Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the supporters bar (Dick's Bar) allow children to enter?

Should the supporters bar allow entrance to children?

• Yes

Votes: 84 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 107 56.0%

• Total voters

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How has this thread reached seven pages?....Its against the law, unless there is a garden area. Which there isnt and people go to the pub to get away from the bloody kids, not have them running round your ankles. And yes I am a parent, before anyone asks.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Got to agree with you, I don't understand what's so important and precious about having a beer or two before the game without children present.

I know there's an argument for the capacity issue but 'the ban' definitely spoils the vibe of the stadium being open and accessible to everyone.

Kids are, quite rightly, allowed in the vast majority of the stadium, incuding the concourse bars. So they should be, they are the future of the club.

However, I fail to see why it's such a big deal to have just one place in the ground where they're not allowed so that supporters who want a break from kids can have one.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
When we played Villa away in the Cup, we had a great time in the pub before the game.

I can't remember the name of the pub now but I can remember it was ram-jam packed with Albion fans. It literally took me an hour or so to get served. It was hot, sweaty and beery. It was football-y.

I met several friends there and I was with my heavily pregnant partner. And my 7 year old daughter. [MENTION=5200]Ponce Mohammed Buzzer[/MENTION] had one of his lads there too and I tell you what the kids loved it. LOVED IT. They loved the feel of camaraderie that being part of a partisan football crowd in a pub (bar) is all about. We all know that feeling. They loved handing out some of the ridiculous number of balloons NSC had bought for the day. They probably liked their coke, lemonade or whatever. They largely sat quietly playing games on a handheld device. The men, including the Dads, had a couple of beers (note: didn't get drunk) and talked about football. The Dads loved having their kids with them in that partisan throng.

It's a shame that the law is stopping similar at the Amex.

The law is NOT stopping similar at the Amex, it's stopping it in one bar that only holds 200 people anyway. The concourse bars will also have that atmosphere, and kids are, quite rightly welcome there.

I actually like kids, I chose a profession where I work with them all day, however, I fail to see why some parents think children should be allowed absolutely everywhere. Some people want to be able to go place where there aren't kids around and I really don't see why that should be a problem.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
They're going to have one of these boards with heights marked on like they have on the pier. It'll say 'You must be THIS high to enter Dicks'

Surely this one could be slightly re-worded?

you-must-be-as-tall-as-my-balls-to-ride-4466.jpg

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The law is NOT stopping similar at the Amex, it's stopping it in one bar that only holds 200 people anyway. The concourse bars will also have that atmosphere, and kids are, quite rightly welcome there.

I actually like kids, I chose a profession where I work with them all day, however, I fail to see why some parents think children should be allowed absolutely everywhere. Some people want to be able to go place where there aren't kids around and I really don't see why that should be a problem.

Well said.

I see the NO voters are still winning. There's a lot of mileage left in this yet

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How has this thread reached seven pages?....Its against the law, unless there is a garden area. Which there isnt and people go to the pub to get away from the bloody kids, not have them running round your ankles. And yes I am a parent, before anyone asks.

Rubbish.

The law states that children should be kept away from the bar area - a nominal space around the serving area. Seeing as the vast majority of the room is not within that area, children are welcome to stay should the DPS say so.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

No, it's not the law stopping children in Dick's Bar.

It's the club, but even then, they weren't stopped from entering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here