Votes: 36 15.3%
  • Don't matter results will still be the same

Votes: 22 9.4%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can someone please find and post his keeping record since joining us (how many clean sheets, games where we have conceeded 1, 2 3 or more goals and who that was against (inc other factors like if we had 10 men) etc)

I think it will be far better than a lot of fans realise.

Last season
Fullseason2010-11.jpg

Fullseason2010-11b.jpg

(Casper played the first 18 minutes of the colchester game conceding the goal, Brezovan came on for the rest of that game and didn't concede - hence the .2 and .8 in their numbers)

This season (Harper's win rate should be 0.20 - noticed a mistake on my spreadsheet I corrected the image, may take photobucket a while to update)
December122011-12.jpg

December122011-12b.jpg

Numbers include league and cup games.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If, and that is a big IF,a goalkeeper of the required calibre became available in January,then yes,sign him up.If not,then let us hang on until the end of the season and not just sign someone in hope!
And yes,the attack does need to be sorted but the above IF applies equally to the attack.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes - Casper needs real competition

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
So Ankergren keeps a clean sheet in 42% of games this season.
Harper keeps a clean sheet in 40% of games this season.

Enough said. If people think Harper is good enough then Casper is as well. LOOK AT THE STATS.

Don't think stats always give the full picture.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So Ankergren keeps a clean sheet in 42% of games this season.
Harper keeps a clean sheet in 40% of games this season.

Enough said. If people think Harper is good enough then Casper is as well. LOOK AT THE STATS.

I'm not sure it's fair to put much stock in Harper's stats, especially win percentages, as it's a % of 5 games, games that were in the middle of a winless run of the team. Even if I'm wrong, and it is fair, standard deviation would probably suggest his 40% isn't actually different to Ankergren's 42. Neither are 'better' based on that stat alone.

More telling for me is comparing Ankergren's stats last year with this. Obviously with a step up in division people shouldn't expect them to improve or even be sustained, but his win rate has only dropped 10%, opponents need to have even more shots on target to score, the spread of goals conceded is the same, he semes to be keeping pretty much the percentage of clean sheets, only one goal in the same percentage etc

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
You have to measure it over the same amount of games or its unfair and pointless, at the end of the day 3/4 of people on here think we need a new goalkeeper so that says it all really.

I hate to correct you but you're wrong...

"3/4 say this so it must be true" is bullshit. The stats are there, he's keeping clean sheets in just under half his games. We're the new boys to the championship, and he's got 40% clean sheets so far. Yeah, it might be unfair to compare last season with this season because of the difference in games played however claiming he needs replacing when he is on course to achieve roughly the same level of performance says to me we're actually good with him. Furthermore 40% of games so far kept clean on its own is an impressive stat, forgetting last season and doesn't indicate we have a keeper issue.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
You have to measure it over the same amount of games or its unfair and pointless, at the end of the day 3/4 of people on here think we need a new goalkeeper so that says it all really.

North Stand Chat Statistics
Members:14,023
Active Members:7,434

Number of members who voted that Gus should buy a new keeper as "Casper is no good in this division" = 161

Hardly close to being anywhere near to being 3/4 of the number of people on here is that?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Don't think stats always give the full picture.

Your right, but the longer the period the truer the reflection of the players performance. Who is to say that if Harper stayed that is figures may have got even worse?

The stats suggest that Casper is fine in goal for us, he has the confidence of the other defenders and its about time our fans get behind him rather than slate him

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Last season
Fullseason2010-11.jpg

Fullseason2010-11b.jpg

(Casper played the first 18 minutes of the colchester game conceding the goal, Brezovan came on for the rest of that game and didn't concede - hence the .2 and .8 in their numbers)

This season (Harper's win rate should be 0.20 - noticed a mistake on my spreadsheet I corrected the image, may take photobucket a while to update)
December122011-12.jpg

December122011-12b.jpg

Numbers include league and cup games.

Cheers for posting those stats Acker :bowdown:

These suggest to me he is doing a good job.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
my proof ? my proof is that he was not offered a new contract with leeds.

So again you are saying that your view is based on what Leeds did. And again where does it say that Leeds thought he was incapable of successfully playing at Championship level for another club?

How about you base it on what he has done here where he has proved to be good enough for Championship football (42% clean sheet record from 19 games, etc) - a far more accurate measure of his ability than basing it on what Leeds did or didn't do.

Im gunna be honest I believed a fair few of our players would make the step the biggest one being Noone :facepalm: but obvs he has proved me wrong big time !!! but im affraid Casper has not.

Not quite sure what your saying here? You thought Noone would be able to make the step up and he proved you wrong big time ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is the DEFINITIVE view:

Casper is a very good No2 and I would be happy to have him as BACK UP anytime. But if we do really mean business then a new keeper in the summer is a PRIORITY.

Casper is at best a lower/midtable Champ keeper - which is where we are at present.

So lets see the season out and see who is available, BUT if one came up in Jan then yes we should go for it.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Respect to you statman!

last season
fullseason2010-11.jpg

fullseason2010-11b.jpg

(casper played the first 18 minutes of the colchester game conceding the goal, brezovan came on for the rest of that game and didn't concede - hence the .2 and .8 in their numbers)

this season (harper's win rate should be 0.20 - noticed a mistake on my spreadsheet i corrected the image, may take photobucket a while to update)
december122011-12.jpg

december122011-12b.jpg

numbers include league and cup games.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
So why did Gus take on Harper?

Albion fans are permitted to not worship each player, and see where weaknesses lie.
there's not worshiping, being realistic and seeing (perceived) weaknesses and then there's constant, thoughtless slagging and seeing only weakness - of which there's a lot on this board, isn't there? We're a newly promoted and relatively inexperienced team doing pretty bloody well. Debate is healthy but it's so much easier to be negative, especially if you're a bit lacking in imagination, grey matter, or a life. That's not meant personally, just a reaction to some of the other lazy crap on here. :kiss: :cheers: :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here