Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it's all on hold

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Was delivering to the Amex today, and casually chatting with the chap from azure, he says the rumours around the stadium are that the next signing is going to be MASSIVE !
I know it's still only hearsay but it does show that there certainly seems to be something in the pipeline !

Does he do the tours also, he might be the leaker about the players wages as well, loose talk costs jobs

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Eh? So you don't think we got a big signing last summer (Vicente, CMS) and you don't think we've got one this summer? You're difficult to please.

I don't think that Vicente was every our main target, Gus said "sometimes a player comes along who is too good an opportunity to miss". This summer I don't think we have signed anyone yet who is 1 of our 3 top targets. Just off the top of my head I think CMS is the only player that Gus has signed who was ever on the top of his list everyone else proves to be too greedy or turns us down

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5023264 said:
He's getting on a bit though, it could happen. We signed Vicente after all!? Tony Bloom is richer than you think. Plus I heard he's tempted by the facilities of the Martial Art's Centre on Lewes Road as he finds these kinds of facilities well below par in Milan.

The last bit made me giggle. The rest is cloud nine stuff though. We've got a wage cap around 10% of what he'd want a week.

Was delivering to the Amex today, and casually chatting with the chap from azure, he says the rumours around the stadium are that the next signing is going to be MASSIVE !
I know it's still only hearsay but it does show that there certainly seems to be something in the pipeline !

Must be either Kenwyne Jones or Emile Heskey as they are the only ones mentioned previously who could be considered to be massive.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Most transfer windows Gus talks about a big signing but we rarely get one.
I don't think that Vicente was every our main target, Gus said "sometimes a player comes along who is too good an opportunity to miss".
You said we rarely get a big signing. That's got nothing to do with whether or not they're our first target. There are thousands of good players in the world that would be great signings for us, you don't just pick a couple and say it has to be them, otherwise you pay over the odds. You need to have an open mind and get one that will help our team without breaking the bank. Your logic means that if we signed Messi, that wouldn't be a big signing, because he wasn't our target.

This summer I don't think we have signed anyone yet who is 1 of our 3 top targets.
Firstly, as I've said, I think our club are open minded and don't just fix on a couple of targets (only the richest clubs need, and can afford to do that). Secondly, I don't suppose you know who our top 3 targets are, if indeed we have a top 3 targets. We might just have a big list.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I have no idea of the list, but as time goes on I think we all know we will sign a CM and probably a striker.
If I was one of those targets I'd probably hold out too, as the price isn't going to go down is it?
I'm not looking for a marque name just someone who can boss midfield and they don't have to have played for
Inter Milan. I'd be delighted with either a signing from Burnley or Millwall, as long as he could do the job required.

i absolutely love the fact we don't have a clue

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Must be either Kenwyne Jones or Emile Heskey as they are the only ones mentioned previously who could be considered to be massive.

Can't think of anything about Jones that would be described as massive although he is a big lad! Unfortunately not exactly quick to make his way forward beyond the halfway line which is Stoke fans' main gripe about him.Definitely not a player who would provide effective support for CMS. Fortunately, in my view, Jones is linked strongly to West Ham

Heskey on the other hand is massive! He is huge! He is also surprisingly quick across the ground even now.However, Heskey is interesting a couple of Saudi clubs as well as, reportedly, Hull (he played under Steve Bruce quite successfully at Birmingham).

Both seem unilkely in the context of BHAFC.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Sumo-Wrestlers-Photos-18.jpg

?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5021971 said:
I have a feeling we'll get him, this must have been the Inter Milan connection Bozza was talking about.

You honestly really have, let this get to your head.

There's absolute no chance in hell Zlatan Ibrahimovic is going to come to Brighton.

If you think otherwise, you belong in a mental health institute.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
You honestly really have, let this get to your head.

There's absolute no chance in hell Zlatan Ibrahimovic is going to come to Brighton.

If you think otherwise, you belong in a mental health institute.

Oh contrare mon ami! Zlatan is IMMINENT! The stars point a tinkerbelled foot in his direction. Wappioookokkkkooooooowwwww! Gnang gnang gnang!

What, do you expect me to tell you the persons name? I'm telling you what I heard from a very reliable source. This is a football forum where transfers are discussed right?

Yes, but the amount of people who talk utter cack on here claiming they have a "SAUCE" yet fail to name them as other than having "connections" with the club is ludicrous. You have said we are "close to signing two players". GREAT. I could have told you that at 2:49 a.m. Tuesday morning. I tell you who has regular contact with Gus and the team, about 3/4 of my friends who actually WORK for the club. They used to be able to let me know everything about transfers etc (look at my history 100% right) but as the club has moved on they no absolutely nothing. Not a clue. Why? Because we have a much more proffesional way of doing things at this club and 99% of people on here know absolutely sod all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here