• No - Casper is doing good for us

Votes: 36 15.3%
  • Don't matter results will still be the same

Votes: 22 9.4%

• Total voters

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I think you will find that you and those who think likewise are actually the minority view.

He is perfectly good enough for us and should see out this season imo however if he is put into a position where morons keep demanding his head due to a personal dislike of a player who has made very few mistakes during his time here or have jumped on the anti-Angergren bandwagon simply because its the in thing to do, i fear we may lose a very good keeper or end up with one whose confidence is shot and therefore less effective than he could and should be.

Lay off the guy, the constant slagging him off does nothing to help Brighton and Hove Albion, and is infact counter productive.

I just don't get the need of a minority of our fans to feel the need to constanly slag off our players and demand they are replaced immediately, even when it isn't possible to do so due to football league rules (transfer windows etc) They obviously don't understand psychology, or that the manager is trying to get the best out of his available players and these sort of ill concieved comments have the opposite effect or just don't understand football.
Blimey! sanity :bowdown: :ascarf:

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I think you will find that you and those who think likewise are actually the minority view.

He is perfectly good enough for us and should see out this season imo however if he is put into a position where morons keep demanding his head due to a personal dislike of a player who has made very few mistakes during his time here or have jumped on the anti-Angergren bandwagon simply because its the in thing to do, i fear we may lose a very good keeper or end up with one whose confidence is shot and therefore less effective than he could and should be.

Lay off the guy, the constant slagging him off does nothing to help Brighton and Hove Albion, and is infact counter productive.

I just don't get the need of a minority of our fans to feel the need to constanly slag off our players and demand they are replaced immediately, even when it isn't possible to do so due to football league rules (transfer windows etc) They obviously don't understand psychology, or that the manager is trying to get the best out of his available players and these sort of ill concieved comments have the opposite effect or just don't understand football.

:facepalm:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can someone please find and post his keeping record since joining us (how many clean sheets, games where we have conceeded 1, 2 3 or more goals and who that was against (inc other factors like if we had 10 men) etc)

I think it will be far better than a lot of fans realise.

I have it at home. Off the top of my head, there were 22 clean sheets out of 45(ish), and this year so far 8 out of 19 clean sheets. I'll post more detail later.

Here's near the end of last season
Stats for the season up to 09.04.11

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Can someone please find and post his keeping record since joining us (how many clean sheets, games where we have conceeded 1, 2 3 or more goals and who that was against (inc other factors like if we had 10 men) etc)

I think it will be far better than a lot of fans realise.

As I have said in the past It dont matter what he has done last season, yes he was amazing, kept loads of goals out, 1 of the key players to our promotion, but league 1 is nothing like the championship and he has proved he is not up the the task, thats the reason why leeds also released him in league 1 as they felt he wasnt up to the task of being in the championship and they were right at the end of the day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I have said in the past It dont matter what he has done last season, yes he was amazing, kept loads of goals out, 1 of the key players to our promotion, but league 1 is nothing like the championship and he has proved he is not up the the task, thats the reason why leeds also released him in league 1 as they felt he wasnt up to the task of being in the championship and they were right at the end of the day.

He was released by Leeds because he was the only keeper out of contract. It's not as if Leeds knew which division they were going to play in until the last couple of games either. If you follow him on Twitter, he has many Leeds supporters following him who send him positive tweets which doesn't sound as though their fans disliked him.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
The likes of Ankergren and Painter came to us in League 1 from clubs in the Championship. They were good enough to be part of a team that won us the league. If they were good enough for Championship football then why did Leeds and Swansea let them go in the first place?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Painter held a regular position until he did his cruciate ligament. He came to us on loan whilst recovering from that injury. It's hard getting back into a successful team after 9 months out. We offered him a contract so he took it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The likes of Ankergren and Painter came to us in League 1 from clubs in the Championship. They were good enough to be part of a team that won us the league. If they were good enough for Championship football then why did Leeds and Swansea let them go in the first place?

Budgets?
Manager had to release 1 player to bring in someone else and that player who was released just happened to be out of contract so it didn't cost the club to pay them off.?
Successful loan spell converted into a perminent move?
Players wanting first team football that the manager couldn't guarentee?
etc ......

