Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serbia v England U21 - racism and stuff [Merged]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If the chants were going on before the goal then I'm disappointed with psycho. This shit has been going on long enough and someone should have the balls to stand up to it.

He should have taken the team off the pitch and forced them to abandon the match. Then see what the twats at UEFA and FIFA do. Award the points against us for backing the 'kick out racism' campaign ?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
No surprise, but there's some crushing stupidity on this thread.

If someone cannot tell the difference between

A) Us being mocked for being "gay" or Wayne Bridge getting stick for off-field incidents (although admittedly probably quite hurtful for the lad)

and

B) A black man getting MONKEY chants

.... then they are so pitifully stupid and uneducated that you may as well argue with a blind Spanish caterpillar about quantim physics. Don't waste your time.

Thus, these people should be ignored and pitied, and I would suggest that you don't respond to their "trolling", which would sidetrack an otherwise interesting debate.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the chants were going on before the goal then I'm disappointed with psycho. This shit has been going on long enough and someone should have the balls to stand up to it.

He should have taken the team off the pitch and forced them to abandon the match. Then see what the twats at UEFA and FIFA do. Award the points against us for backing the 'kick out racism' campaign ?

If the England team had left the pitch the result would have been recorded as a 3-0 victory to Serbia , a £250k fine from EUFA and Sepp Blatter recommending England's expulsion as a FIFA associate member.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
No surprise, but there's some crushing stupidity on this thread.

If someone cannot tell the difference between

A) Us being mocked for being "gay" or Wayne Bridge getting stick for off-field incidents (although admittedly probably quite hurtful for the lad)

and

B) A black man getting MONKEY chants

.... then they are so pitifully stupid and uneducated that you may as well argue with a blind Spanish caterpillar about quantim physics. Don't waste your time.

Thus, these people should be ignored and pitied, and I would suggest that you don't respond to their "trolling", which would sidetrack an otherwise interesting debate.

Is correct - I'm not one to defend homophobic chanting, but trying to compare "does your boyfriend know you're here?" with monkey chants is way off the mark.... I was going to expand, but realise I've already given the troll a titbit, so will stop there....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They were fighting with Croats, were they not?

....and the Croats were just Nazis who spoke another language in the second WW... so you see that extremism in the various Balkan states is a way of life,.. left or right of the centre ground.... corrupt and criminal.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not sure that you can appeal yellow cards?

It was a yellow, then a red. It wouldnt be appealing the yellow though, it would be appealing the ban - which if UEFA is truly racism they will remove/drop it to the previous 1 yellow card.

Its clear racism so punishment must be taken, trouble is - this is an U21 match so UEFA will probably treat it as such and just punish them - rather than Serbian football itself. You also need to look at the missiles being thrown at the players and the Serbian officials attacking England staff - that will also surely result in a hefty punishment.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Everybody knows what's going to happen....

Serbia will get a slap on the wrist, a £20,000 fine and 5 matches behind closed doors

Ad England will get a £100,000 fine for not controlling their players

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The referee only applied the laws of the game , Rose got the 2nd yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct. There will now be an appeal to have the 2nd yellow card rescinded which is following the correct procedure.

actually that is the best thing that could have happened, because no doubt the England set up will appeal it and present evidence that FIFA will have to look at, basically that there was racial abuse and he was provoked.

Be interesting to see how Blatter anmd Platini get out of this one

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
plus what about the incessant throwing of stones on the pitch by the Serbian fans.
Bet that gets brushed under the carpet.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Then see what the twats at UEFA and FIFA do. Award the points against us for backing the 'kick out racism' campaign ?

They'll never do that.

It wasn't a group game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
actually that is the best thing that could have happened, because no doubt the England set up will appeal it and present evidence that FIFA will have to look at, basically that there was racial abuse and he was provoked.

Be interesting to see how Blatter anmd Platini get out of this one

Will they use the "just a bit of banter" excuse ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
astounding
in the words of our Kenny Everett
bomb the bastards

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Look , i am not racist and i deplore , like anyone else what happened , but you imagine NSC if it was around 35 years ago , nobody would utter one word about it , we were just as bad even worse the longer our history went back . Not sure if they watch other European football but black people are pretty new to them , hardly any in their country or Croatia or other contries around these areas , yes they are sad at what they did but don't forget Britain was a lot worse , remember the Brixton riots ? probably not ! BUT THEY WILL LEARN , but unfortuantely it won't be overnight like people on here think should or will happen, it will take years.

Croatia v Serbia should be interesting in March next year ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
....and the Croats were just Nazis who spoke another language in the second WW... so you see that extremism in the various Balkan states is a way of life,.. left or right of the centre ground.... corrupt and criminal.

Hang on a minute, let's get our history correct here. Croatia in WW2 was split between the Ustashi Nazi sympathisers and Tito's Communist sympathiser Partisans. The Partisan resistance grew in strength until the Ustashi were eventually overthrown before the end of the war.

Croatia in WW2 was basically a civil war and more Croats were killed by other Croats than by Axis forces. My grandfather was one of those killed, though f*** knows which side he was on.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Look , i am not racist and i deplore , like anyone else what happened , but you imagine NSC if it was around 35 years ago , nobody would utter one word about it , we were just as bad even worse the longer our history went back . Not sure if they watch other European football but black people are pretty new to them , hardly any in their country or Croatia or other contries around these areas , yes they are sad at what they did but don't forget Britain was a lot worse , remember the Brixton riots ? probably not ! BUT THEY WILL LEARN , but unfortuantely it won't be overnight like people on here think should or will happen, it will take years.

Croatia v Serbia should be interesting in March next year ???

I would have
and I am sorry to say the Serbs are pariahs ..................they don't like anyone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here