pumped millions in.

They turned the country round and will need to do so once Posh boy has f***ed it again

The country was not on it's knees when Labour took over. The economy was healthy and the future was bright.

Crime was falling under the Tories. Crime continued to fall, but at a lesser extent when Labour put their policies into action.

What about education? Has it improved? Granted, they doubled the amount of funding, but what is the result?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/lib-dems-slam-labours-education-failure-1777460.html

No more mass murders? I'm pretty sure Iraq is still a dangerous place and there is a small matter of 100,000+ civilian deaths to contend with. That sounds like a mass murder to me.

I'm not wholly convinced one can claim that public transport has improved and leave it at that. We pay through the nose and our rail network creaks under the strain of operation. Fares are set to rise and peak trains are at bursting point.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
New Southern time table for tomorrow..... anyone fancy giving us an update in the morning? Hoping to get the 7.15 from Goring....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
New Southern time table for tomorrow..... anyone fancy giving us an update in the morning? Hoping to get the 7.15 from Goring....

Trouble is, they got away with not having to provide a service today. The longer the (not all that) cold snap goes on, the less likely they are to be arsed about even making an attempt to provide a service.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just hope trains are running ok tomorrow to Crawley. Can't wait to see my girlfriend, I'm all loved-up at the moment.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Trouble is, they got away with not having to provide a service today. The longer the (not all that) cold snap goes on, the less likely they are to be arsed about even making an attempt to provide a service.

Quite, I dont understand how they got away with todays actions.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Agreed, at the moment, there seems to be an hourly service running OK, but I guess with another dump of snow and temp dropping more, we will be back to square one... its awful really

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I abandoned going to see the Arcade Fire at the O2 tonight as I didn't think I would get home to Worthing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tomorrow will be carnage if the snow carries on like this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fantastic another day at home then

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
All southern trains are suspended , would all staff that cant make it in to work please report to your nearest station :rant:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just been to the station and farcically a bus was going to Littlehampton.

No trains till at least midday

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Just seen a single train limping along the mainline towards Brighton station. Nothing else this morning - working at home overlooking the main line...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here