And since when has getting someone from the second tier of English football been an excuse to slag off a player as not good enough for us? - just who do you think we are as a club? Manchester United just because we have a new stadium? So would those doubting Painter, Ankergren etc, only have been happy if they were from a Premier League side as opposed to a team from the same division we are in now?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
thats the reason why leeds also released him in league 1 as they felt he wasnt up to the task of being in the championship and they were right at the end of the day.

Talking to Leeds fans after our match with them they said that they preferred Casper A to Schmiecal and wish he was still on their books, but dont let that stop you speaking for them.

I think the player we really need to move on is Brez, as Casper, if not no 1 is definetely a great no 2, whereas Brez really isnt up to this standard.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I voted for the 3rd option. I don't think there would be a hugely significant change in results if we had a different keeper in our price range.

Obvious errors that cause goals are of course frustrating but they happen to every keeper. Probably best for the team to get behind him and keep his confidence up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Talking to Leeds fans after our match with them they said that they preferred Casper A to Schmiecal and wish he was still on their books, but dont let that stop you speaking for them.

I think the player we really need to move on is Brez, as Casper, if not no 1 is definetely a great no 2, whereas Brez really isnt up to this standard.
Completely agree. Bleating for Casper's removal is ridiculous. Brez should go though, as Casper needs meaningful, permanent competition.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

I agree I think casper should be kept here but as no 2, brez and poke IMO have no future at all at the club where as casper would be ok for back up.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Where is your proof that they felt that he couldn't cut it in the Championship?

They released him (for whatever reason - some examples of which i listed in my previous post) but it doesn't mean that they thought he was incapable of playing Championship football for another club does it.

You can't tell me your basis for judging a player is down to the circumstances in which we aquired them or they left their previous club? It sounds to me that you had made up your mind before you saw him play at this level.

He has made a mistake or two (as have all keepers with varying outcomes) but he is a good keeper who is good enough for this division.

Players but in particularly Strikers and Goalkeepers need confidence to perform well, the more pressure and abuse they recieve, the more they doubt themselves and the more likely they are to make mistakes for those doubting them to pounce on as proof. So i ask again, what good does abusing our 1st choice keeper do for Brighton and Hove Albion?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Painter held a regular position until he did his cruciate ligament. He came to us on loan whilst recovering from that injury. It's hard getting back into a successful team after 9 months out. We offered him a contract so he took it.

I'm sure he has played in the Premier League for Birmingham too earlier in his career.

He was good enough to play top flight football, regular Championship football at Swansea before injury but apparently isn't good enough for us? - no, i don't get that either!

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Where is your proof that they felt that he couldn't cut it in the Championship?

They released him (for whatever reason - some examples of which i listed in my previous post) but it doesn't mean that they thought he was incapable of playing Championship football for another club does it.

You can't tell me your basis for judging a player is down to the circumstances in which we aquired them or they left their previous club? It sounds to me that you had made up your mind before you saw him play at this level.

He has made a mistake or two (as have all keepers with varying outcomes) but he is a good keeper who is good enough for this division.

Players but in particularly Strikers and Goalkeepers need confidence to perform well, the more pressure and abuse they recieve, the more they doubt themselves and the more likely they are to make mistakes for those doubting them to pounce on as proof. So i ask again, what good does abusing our 1st choice keeper do for Brighton and Hove Albion?

my proof ? my proof is that he was not offered a new contract with leeds.

Im gunna be honest I believed a fair few of our players would make the step the biggest one being Noone :facepalm: but obvs he has proved me wrong big time !!! but im affraid Casper has not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I would agree with that judging from Leeds fan's tweets to Casper.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He's got his issues ... no question. For me it's about priority and there are other pos's that need filling before looking at GK. In particular we must get someone in who can impose and boss MF .. absolute must imo ... then I think we need a someone up top that CMS can play with/off if we can get those 2 then maybe but only after those 2 and only if we can get someone discernibly better (I'd still be looking for a LB first although it gets marginal then)

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
We do not need a another goalkeeper, we've already got three. Brezovan, Casper and Poke. One mistake and we're on Casper back already?! Were you actually at the game, two crucial saves redeemed himself from that earlier error. The defence and him after that were fantastic, what is worrying me is we look very goal shy up front at the moment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here