• No - Casper is doing good for us

Votes: 36 15.3%
  • Don't matter results will still be the same

Votes: 22 9.4%

• Total voters

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Where is your proof that they felt that he couldn't cut it in the Championship?

They released him (for whatever reason - some examples of which i listed in my previous post) but it doesn't mean that they thought he was incapable of playing Championship football for another club does it.

You can't tell me your basis for judging a player is down to the circumstances in which we aquired them or they left their previous club? It sounds to me that you had made up your mind before you saw him play at this level.

He has made a mistake or two (as have all keepers with varying outcomes) but he is a good keeper who is good enough for this division.

Players but in particularly Strikers and Goalkeepers need confidence to perform well, the more pressure and abuse they recieve, the more they doubt themselves and the more likely they are to make mistakes for those doubting them to pounce on as proof. So i ask again, what good does abusing our 1st choice keeper do for Brighton and Hove Albion?
nail on head, again :thumbsup: :ascarf:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He's got his issues ... no question. For me it's about priority and there are other pos's that need filling before looking at GK. In particular we must get someone in who can impose and boss MF .. absolute must imo ... then I think we need a someone up top that CMS can play with/off if we can get those 2 then maybe but only after those 2 and only if we can get someone discernibly better (I'd still be looking for a LB first although it gets marginal then)
sense and priorities :thumbsup: :clap2:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Yes.

The Ambrose goal, Millwall's equaliser, M'boro goal on the weekend. I'm pretty sure there are more errors which cost us more from Casper.

If only we could of kept Harper..

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Give him till the end of the season, and the ability him to earn a new contract (as second choice). This will also give us time to identify another solution rather than panic buy.

Like has been said previously, we have more pressing matters.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes.

The Ambrose goal, Millwall's equaliser, M'boro goal on the weekend. I'm pretty sure there are more errors which cost us more from Casper.

Harper conceded 5 goals in 5 games. Ankergren has conceded 2 in 4 since Harper left.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Harper conceded 5 goals in 5 games. Ankergren has conceded 2 in 4 since Harper left.

But you cannot blame Harper for any of the goals he did concede to be fair and he pulled of some world class saves, if we didn't have him between the sticks against Barnsley we probably wouldn't of won that game. Casper has let in some dreadful goals which he only to be blamed for..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But you cannot blame Harper for any of the goals he did concede to be fair and he pulled of some world class saves, if we didn't have him between the sticks against Barnsley we probably wouldn't of won that game. Casper has let in some dreadful goals which he only to be blamed for..

I grant you Middlesbrough but others? Please don't say Millwall because I was right behind the goal and it swerved wickedly at the last minute.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I grant you Middlesbrough but others? Please don't say Millwall because I was right behind the goal and it swerved wickedly at the last minute.

I was behind the goal aswell and he had a lot of time to get his positioning correct and figure out what he wanted to do with the ball. I'm sorry but that was poor IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was behind the goal aswell and he had a lot of time to get his positioning correct and figure out what he wanted to do with the ball. I'm sorry but that was poor IMO.

I'll agree to disagree with you as he went in the right direction and it was a great strike. Ankergren also has 8 clean sheets so far which is no mean feat.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I'll agree to disagree with you as he went in the right direction and it was a great strike. Ankergren also has 8 clean sheets so far which is no mean feat.

Don't get me wrong he isn't the worst keeping in this league but if we have any ambitions of getting to the Premiership any time soon we do need a much stronger keeper between the sticks, preferably with Premiership experience.

At the minute he is obviously the best keeper at the club so until Gus does decide to buy someone who is better I'm more than happy to sing his name and back him, just feel he isn't the best keeper to help us progress to the next level..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Brian Clough always said that Peter Shilton was worth 20 points to any team that he played for.

But Revie stuck with Gary Sprake despite his occasional howlers. It's just that Sprake on his day was his best. But he had bad off-days, or moments. I witnessed a famous one from the terraces behind the goal, we fell about laughing when he went for a high hopeful punt and let it drop between both hands into the goal behind him.

Ankergren wasn't that bad, but that Hammers keeper on Saturday was. Sam must have plastered him right over all the dresing room pegs after that.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
But Revie stuck with Gary Sprake despite his occasional howlers. It's just that Sprake on his day was his best. But he had bad off-days, or moments. I witnessed a famous one from the terraces behind the goal, we fell about laughing when he went for a high hopeful punt and let it drop between both hands into the goal behind him.

Ankergren wasn't that bad, but that Hammers keeper on Saturday was. Sam must have plastered him right over all the dresing room pegs after that.

I presume you meant to say the reserve Southampton keeper?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't get me wrong he isn't the worst keeping in this league but if we have any ambitions of getting to the Premiership any time soon we do need a much stronger keeper between the sticks, preferably with Premiership experience.

At the minute he is obviously the best keeper at the club so until Gus does decide to buy someone who is better I'm more than happy to sing his name and back him, just feel he isn't the best keeper to help us progress to the next level..

I agree with you on that point, as his contract runs out in the summer. I wouldn't renew it unless he was number 2 but the poll is calling for a new keeper next month. I think Casper deserves to see the season out.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I agree with you on that point, as his contract runs out in the summer. I wouldn't renew it unless he was number 2 but the poll is calling for a new keeper next month. I think Casper deserves to see the season out.

It's a tough one really, Gus brought in Harper so I don't see why he won't bring in another keeper. We won't get to the Premiership at the end of the season so I would imagine Gus would sit down at the end of the season which we would do and see where he needs to strengthen to get into the top flight and I could imagine the first place he would look at would be a new keeper. I would see him until the end of the season although I have just contradicted myself and said get a new keeper BUT I think you're right.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I wouldn't get into a punch up arguing it but I reckon Harper was well out of pos for that Nolan goal and there's a decent argument that he cost us the game ... as there also is for Dunk and Bridcutt btw.

Nor am I a big fan of Casper just that I reckon we've bigger priorities

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

Why not he was a fault for Southampton first goal playing the long ball from a goal kick, he didn't really play from the back.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
we're not going up this season
we're not going down this season

gus has a whole season to evaluate which areas he needs to address in the sumnmer........chill people :)

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Kuipers distribution was shocking, shot saving excellent, but his kicking and confidence on the ball to be able to play it out from the back would not fit in nowadays IMO.

I was saying I wanted Michel Vorm, I was saying I wanted another keeper called Michel!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Anks: lets in one goal.
Our attack: Gets one shot on target.

Sort out our attack first...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here