Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shall we just write this season off now then?

Zeke Rowe's shoes

Oct 21, 2008
Bath
I'm an Adams man myself, though I do enjoy a pint of Badgers. Regardless, I have to say I was sorry for DW but on balance supported the board's decision to bring back MA as I believe he's going to be the better manager in the long term. Is it an acceptable argument for the pro-Adams brigade to say give him time though, when he took over a top 7 side which didn't flirt with relegation last season? I'm thinking of when Peter Taylor replaced Adams and we continued to keep up the good performances despite a change in managers.

i agree we've gotta give MA time.... night night NSC :p

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
No, thats like me saying Spurs are already relagated:jester:

Stumpy Tim

I've been very critical of Thicky Adams, but tonight he got the team right & it was a good result. 5 in midfield with 3 tenacious central midfielders not giving them any space. That's how we used to play under Adams, though of course we had Zamora up-front.

Adams is still the wrong man for the Albion in my opinion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oops. Sorry Chris, its LATE, and I was only half concentrating while watching the highlights of Arsenal STUFF Ferne.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Yeah it was taylor after adams and we got promoted with apart form one or two with adams team. Talylor was a bloody good manager though for brighton , he just left as he knew it would impossible to keep brighton in the championship

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yeah it was taylor after adams and we got promoted with apart form one or two with adams team. Talylor was a bloody good manager though for brighton , he just left as he knew it would impossible to keep brighton in the championship

Indeed, he was probably wrong though. If Coppell had the whole season he would have done it.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Indeed, he was probably wrong though. If Coppell had the whole season he would have done it.

Yeah true Coppell was good for us probaly the only manager who could get on with leon knight.

You have to give it to Dick Knight the the quality of manager he can attract to the club is incredible.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yeah true Coppell was good for us probaly the only manager who could get on with leon knight.

You have to give it to Dick Knight the the quality of manager he can attract to the club is incredible.

We have had some top quality managers. Shame Wilkins was given the job after McGhee got sacked really, thought there were better options available.

I'm not sure Coppell really had enough time to fall out with Knight, McGhee and Knight seemed ok until McGhee started moving him around as he wasn't effective enough in the Championship.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
We have had some top quality managers. Shame Wilkins was given the job after McGhee got sacked really, thought there were better options available.

I'm not sure Coppell really had enough time to fall out with Knight, McGhee and Knight seemed ok until McGhee started moving him around as he wasn't effective enough in the Championship.

Yeah totally agree i feel this "we finished seventh in the league last season" is effecting this. At the end of the day it was an achievement to finish seventh but we were so far from the teams in the playoffs in class. I feel that this year there are alot of strong teams. I am not saying that there was not last but i feel the teams that have come up from league two are strong and the teams that have come down.

At the end of the day wilkins got sacked for reason we dont know but i trust Knight that it was the right decsion.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Clean sheet away from home at Peterborough, not a bad result if you ask me.

As for writing the season off, hell no of course I haven't, but then I've never really assumed promotion this year anyway (unlike some by the sounds of it). I see this year as building the team, much like the 1999/2000 season where we didn't start great but put together a good unbeaten run by the end.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Precisely. Winning a point doesn't really prove anything or suggest in anyway we have turned a corner. If you go to a game and stick 11 men behind the ball a 0-0 isn't a particularly impressive result. Look at Hereford - they managed it against us and they are SHIT.

If we were sitting in 9th or 10th I'd say "fair play, good result, good clean sheet, well done Micky" but we are now so far behind in the running (remember we have had a very very easy start to the season fixture-wise and have some very very tough fixtures coming up) that I'm really disappointed about it, and actually think the season is all but over.

Shit who just beat Carlisle. Maybe the philsosphy is to grind out results to breed confidnece to play more confidently to get better results.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Yesterday was a good result, we looked quite attacking at times, but never had a shot. I thought we would get thrashed

Peterborough are all about pace and movement, and were all over us, creating a few chances. As a unit at the back, we couldnt cope with their movement, but as individuals we had some heroic performances.

There goal should not have been disllowed, and Virgo at the back isnt as solid as I thought he would be, needs to be rested.

I know its only October, but SEVEN draws already isnt good enough. We havent won since August, and not winning against Leicester will take us to 10 games without a win. Which is truly awful form, and I dont think even Wilkins/McGhee managed that.

People say its early, but a quarter of the season has already gone, and we have played lots of teams in the bottom half which concerns me somewhat, as we have only beaten Crewe who sit bottom

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Truffles right. What the f*** happened to the Albion fans l used to know.
Where's the spirit?
Where's the guts?
This could be the greatest season of our lives...
but you're gonna let it be the worst.

Well kiss my arse from now on.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Truffles right. What the f*** happened to the Albion fans l used to know.
Where's the spirit?
Where's the guts?
This could be the greatest season of our lives...
but you're gonna let it be the worst.

Well kiss my arse from now on.

What this situation calls for is a really futile and stupid gesture.

And we're just the guys to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here