Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it's all on hold

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No not a guess, and not sure why the panic with some its only Tuesday.

Ok, just looking to manage people's expectations around what you've said. Good news then.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Andy Naylor ‏[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus

GP: "People see we have got someone from Man C, Man U + Valencia and assume we are paying fortunes. They are so wrong it's scary." ‪#bhafc

This. Plus Gibraltor is nearly 4 hours drive from the Portuguese border. An hour either side of Gibraltor is roughly Malaga and Cadiz. I for one bloody hope it's Cadiz as its much closer to where I'm staying in Jerez and have no car so will be relying on the trains!

You're going to struggle with trains. the last train from Cádiz to Jerez is 20:30 and I doubt the match will even have kicked off by this time.

You'll need to organise a cab or bum a lift from someone if any matches are outside Jerez itself, which I would have thought highly likely.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Andy Naylor ‏[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus

GP: "People see we have got someone from Man C, Man U + Valencia and assume we are paying fortunes. They are so wrong it's scary." ‪#bhafc

Part of the smokescreen they've been putting out for 2 years...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It sounds like Leeds are playing silly b*ggers over this - having agreed a deal with Palace they're holding out for more money.

Either that, or McCormack just wants to use Palace as a tool to get a better contract with Leeds.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't believe Leeds would play hardball with a charity focussed club like palace? Hardly seems fair :)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
From Twitter:

Brighton & H Albion ‏[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION]
Walking down the Shoreham 'Rhodes' , to see the Brighton Aces?

What's that all about?!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
From Twitter:

What's that all about?!

Some bloke on Twitter. It doesn't mean anything. You or I could write that at any time.

For what it's worth, I think Poyet is looking in an entirely different direction to someone like Rhodes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From Twitter:

What's that all about?!

Has the BHAFC account been hacked today?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Originally Posted by c0lz

No not a guess, and not sure why the panic with some its only Tuesday.

come on then spill the beans how can you be so confident?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ian Abrahams (Moose @ TALKsport) says "it's not Michael Owen or Jordan Rhodes"

In fairness they are pretty accurate.

........and no, he hasn't said who it might be but from the fact that he is talking at all my guess is something happening is not as far away as Gus had us believe yesterday

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I think I know where you are coming from, and agree that they are all good signings. However, I neither think it is the end, or would be happy if it were. There is open talk of promotion to the Premiership being the target, and we still need a "box to box" strong midfielder and a good quality larger striker to achieve this.

Is a large 'box-to-box' strong midfielder and a larger striker going to be synonymous with the Gus style of play? Spain, Barcelona, Arsenal et al do not have this. It is the way Gus has modelled Brighton to play, with the ball to feet. Not sure adding two strong players would help that cause? Or is it a necessity at Championship level?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is a large 'box-to-box' strong midfielder and a larger striker going to be synonymous with the Gus style of play? Spain, Barcelona, Arsenal et al do not have this. It is the way Gus has modelled Brighton to play, with the ball to feet. Not sure adding two strong players would help that cause? Or is it a necessity at Championship level?

Glenn Murray was a strong, hold-up striker, albeit at League One level, and fitted quite comfortably into the style of play, so I would say with some confidence that a bigger man doesn't necessarily equate to hoof-ball. Unless you're Liverpool of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll call it an educated hunch for now.

600full-the-hunchback-of-notre-dame-photo.jpg

You rang?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here