Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shall we just write this season off now then?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I would say this is fairly obvious Brett. Bar Michel's wonder save at the end, what else did they test him with? Ok, they did most of the attacking, especially in the first half, but I don't recall Michel being called into serious action. So, on that basis, I would say Peterborough didn't really deserve to score.

Kuipers didnt have much to do because the defenders were putting in some last ditch challenges and blocks in, the best one being Elphick's.

I think we were a bit lucky in that despite all Peterboroughs dominance and movement they had an off day. It was a little like us against Walsall, but them attacking us.

I dont know why their goal was disallowed either, but the ref blew before their guy headed it in. Looked like a soft decision, but we need a bit of luck if we are going to turn things around

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Peterborough were trying to walk the ball into the net really, especially in the first half. There were plenty of occasions where a good old fasioned WHACK would have caused us problems, but they always wanted to try another pass/flick. For me, unless a team actually works a goalkeeper more than once in a match they don't deserve to score. Plus, in the second half, we could EASILY have scored. I honestly felt a draw was fair last night, and that we played quite well to get it.

As for the disallowed goal, it was because their chap had his arms all over our defender. You could argue it was a bit harsh, although probably not, but that's definitely what it was for.

I agree a draw was a fair result, maybe they didnt deserve to score, but certainly dominated us. Kuipers made that save at the death and one from distanace which he parried, so I see where you are coming from.

I dont see where we could have easily scored yesterday. I dont even remember us having a shot on target.

Our problem is that Murray is now doing a lot of grafting, but not getting the support. He was upfront alone, had to win the ball, hold it up, and his only options where to pass it back to one of 3 holding midfielders. Maybe a reason for our lack of chances

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I thought its was a good point. Clean sheet. Im happy with the result.

I was pleased with the result too!

Peterborough have spent alot and just come up, don't forget we had back-to-back championships.

Chesney your comments about ripping up season tickets, do you have one?

If we could start winning our home games our position would look TOTALLY different. Although the next one is against Leceister so I am not holding my breathe there! :D

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The Peterborough goal was disallowed for a shove on Virgo I think. Had a really good view of it near the front on the left hand side of the goal.

We rode our luck at times but I said on the way up I would take a 0-0. Another point on Saturday and that would be 2 more points than I expected in these 2 games.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought that was Maurice Gibb.

Who was heir to the Gibbs toothpaste millions, hence why him and his brothers wore those ridiculously huge false teeth to advertise their families product`s tooth whitening properties. Sadly he choked on a set in Jan 2003 whilst whistling one of his most famous tunes - Stayin Alive.
Both his brothers swore that they would never smile again in public following Maurice`s tragic demise.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
As we have already lost too many points to get us to the playoffs the least we need is entertainment,last nights point was good against a team that is likely to gain promotion and the best we can hope for in view of our shortage of strikers, I read we only had one shot on target

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Anyinsah missed a free header from about 4 yards right in front of us. Had that been Glenn, it was GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. In fact, it should have been a goal anyway. Hell I'd have fancied my chances from there!

Your second bit, I totally agree with. This 4-3-3 business does give us three defensive central midfielders which helps away from home, but it does leave Glenn totally isolated. Had he had a proper partner last night I think we would have scored. He was SUPERB last night - excellent control and awareness - but noone can be expected to be a threat when they're being fed high balls 30 yards from goal with no other albion player even close.

Fully agree although in terms of the midfield at least Thomson was trying to get forward. THought he had a good game last night actually.

As we have already lost too many points to get us to the playoffs the least we need is entertainment,last nights point was good against a team that is likely to gain promotion and the best we can hope for in view of our shortage of strikers, I read we only had one shot on target

It's only October!! We can still make the play offs. Ok it will be hard but no way is it over yet! Thought last night was very entertaining. Miles better than the 0-0 draw with Hereford.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tear up your season tickets, we clearly have no interest whatsoever in going up this season. f***ing pathetic.

Bloke in the row in front of me in H Block was so disgusted after the Cheltenham game that he nailed his season ticket to a post at Withdean. When he'd calmed down a bit, he had second thoughts and went back to retrieve it. Only to find that some bugger had nicked the nail.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
What's all this, "we can't make the play-offs?" How do you know, can you see into the future? Do you somehow know where we will end up at the end of the season? Bloody good talent that is.

It's October there's sooo much time to get around or in the play-offs. I've said it before and no doubt I will say it again, last year we were 17th at Christmas (which, yes, is December, 2 months after this current month) and we finished 7th!! Take each game as it comes and stop with the doom and gloom morons.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
The first post is rather familiar to my efforts after the Hereford game :D

Fair enough, a draw at Peterborough doesn't sound too good, but based on our position at the minute it can only be a good thing. Now on to Hartlepool on Saturday.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The fact we have lost fewer games than almost anyone outside the top 7 and only one more than the league leaders shows we are not easy to beat.

Just need to turn some of these draws into wins which means stopping cheap goals being leaked and having a bit more ambition going forward at home.

Is the season a write off, not in my opinion there is a long way to go and as we showed last season in this league a run of good results after xmas and anything can happen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here