Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shall we just write this season off now then?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I would rather get dull 0 - 0 draws or 1 - 0 wins than lose 4 -3 every game. With games like this you need to be solid first and formemost flair and goals come when you can defend properly and not conceed goals.

I don't think you are ever going to convince the whingers BG.

I came on here tonight becuase I was really pleased at getting a draw when I thought we would get stuffed.

Now I find that it was a dreadful result, and we should throw our season tickets away, because we would have won it if we'd brought Thornton in for the last 10 minutes even though we were under the cosh. So simple, isn't it?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I don't think you are ever going to convince the whingers BG.

I came on here tonight becuase I was really pleased at getting a draw when I thought we would get stuffed.

Now I find that it was a dreadful result, and we should throw our season tickets away, because we would have won it if we'd brought Thornton in for the last 10 minutes even though we were under the cosh. So simple, isn't it?

I've already admitted my first post was BOLLOCKS. We still should have brought Thornton on for McLeod though.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Based on last season you could argue that we should be play-off contenders, but the standard in League 1 last season was FAR lower and we probably could/should have finished much higher.

I've no doubt that Adams can emulate the success of his last tenure with Albion, but that was by no means overnight success and it looks like we're just going to have to be patient again. Tonight's result is certainly more positive than a 0-0 at home to the division's bottom club, so you could say we're moving in the right direction.

I love you, Sam. :)

:kiss:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
And I really wanted to go to bed with Eva Longoria tonight, but instead have to settle for the missus.

C'est la vie (innit). :)

Eva's with me anyway, Safeway. Mind you I've left her gagging for it while I argue with Chesney Christ on NSC. A man has to get his priorities right!

If someone said to you now that we would finish 2nd this season in League One (but part of the deal would be that we would be 12 points clear at some point) would you not take it then?

Yes, but then you can't really compare the two as second place in League 1 would still mean automatic promotion.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It does seem slightly odd that we brought on Thornton in stoppage time for Savage having earlier brought Livermore on for McLeod. Could've been time wasting I suppose.

Decent result anyway.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The individual who started this thread is a moron. This result was a good one, backs to the wall or not.

I said never... yes... what I meant was... well hardly ever ;)

We will win on Saturday, cus I'll be there.

Kosh

tobemeister6

Jan 15, 2008
Stratford, London
lord almighty where any of u actually at the game tonight?? considering the particularly poor showing we had at elland road a 10 days ago i think there was a massive improvement tonight, we were solid at the back and mcleod was massively influential was just a shame he ran out of steam and went off, there are far more positives to take from the game than negatives tonite, in my opinion had nicky forster been out there tonite we may well have nicked it, im far more optimistic havin watched that then i was after leeds

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
At the beginning of the season, we'd have been happy with a point away. It's the terrible home form that's killing us.

Er, have a just stated the obvious?:bigwave:

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
The season being over with 34 more league games to go:laugh: and with a good progression in cup competitions

Personally i think it was a good result as there last league game they beat leeds 2-0 and won 5 home games at home this season.

I cant understand the comment about "if we had wilkins in charge we would of gone for the game" was anyone at Leeds and Nottingham forest last year were we were holding on for 90 mins.

The players are definelty low on confidence due to results of late and may i add people booing them off the field probaly does not help..

I feel this is a good result as they are a free scoring team and we did well to keep them out

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
What bollocks. The point was that attacking football had got him into 1st place in the err.. first place.

Attacking football got them to a position where they looked as if they were going to acheive something, and then proceeded to achieve f*** all. For us that would be compareable to getting to 6th and f***ing up. IMO like.

Zeke Rowe's shoes

Oct 21, 2008
Bath
I can understand why the wilkins-in adams out brigade are pretty miffed. We do seem to have gone backwards and our league position is bitterly disappointing... I think we will gel and get better but there was little need to sack deano. they say never go back... but we have and we need to get on with it. what i want is a bit more passion from mickey - he seems fairly content with our position. we could well lose to a much improved derby and then the season would be looking a bleak.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'm an Adams man myself, though I do enjoy a pint of Badgers. Regardless, I have to say I was sorry for DW but on balance supported the board's decision to bring back MA as I believe he's going to be the better manager in the long term. Is it an acceptable argument for the pro-Adams brigade to say give him time though, when he took over a top 7 side which didn't flirt with relegation last season? I'm thinking of when Peter Taylor replaced Adams and we continued to keep up the good performances despite a change in managers.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
As my name suggests 30 points by Christmas and we are back in track:clap2:

Bit too much of an ask possibly though considering fixtures ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here