Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it's all on hold

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
If that was true, shouldn't Bozza post on here saying that? Which makes me think that's untrue.

Plenty of confusion here I think.

Bozza's tweets of 'spectacular' and 'unexpected' could easily refer to Vicente.

Gus however talked of 'a gem' and at the tiime he was talking about a different player to Vicente - that was clear from the context. Also Bozza's email did definately mention a connection of some sort to Inter Milan - which I can't work out for Vicente. There was talk from a few sources of a signing, after Bridge, which would make people take notice of the club - resigning Vicente doesn't really fit with that, even though it is amazing in itself.

Maybe we will never know, if something has fallen through, but I don't think it's as simple as everything referrring to the dagger.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bozza's tweets of 'spectacular' and 'unexpected' could easily refer to Vicente.
I don't think spectacular can. Last season, yes, but agreeing he'll stay is not spectacular. I just can't imagine inside sources meaning Vicente when saying something spectacular is on the cards.

But I appreciate we may never know.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I don't think spectacular can. Last season, yes, but agreeing he'll stay is not spectacular. I just can't imagine inside sources meaning Vicente when saying something spectacular is on the cards.

But I appreciate we may never know.

We are being fed carrots !

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
thought was a comment about making the footballing world take notice with a signing? Post Bridge! Vicente seeing out his contract is not exactly a new signing

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Depends on the person saying it. I can often overuse the word "awesome". Vicente is a great player and having him agree to return can be 'spectacular' if that's someone's go to word for very good or exciting news. I can also imagine it being said in quite a flat tone, that acknowledges both the speaker and hearer are aware it's (slightly) overstating. Could just be that someone really loves Vicente.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bozza also tweeted that our chances of signing Wayne Bridge were 3/10, 48 hours before he signed.

Goes to show that however well informed and reliable people may seem, nobody really "knows" other than the club.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bozza also tweeted that our chances of signing Wayne Bridge were 3/10, 48 hours before he signed.

Goes to show that however well informed and reliable people may seem, nobody really "knows" other than the club.

I knew about that one 48 hours in advance. Wish I could find more stuff out.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

Really? Blimey, if he was Andy Naylor, he'd be being slated by now

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I knew about that one 48 hours in advance. Wish I could find more stuff out.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that people don't have sources.

Bozza I've no doubt is more informed than most.

But nobody's perfect, and even when you think they're reliable, they aren't "nailed on".

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
4 Jul North Stand Chat North Stand Chat ‏@NorthStandChat
Heard nothing, 3/10 >>> RT [MENTION=12249]Dan[/MENTION]springett: @NorthStandChat TRR for Wayne Bridge ?

You'll recall we wrote about "Wayne Bridge to ‪#bhafc‬" last October when we WERE in talks with him - https://twitter.com/NorthStandChat …

…before hope crumbled a week later - https://twitter.com/NorthStandChat …

4 Jul Shaun Middleton Shaun Middleton ‏@Middski
@NorthStandChat I should imagine the "talks" were minimal when Man City/Bridge realised how much we were prepared to contribute to his wages
Retweeted by North Stand Chat

5 Jul North Stand Chat North Stand Chat ‏@NorthStandChat
Sky Sports running the Wayne Bridge > ‪#bhafc‬ story: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/ …

6 Jul North Stand Chat North Stand Chat ‏@NorthStandChat
The "Wayne Bridge to ‪#bhafc‬" story seems to be dividing Albion fans, and looks like being the main topic of the day - http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php …

6 Jul North Stand Chat North Stand Chat ‏@NorthStandChat
[MENTION=1462]Wilka[/MENTION]1983 asks about NSC TRR for Bridge to ‪#bhafc‬. Difficult. We know the move was explored last season. Wages are the big issue. 5/10.

North Stand Chat ‏@NorthStandChat
[MENTION=17237]BlythMeister[/MENTION] Things change, our ratings change.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In fairness to bozza, there is a difference between "I've not heard anything" and "it's not going to happen".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here