Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shall we just write this season off now then?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What a great result. I`m really exited again about our prospects. 2 nil nils hurrah.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that most managers in football would have done the same and hung on to what they had fought for against a very good team. Only possibly Kevin Keegan would have ordered all out attack and we all know what happened to his philosophy of the game.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I think that most managers in football would have done the same and hung on to what they had fought for against a very good team. Only possibly Kevin Keegan would have ordered all out attack and we all know what happened to his philosophy of the game.

Spot on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To be fair, not sure on that, Of late Hawkins has been awful, I don't think that was down to Whing, lack of fitness maybe after the op. I would not suggest we have found the rear gaurd just yet.

I have been saying all season that Whing, on current form, is the weakness in the defence, as him and Elphick do not offer cover to each other.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
What a shit thread, Peterborough are a GOOD side - comfortably better than us considering how low in confidence we are. If ANYONE before this game wouldn't have been happy with a nil nil away at a side who have scored in every home game this season are MAD - considering how shite we have been. Its f***ing October for gods sake, its not as if the season is won and lost then.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
An away point, and keeping a clean sheet, against a side that could have been in the playoffs tonight, doesn't seem bad, spectacle or not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You don't go to a top team and go for a win in the last ten minutes when you are a couple of points off the drop zone and concede very late goals in as many games as we have. Dull it may be but a good result imo.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I kind of agree with the thread starter.

A draw at Peterborough is a terrific result but at the same time we aren't beating Hereford at home, Cheltenham at home. So if we are to drop points at home to them, then we need to win the big games away.

Nail on head.

The big argument before the game was "well, we're better against the better teams" or "we'll do better because we're playing a team that will attack us".

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

What?? Newcastle finished 2nd in the Premiership because of Keegan's "naive" attacking football. When he initially took over they were bottom of Division One.

Shouldn't we be play off contenders though?......................we sacked a manager who finished seventh and we now have a guy pleased to play for a draw despite only two wins all season.

Based on last season you could argue that we should be play-off contenders, but the standard in League 1 last season was FAR lower and we probably could/should have finished much higher.

I've no doubt that Adams can emulate the success of his last tenure with Albion, but that was by no means overnight success and it looks like we're just going to have to be patient again. Tonight's result is certainly more positive than a 0-0 at home to the division's bottom club, so you could say we're moving in the right direction.

I love you, Sam. :)

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Well if we build on it then yes it is a point gained. But just like Northampton away, everyone said it was a point to build on then we go on and draw at home to Hereford and Cheltenham.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well if we build on it then yes it is a point gained. But just like Northampton away, everyone said it was a point to build on then we go on and draw at home to Hereford and Cheltenham.

Let's wait and see the, shall we, rather that slashing our wrists tonight?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What?? Newcastle finished 2nd in the Premiership because of Keegan's "naive" attacking football. When he initially took over they were bottom of Division One.

With a little savvy they would and should have won it.

When he took over, the last game of the season was either us or Newcastle to be relegated they won at Leicester, I think it was, and we lost at Ipswich. That was when John Hall invested in Newcastle and was the first of the money men to put large amounts of money into a club to try to get success. What has Keegan done since that season? He still cannot teach a team to defend in the way that George Graham and Don Howe could.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm hoping we turn it around as much as everyone else. Just felt like we were going to knick an away win to really kick start the season that's all

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would rather get dull 0 - 0 draws or 1 - 0 wins than lose 4 -3 every game. With games like this you need to be solid first and formemost flair and goals come when you can defend properly and not conceed goals.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Tonight's result was a good result.

I just really really wanted a win to get the season going because I've been so desperately disappointed with what we've been served up so far. A 0-0 draw doesn't fill me with any further hope because it doesn't really prove an awful lot other than that we can stick 11 men behind a ball for 90 minutes if necessary.

My first post was possibly a load of old bollocks though. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here