Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serbia v England U21 - racism and stuff [Merged]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So it's all Rose's fault then, Platini will be all over this now.

Well, Rose was seen making " Monkey " gestures on the pitch ?

Seriously though, they say that only a madman knows he is sane and it seems now that only racist thugs think they are not doing anything wrong. It's an absolute travesty and time to kick them out.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It's a f***ing joke, makes me so sick how they continue to get away with this kind of crap. Serbs seem to view racism in the same way most of our rival fans see the homophobia, ie the norm, just a bit of banter to wind up the opposition. Nevermind banning the football fans, steps should be taken to eradicate that kind of ignorance from the very roots - ie, teaching against racism in schools. I'm sure most Eastern European football fans are aware by now it's wrong and unacceptable, just in the same sort of way civilised people see having a crafty fag in the stands as a bit naughty but not really hurting anyone.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's a f***ing joke, makes me so sick how they continue to get away with this kind of crap. Serbs seem to view racism in the same way most of our rival fans see the homophobia, ie the norm, just a bit of banter to wind up the opposition. .

I don't think the two are the same to be honest. The gay stuff aimed at us, IS in the whole intended to be light hearted banter. It's sung to try to wind us up, not because the singers actually ARE all hateful towards gays. I don't think the same is true of last night's chanting.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I don't think the two are the same to be honest. The gay stuff aimed at us, IS in the whole intended to be light hearted banter. It's sung to try to wind us up, not because the singers actually ARE all hateful towards gays. I don't think the same is true of last night's chanting.

Its a wide spectrum innit...

Bournemouth fans chanting "aids" = vile
Oppo fans chanting "we can see you holding hands" = funny (banter)

The problem is that some people are so polarised. At one end of the scale - OUTRAGED by EVERYTHING they ever hear..... on the other end - describing holocaust denial as "banter". The majority of people are clued up, but on either end of the spectrum you have total BELLENDS who make reasonable debate almost impossible.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its a wide spectrum innit...

Bournemouth fans chanting "aids" = vile
Oppo fans chanting "we can see you holding hands" = funny (banter)

The problem is that some people are so polarised. At one end of the scale - OUTRAGED by EVERYTHING they ever hear..... on the other end - describing holocaust denial as "banter". The majority of people are clued up, but on either end of the spectrum you have total BELLENDS who make reasonable debate almost impossible.

That

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
On reading the official Serbian FA website I believe we should accelerate this and make it a diplomatic issue forthwith. How the f*** can these imbeciles come out with such dross.

Oct 25, 2003
unfortunately this kind of shit isn't going to stop unless the FA's of these shithole nations starting trying to stop it (as they clearly don't care AT ALL)

how do you make them care? ban their clubs from domestic european competitions (pissing off the players, managers, chairman of their big clubs) and ban the national teams from international tournaments, and, f*** it, international football (thus leaving the FA short of cash by making them miss out on sponsorship money at international tournaments and gate receipts/tv money from fixtures)

THEN the FA's might actually do something about it.....how did we (mostly) eradicate hooliganism and racism at football grounds in this country? we did something about it from the top level downwards

Oct 25, 2003
UEFA are f***ing useless. People had to DIE in the stands before English clubs were finally banned.

yeah i guess i should have added that first and foremost UEFA and FIFA actually have to start taking this kind of thing seriously....which they clearly don't

the fact that bendtner was fined more for revealing an "unlicensed sponsor" than FA's get for their fans hurling racist abuse at players speaks absolute volumes to me

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I can't see anything other than Platini hitting the roof over this incident. I fully expect a five year ban and a six or seven figure fine

for England

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
UEFA just confirmed both FA's under investigation for conduct of players and will investigate fans racist chanting but will not discuss until their next meeting at end of November

What a joke these so called guardians of the game are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here