Votes: 36 15.3%
  • Don't matter results will still be the same

Votes: 22 9.4%

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Casper is a very ordinary keeper. I don`t understand all this, 'he played a blinder last week' either. No he didn`t, he made 2 ordinary saves in 90 mins.
Of course Gus is looking at a new keeper, if not in January then definitely in the summer. Why did he bring Harper down here if he had confidence in Casper.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that Gus is more likely to move for a keeper in the summer as he has said the existing squad have done remarkably well to reach the position they have in the division. If we want to improve we need to bring in more quality and the summer will probably be the time to do this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is the Pope a catholic?

Ankergren didn't have one blunder yesterday, he had at least two, only that Middlesborough capitalised on only one of them. He can be a great shot stopper but his overall game is average at best. His distribution is poor and invariably ends up with a punt upfield to concede possession. The question is how much would a better keeper cost?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Is the Pope a catholic?

Ankergren didn't have one blunder yesterday, he had at least two, only that Middlesborough capitalised on only one of them. He can be a great shot stopper but his overall game is average at best. His distribution is poor and invariably ends up with a punt upfield to concede possession. The question is how much would a better keeper cost?

there is a handful of keepers in the prem coming to the end of there careers that IMO could do a great job for the rest of this season and maybe next aswell the likes of,
Almunia - 31 - arsenal, has lots of champions league and prem league expierence done a good job at west ham.
jones - 29 - liverpool, former middleborough gk so expierence in this league and higher.
Kuszuzak - 29 - man u, not played for man u for god know how long so could be a risk.
Harper - 36 - Newcastle, settled up north doubt his mrs would want to move down south.
Sorensen - 35 - stoke, just been pushed out this season with a new keeper so could do a job.
cudicini - 37 - spurs, old but alot of expienece could do well just for this season
jones - 40 - spurs, same as above maybe to old ?

I see none of these impos to get as they are either coming to the end of their game or play very little for there club.

Interesting that e has a blinder last week, but this week he has one howler and guess what, the collective on here thinks he is shit again.

When reading this site, it's a good aide to pick the most positive and ignore them and pick the most negative and ignore all of them and then pick something in he middle......

Completely this.
It's a goalkeeper's curse that the making of one mistake becomes written on his headstone by fans.

YES we need to consider keepers, to maintain a healthy comptition for that position - but not "to replace Casper" every time there's a mistake.

How many England keepers made howlers, ever? All of them. ......well, except Gordon Banks.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Voted 'yes', but I think NO good for us in the division is a bit harsh. Not quite good enough would be nearer the mark, and if we can get someone better, who's available and affordable, we should. Casper as cover, then cut the wage bill by letting Brez and Poke go

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Personally I don't think it will make a great deal of difference - but I'm sure we could get a better keeper that may improve things slightly. We seem to be struggling more at the other end of the pitch at the moment rather than defensively. A striker or someone to supply CMS is far more important imho.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think Casper is being used as a bit of a scapegoat. Yes he had a mare yesterday and conceded a howler, however I don't think he would be getting as much stick if we had got a 1-1 draw, obviously. Take the Saints keeper yesterday, one of the worst keeping performances I have ever had the fortune to see, but smoothed over by the fact that his team are able to score. Casper is always going to be under tremendous pressure in games like these as their is very little chance of us scoring so 1 mistake and we are doomed.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
there is a handful of keepers in the prem coming to the end of there careers that IMO could do a great job for the rest of this season and maybe next aswell the likes of,
Almunia - 31 - arsenal, has lots of champions league and prem league expierence done a good job at west ham.
jones - 29 - liverpool, former middleborough gk so expierence in this league and higher.
Kuszuzak - 29 - man u, not played for man u for god know how long so could be a risk.
Harper - 36 - Newcastle, settled up north doubt his mrs would want to move down south.
Sorensen - 35 - stoke, just been pushed out this season with a new keeper so could do a job.
cudicini - 37 - spurs, old but alot of expienece could do well just for this season

I see none of these impos to get as they are either coming to the end of their game or play very little for there club.

Wishful thinking. I think he has established himself as their No 1 again. The only chance we will see him at the Amex anytime soon is if we meet Stoke in the FA cup for the second year running.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

As a permenant signing he is the only one I would go for from that list some of the others would be ok on loan as a stop gap but are they better and make less mistakes than Casper certainly not in Almunia case. Who is this Jones 40 year old at Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here