Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shall we just write this season off now then?

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
0-0. In dire dire dire desperate need of a win. So Micky Adams brings on a Livermore (a defensive midfielder) for McLeod (our best attacking outlet). f***ing pathetic.

Tear up your season tickets, we clearly have no interest whatsoever in going up this season. f***ing pathetic.

:bla:Your the one's that's pathetic you wrong'un, i would of happily taken a draw before the game against a high scoring team... but no you've got fans that want Brighton to play like Arsenal get real :rant:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Seems a bit harsh. Would you rather we had chucked on another striker and ended up losing after holding one of the play-off contenders at home for 80-odd minutes?

No, I'd rather we brought on Thornton for McLeod to give us a creative outlet. Its hardly as if that would have been gung-ho as it still would have been a 4-5-1 formation. Why the HELL was Thornton not starting anyway?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
What, under the cosh the whole time? McLeod coming off fair enough, but why not bring on Thornton to give us a chance to actually chance WIN a game? Rather than clinging on for dear life against mighty PETERBOROUGH.

Peterborough are a very good side who, I am sure. will be in the play-offs at the end of the season.

Even if we played to our full potential, I thought the home win was a banker tonight, so we did very well to get a draw and not concede.

I think it was an excellent result.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Peterborough are a very good side who, I am sure. will be in the play-offs at the end of the season.

Even if we played to our full potential, I thought the home win was a banker tonight, so we did very well to get a draw and not concede.

I think it was an excellent result.

Shouldn't we be play off contenders though? What's happened to us? Whats happened to our season? Why are we so delighted to cling on for dear life against a team in 8th place? Successful teams don't think like that - they go out to win every game. I'm just so disappointed that we sacked a manager who finished seventh and we now have a guy pleased to play for a draw despite only two wins all season.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. I think what just f***ed me off was the moron commentator making out it was the greatest result in our history. Christ sake its just a draw at Peterborough. I want to see us climbing the table and we won't do that with draws.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. I think what just f***ed me off was the moron commentator making out it was the greatest result in our history. Christ sake its just a draw at Peterborough. I want to see us climbing the table and we won't do that with draws.

It would have been a good result if we had beaten Hereford and Cheltenham. As it is, a point doesn't do much to dispel the gloom.

Zeke Rowe's shoes

Oct 21, 2008
Bath
0-0 with Herefart was more disappointing than this. Peterborough are a dangerous side so I'm glad we are starting to keep clean sheets even when a side has an attacking force.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
0-0. In dire dire dire desperate need of a win. So Micky Adams brings on a Livermore (a defensive midfielder) for McLeod (our best attacking outlet). f***ing pathetic.

Tear up your season tickets, we clearly have no interest whatsoever in going up this season. f***ing pathetic.

Are you on the blob?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Or last minute defeats. Think of the positives have we found our true back 4. If they do not score we have to only score 1 goal to win, as per George Grahams Arsenal.

If only.....

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Let me take a wild guess here.

You're an impatient spoilt little 12 year old, who regularly spits out his dummy.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Shouldn't we be play off contenders though? What's happened to us? Whats happened to our season? Why are we so delighted to cling on for dear life against a team in 8th place? Successful teams don't think like that - they go out to win every game. I'm just so disappointed that we sacked a manager who finished seventh and we now have a guy pleased to play for a draw despite only two wins all season.

I'm pissed off as much as you are boring football, shocking results, ruining are best defensive partnership in years by not playing Lynch, this will probably be a transition season they have a good go next year. However we could be competing for the play-offs if a certain Wilkins wasn't sacked but who knows

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
It would have been a good result if we had beaten Hereford and Cheltenham. As it is, a point doesn't do much to dispel the gloom.

Precisely. Winning a point doesn't really prove anything or suggest in anyway we have turned a corner. If you go to a game and stick 11 men behind the ball a 0-0 isn't a particularly impressive result. Look at Hereford - they managed it against us and they are SHIT.

If we were sitting in 9th or 10th I'd say "fair play, good result, good clean sheet, well done Micky" but we are now so far behind in the running (remember we have had a very very easy start to the season fixture-wise and have some very very tough fixtures coming up) that I'm really disappointed about it, and actually think the season is all but over.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just on way back now can confirm it was pretty dire!!!

How we didn't concede at the end I will never know -- we might as well have played 11 on the line in the last 5 minutes

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Successful teams DO think like that if the circumstances demand it and I doubt if Wilkins would have done any different against a team who, I believe, are better than us even if we played at our best.

They have had good money put in and will probably be able to buy even better players in January. Don't dismiss them to belittle what we have done tonight.

Would you rather we go gung-ho to attack against a team like that and lose 4-2?

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Or last minute defeats. Think of the positives have we found our true back 4. If they do not score we have to only score 1 goal to win, as per George Grahams Arsenal.

To be fair, not sure on that, Of late Hawkins has been awful, I don't think that was down to Whing, lack of fitness maybe after the op. I would not suggest we have found the rear gaurd just yet.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I kind of agree with the thread starter.

A draw at Peterborough is a terrific result but at the same time we aren't beating Hereford at home, Cheltenham at home. So if we are to drop points at home to them, then we need to win the big games away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here