Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it's all on hold

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is a large 'box-to-box' strong midfielder and a larger striker going to be synonymous with the Gus style of play? Spain, Barcelona, Arsenal et al do not have this. It is the way Gus has modelled Brighton to play, with the ball to feet. Not sure adding two strong players would help that cause? Or is it a necessity at Championship level?

Yaya Toure, Ibrahimovic - good feet for big men.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Glenn Murray was a strong, hold-up striker, albeit at League One level, and fitted quite comfortably into the style of play, so I would say with some confidence that a bigger man doesn't necessarily equate to hoof-ball. Unless you're Liverpool of course.

Was just asking the question. Point taken. And yes, Liverpool are a shining example of how to utilise a powerful striker :lolol: I wonder what Rodgers will do with him...

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Yaya Toure, Ibrahimovic - good feet for big men.

Crouch, too.

It was merely a reply to the suggestion that more signings were needed. Is it necessary that these additional players were needed, is all I was asking.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was just asking the question. Point taken. And yes, Liverpool are a shining example of how to utilise a powerful striker :lolol: I wonder what Rodgers will do with him...

He was saying yesterday I think that he's not averse to him going out on loan. Not quite sure how a lad like Carroll will cope with living and working in a city like Milan, but it could be fun to watch.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5021971 said:
I have a feeling we'll get him, this must have been the Inter Milan connection Bozza was talking about.

shame then that he plays for AC

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It sounds like Leeds are playing silly b*ggers over this - having agreed a deal with Palace they're holding out for more money.

That will teach Palace to announce they have 8,250 STH's :lol:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5021971 said:
I have a feeling we'll get him, this must have been the Inter Milan connection Bozza was talking about.

I really really am hoping that was a joke !

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5023199 said:
Don't forget he speaks Spanish from his time at Barca - stranger things have happened...

Oh. Dear. God! Once the most expensive footballer in the world. Looked dynamite still at the Euro's. Tell me this-who exactly do you think will stump up the £150k per week that he'll expect to be paid?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Was delivering to the Amex today, and casually chatting with the chap from azure, he says the rumours around the stadium are that the next signing is going to be MASSIVE !
I know it's still only hearsay but it does show that there certainly seems to be something in the pipeline !

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Was delivering to the Amex today, and casually chatting with the chap from azure, he says the rumours around the stadium are that the next signing is going to be MASSIVE !
I know it's still only hearsay but it does show that there certainly seems to be something in the pipeline !

Err... Zamora?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Oh. Dear. God! Once the most expensive footballer in the world. Looked dynamite still at the Euro's. Tell me this-who exactly do you think will stump up the £150k per week that he'll expect to be paid?

He's getting on a bit though, it could happen. We signed Vicente after all!? Tony Bloom is richer than you think. Plus I heard he's tempted by the facilities of the Martial Art's Centre on Lewes Road as he finds these kinds of facilities well below par in Milan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here