Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shall we just write this season off now then?

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
Write this season off?
Detected.

What a pile of bollocks.
Record so far:
Won 5
Drawn 8
Lost 3

THREE defeats in 16 matches

Oh ye of little faith!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Write this season off?
Detected.

What a pile of bollocks.
Record so far:
Won 5
Drawn 8
Lost 3

THREE defeats in 16 matches

Oh ye of little faith!!!

LEAGUE record;

Won 2
Drawn 7
Lost 3

TWO wins, in 12 matches.

And if I wanted to be REALLY churlish, two of the cup matches were draws too.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I know its only October, but SEVEN draws already isnt good enough. We havent won since August, and not winning against Leicester will take us to 10 games without a win. Which is truly awful form, and I dont think even Wilkins/McGhee managed that.

It will be 11 as don't forget we have Hartlepool on saturday!

If we don't get 3 points at the chimp chokers than i'm starting to worry where our next victory will come from as after Leicester its Millwall and them two are both in the top 3.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It will be 11 as don't forget we have Hartlepool on saturday!

If we don't get 3 points at the chimp chokers than i'm starting to worry where our next victory will come from as after Leicester its Millwall and them two are both in the top 3.

Think positive as we play better against the top teams

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I am beginning to resign myself to thinking a top 10 finish (not in the play off spots) is a good achievement. It is not an improvement on last season, but is kind of success.

We have a 7 point gap to make up with the teams in the play offs already. The nest 4/5 weeks is hard to see where we will get points from, but those games are against teams up there already, so wins against them will close the gap

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
What?? Before the game everyone was predicting 3-0, 3-1, 4-2 to Peterborough. We go up there and come away with a well fought point and a clean sheet. Absolutely no pleasing.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Even if we where top of the league, people would still moan.
Be happy we are not bottom of the league, about to go out of business and lose our ground.
Be happy we have a new stadium on the horizin, and Just be bloody patient.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I look at it like this. The more we get beat and draw, the less likely it'll be that we win.. THAT means that when we do win, it'll feel even better than it normally does!.. Simple really

What?? Before the game everyone was predicting 3-0, 3-1, 4-2 to Peterborough. We go up there and come away with a well fought point and a clean sheet. Absolutely no pleasing.

No I was not and do you really think that was a good showing last night?

Apart from 10-15 minutes during the second half, did we EVER seek to take the initiative?
What is likely to happen (and did) if your right back is regularly out of position?
What did McLeod's play during the early part of the second half show about Peterborough's weaknesses and how did we seek to exploit those during the rest of the game, particularly after his substitution?
What lessons should we have already learnt this season from defending too deep as half/full-time approaches and how did we apply those "learnings" in the last 10 minutes yesterday?
If your only forward does not have the beating of his defender in the air but you need to retain some possession to help kill off the game then where shouldn't you pass to him?

It's not a question of being unpleased and it was a hard earned point. However, we seem to consistently make elimentary errors in both our set-up and play that even a former rugby coach (like me) can spot. Have you got any thoughts on why this might be?

Apart from 10-15 minutes during the second half, did we EVER seek to take the initiative?
What is likely to happen (and did) if your right back is regularly out of position?
What did McLeod's play during the early part of the second half show about Peterborough's weaknesses and how did we seek to exploit those during the rest of the game, particularly after his substitution?
What lessons should we have already learnt this season from defending too deep as half/full-time approaches and how did we apply those "learnings" in the last 10 minutes yesterday?
If your only forward does not have the beating of his defender in the air but you need to retain some possession to help kill off the game then where shouldn't you pass to him?

It's not a question of being unpleased and it was a hard earned point. However, we seem to consistently make elimentary errors in both our set-up and play that even a former rugby coach (like me) can spot. Have you got any thoughts on why this might be?

One of the most astute posters on this board.

No attention seeking - no drivel - no ranting - just sensible observations that many can't see (including the management)

:clap::clap::clap:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well, they wouldn't really.
Oooh some still would I'm afraid. I remember when Adams was here last time when we won back-to-back Championships, there were still posts on here moaning that we didn't win 'well' enough - and that's ignoring the tossers such as FG and Kurt Angle (old NSC posters) for whom everything the club did was wrong. And if we lost ...

EDIT: Also last season people weren't happy when we won. I remember when we beat Southend at home with a goal in the last minute. There were STILL people on here moaning that, yeah, ok, we won but for 70 minutes we were shit; as if we can play like Arsenal for 90 minutes every week. Never underestimate the capacity of Brighton fans to whinge.

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

As you said to me at full time, we were too deep, but that is always going to happen when we have a back 4 who rarley push up, especially the full backs, and a midfield of Savage, El Abd and Thomson.

All 3 of those like to sit infront of the defence and thats exactly what they did. It invited Peterborough to just keep on attacking us. According to the Argus we had more shots on goal than they did, but I dont remember that.

We pretty much put everyone behind the ball, like Hereford, and tried to get a 0-0, which we did. These tactics are fine away from home against the better teams like Peterborough, but we seem to play like that every game, home or away.

Boyd is the best player I have seen this season, and I thought Virgo at the back we would at last see the best of him. But with Virgo playing so badly and Boyd playing so well, we were carved open a few times and I honeslty dont know how we didnt conceed.

No idea why there goal was disallowed, but I thought they were going to get a penalty when they had a corner and Virgo had more than a handful of their number 4's shirt.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I would say this is fairly obvious Brett. Bar Michel's wonder save at the end, what else did they test him with? Ok, they did most of the attacking, especially in the first half, but I don't recall Michel being called into serious action. So, on that basis, I would say Peterborough didn't really deserve to score.

We got lucky with our defending. They must have put a thousand crosses in. Nine times out of ten we would have lost playing like that last night. Not moaning, but it could easily have been three or four.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here