Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serbia v England U21 - racism and stuff [Merged]

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ban Serbia from International football for 10 years. If they're serious about kicking out racism and they're serious about this rubbish not happening in future, then dish out proper bans. Fines mean nothing, it's less than a slap on the wrist. Ban them from all International competition until their fans and their staff are educated to the point where these scenes won't continue. The Serbian bench were just as culpable there from those pictures, and their players have acted like absolute arsehats as well, what was that number 11 trying to do putting his arm around Rose's neck?! Bizarre.

Ban the pricks.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The red card from the ref was a f***ing disgrace - he must have known what was going on.

The referee only applied the laws of the game , Rose got the 2nd yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct. There will now be an appeal to have the 2nd yellow card rescinded which is following the correct procedure.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The red card from the ref was a f***ing disgrace - he must have known what was going on.

The referee only applied the laws of the game , Rose got the 2nd yellow for unsportsmanlike conduct. There will now be an appeal to have the 2nd yellow card rescinded which is following the correct procedure.

Why? Just because I don't get you little white boys' indignation in a town without racial issues? I do not consider myself to be racist, but by the same token, I resent the laws that Blair introduced making it illegal for native hetrosexual whites to say anything, while any minority group can say whatever they like.

I found this for you...
uncle-ricos-time-machine-735715.jpg

Make use of it and do one...

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Why? Just because I don't get you little white boys' indignation in a town without racial issues? I do not consider myself to be racist, but by the same token, I resent the laws that Blair introduced making it illegal for native hetrosexual whites to say anything, while any minority group can say whatever they like.

Idiot

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Really? Like what? He really needs to grow up. Where is the difference between that, and fans winding-up Wayne Bridge about his Ex and JT? In my opinion, the latter is worse, because it is factual, and very personal. The Serb's noises were childish, and he knows that. He is lucky that he did not get the full treatment like black players endured at the Goldstone.

As a professional player, he should know that fans will try anything they can to wind up the other team's players.

So you're saying that racial abuse is on the same level as, essentially, banter fans give players? Bridge ignores the chants from the other fans about JT and you're expecting Danny Rose to do the same thing about racism. If so, wow.

Like others have said, Serbia should be banned from at least the next 2 tournaments but it just won't happen; they'll get a 15k fine and Platini/Blatter will want Rose to end it with a handshake...

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Bit of a precedent to set, booking a player after the final whistle for kicking a football into the crowd - I have seem this happen 100's of times at the final whistle, either by a player of a losing team in frustration or by a player of a winning team in celebration.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not sure that you can appeal yellow cards?

I haven't found anywhere official yet which says whether it was a second yellow or a straight red, watching it on TV I only saw the ref show the red card I didn't see a yellow then red.

Edit: Ignore, just found the answer on UEFA's site, but I still think the ref only showed a red.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think 'pork pie' needs to bear in mind that Rose and other players had stones thrown at them and then were attacked by members of the opposing team. And then he can f*** off anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I haven't found anywhere official yet which says whether it was a second yellow or a straight red, watching it on TV I only saw the ref show the red card I didn't see a yellow then red.

Edit: Ignore, just found the answer on UEFA's site, but I still think the ref only showed a red.

I'm certain he showed a yellow first.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Expect a £20k fine for the Serbian FA, or one match played behind closed doors. That should show 'em

Yep, that's about the usual penalty plus maybe FIFA/UEFA " Observers " to monitor the games and advise and report and procrasrinate VIA reporting through a commitee who may or may not decide on further steps....well, its all bollocks, there have always been these problems and no one has the guts to ban them until it stops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here