Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the supporters bar (Dick's Bar) allow children to enter?

Should the supporters bar allow entrance to children?

• Yes

Votes: 84 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 107 56.0%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Agree with that. The club has ridiculously oversold the quality of the concourses during the building process.

It's funny but I went on a tour with Richard Hebbard and we were in the West Stand Lower and he was basically saying how the concourse was the best thing since sliced bread and you could see people looking around thinking "am I missing something" and then this little kid said to his dad too loudly " there's nothing to see, this is boring"

Ive been to all the concourses now and frankly they are disappointing given the spectacular sell the club has given. Possibly the only exception is the West Stand Upper which has a decent view out the back and feels a bit more spacious.

The club need to start to learn to under promise and over deliver on stadium issues like this but it's a minor grumble as it's still bloody fantastic and I can't wait for Saturday.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
It's the damned law.

our country seems to have been selective with which euro laws to introduce,

just about the only good one being,which allowing kids in bars seems to have been dismissed/forgotten about,

but yet many bars do allow kids of all ages before , typically 8pm,

btw the FA ruling about not being able to sip yer sherbert while you can see the pitch is another complete joke

,anyone out there understand the logic in this ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yeh but the shit coffee puts me off too :) ... for wifi emergencies only these days!

And you're worried about kids running!!! You should be more concerned about having your brain fried!!

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The clue is in the word 'bar'. Its there primarily to serve alcoholic beverages. And its small enough as it is. Having stood quietly seething in the queue at the North Stand kiosk at the SSC behind a dad ordering about thirty quids worth of shit for the three kids in his charge, which took about 20 minutes while the Eastern European server went quietly into meltdown, I don't really ever want to repeat the experience. In fact I refuse to. Don't really give a shit about Dick's Bar, or indeed the useless kiosks. If they won't take my money before or after a match, plenty of places in town that will. Club's loss :shrug:

Very rarely do I get the hump with someone and very rarely do I say some thing to offend but you sir are a knob

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is absolute shit frankly. I've just been out with my family to a pub in Worthing. I noticed plenty of children including my two and not one was running around. Children are only little adults not a different animal.

There is no better experience for a dad than taking their child to football and it's not just the match it's the whole event, and that includes mixing with other supporters beforehand.

I've yet to see a single reason yet why children are not allowed on the bar?

This, 100%

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's funny but I went on a tour with Richard Hebbard and we were in the West Stand Lower and he was basically saying how the concourse was the best thing since sliced bread and you could see people looking around thinking "am I missing something" and then this little kid said to his dad too loudly " there's nothing to see, this is boring"

Ice been to all the concourses now and frankly they are disappointing given the spectacular sell the club has given.

Not only is it disappointing, it punches a big hole in the club's business model. We were all supposed to linger at the stadium, have a few leisurely pints then meander down to the station once the crowds had cleared. The reality is that, faced with a stupidly long/slow queue for a pint and a pie (should there by any miracle be any left) there's no incentive to do anything other than get back into town fast as possible. Expect mass scrums at the station and the WSU sneaking out en masse about half four on a Saturday :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It does allow entry at all other times which is appropriate imo, but on matchday with limited capacity and it likely to be chock full I don't think its an appropriate place for children.

If it's an issue of capacity, maybe banning real ale drinkers and their huge water balloon stomachs is a better option? This will free up a lot more space.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If it's an issue of capacity, maybe banning real ale drinkers and their huge water balloon stomachs is a better option? This will free up a lot more space.

You're quite right, banning fatties makes a lot more sense than kids.

And if it's a noise concern ban the women.

You're quite right, banning fatties makes a lot more sense than kids.

And if it's a noise concern ban the women.

And anyone who's disabled; they just get in the way too, never buy a round, always parking on double yellow lines, lie to get a blue badge despite being in the 100m olympic trials and they're all benefit scroungers.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Am I right in recalling there's a minister for children? I wonder what she would say? Who is it, Maggie Philbin or someone?!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be honest, if I was a child I'd LOVE to go to a bar called Dicks. I'd spend all my time repeatedly wispering the name and giggling and sniggering with my friends. What fun.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
I have two ST holding kids, they spend time in pubs and are well behaved and probably drink as many £'s of cola as I do beer. However as the club made the bar to accomodate just 1% of the supporters we shouldn't be debating why the club has stopped kids from entering but rather why has the club stopped 99% of the supporters from entering!

To be honest, I think I'd have wanted to go in for a drink or two before the game but as it's limited to 200 it will be the same 200 each and every game, the same 200 who get there early and the other 22,000 of us will have to go elsewhere.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
It's a supporter's bar, not a supporters play group.

But if they really have to let children in, then perhaps linit it to 10%, say 25 kids max?

I have two ST holding kids, they spend time in pubs and are well behaved and probably drink as many £'s of cola as I do beer. However as the club made the bar to accomodate just 1% of the supporters we shouldn't be debating why the club has stopped kids from entering but rather why has the club stopped 99% of the supporters from entering!

To be honest, I think I'd have wanted to go in for a drink or two before the game but as it's limited to 200 it will be the same 200 each and every game, the same 200 who get there early and the other 22,000 of us will have to go elsewhere.
... such as one of the other bars in the stadium.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
I might start banning people from using NSC. NSC is no longer a place for those who I consider to be stupid. Albion fans need somewhere to discuss matters where there are no stupid people.

Like a bar, no-one has a right to use NSC if the owner so decides.

Fair, isn't it?

Jeez Bozza, you can be so supercilious at times, personally I couldn't give a f*** but with 26 bars
in the stadium, is it that bad to have one without children?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I dont see the problem with letting kids in as long as they behave, After all it is supposed to be falmer for all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here