Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season tickets will sell out out in the next 24 hours.

Feb 14, 2010
I know four season ticket holdes at Falmer, two of which were STH's at Withdean. However for the four STH's, I also know at least another 6 people like myself who used to be STH's as kids or used to go alot but who now go to about 10 games a year (about 5 home / 5 away). None of us will ever get season tickets because we don't go enough anymore. There must be thousands like us who dont want to go every week. The club has just scratched the surfaced with its support and I for one am very pleased the club has at last got itself on a proper footing. Im pleased they have sold the 18400 available and I understand I will have a job to go to home games, but hopefully the club will continue to fulfill its potenial and the ground will expand. also.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Because the plan/scheme/information etc is required by the council to discharge conditions of the planning consent and so has to be in the public domain, just as correspondence and plans/layouts relating to the following are already:

Landscaping details (various)
Pitch lighting
Stadium external lighting and cctv layout
VIP car park layout
Coach park layout
etc
etc
etc

I think you are incorrect, whatever the club may say.

I am not incorect, as someone who works in planning, Brighton and Hove do not upload information relating to the discharge of conditions online. They may be public but they wont be posted online. In any case, the Council will have had to of adoted a more laisez faire attitude in terms of discharge of conditions anyway due to the sheer number of conditions. The Club will be in continous contact with the Council about this and will be more than aware of all the goings on, they will be working on this daily.

What is the reason for the bee in your bonnet regards this particular issue anyway?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Any chance that if the club don't need their 1000 comps that they'll add to the 900 available on match days?

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I think you are incorrect, whatever the club may say.

I expect a Travel Management Plan is a standard condition attached to new stadia. There have been a few new grounds built in recent years (Cardiff, Chesterfield, Colchester, Shrewsbury etc). If you can provide evidence that these are in the public domain for any of these grounds then I'd be more inclined to believe you.

Presumably the travel plan will make reference to the 650 temporary spaces in the recent application. So presumably it can't be finalised until this planning application is decided anyway.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Any chance that if the club don't need their 1000 comps that they'll add to the 900 available on match days?
I think some of the comps are reserved for charity , sponsorship and schools plus any Amex cardholders wanting to see a home game and getting top priority , so it it depends what the take-up is.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Same as Reading innit. 18k + in first season and very good crowds since. They also talked of extending to 35k but we will follow similar thing, hopefully on the pitch as well !!

Feb 14, 2010
Same as Reading innit. 18k + in first season and very good crowds since. They also talked of extending to 35k but we will follow similar thing, hopefully on the pitch as well !!

Not quite the same as Reading as they used to get 4/5000 at Elm Park and unlike Brighton they never had a football pedigree in that they unlike us never got 20/30K crowds in the past, they have never been to a cup final and also never won the charity shield.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I take it they are all gone now????

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't imagine that many would be buying a ST for The Championship and then turn down the chance to watch us in The Premiership.
Nevertheless, Walt is spot on. We will have 18,400 season ticket holders. If we have a middling season next time out, the sales team will have to work hard to maintain that sort of take up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not quite the same as Reading as they used to get 4/5000 at Elm Park and unlike Brighton they never had a football pedigree in that they unlike us never got 20/30K crowds in the past, they have never been to a cup final and also never won the charity shield.

FA. CUP semi finalists and an 8th place premier league finish , full members winners whatever the f k that is

Unsure their crowd history though

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Agreed - Please don't compare us to Reading - it just gets my goat cos they were the ultimate in glory supporters (6k half season tickets the yr they were pissing the championship IN their NEW stadium.) Hull may be a better comparison..

I am not incorect, as someone who works in planning, Brighton and Hove do not upload information relating to the discharge of conditions online. They may be public but they wont be posted online. In any case, the Council will have had to of adoted a more laisez faire attitude in terms of discharge of conditions anyway due to the sheer number of conditions. The Club will be in continous contact with the Council about this and will be more than aware of all the goings on, they will be working on this daily.

What is the reason for the bee in your bonnet regards this particular issue anyway?

1) Clearly I'm wrong then; however, there is correspondence and numerous documents, diagrams etc relating to the discharge of condition 3 (I think that's the correct number) posted under the 2008 planning application.
2) In answer to your question; sceptical curiosity brought on when asked to complete a travel survey for my ST presentation. Couldn't understand the timing (seemed very, very late in the day to be collecting primary data) and why omit car travel from the questionnaire when you've 2,000+ parking places approved at the stadium? Received a bit of a fob off reply from Insider (OK that's his job) and then some nonsense when I asked a few specifics after the presentation.

Are there 2000 car parking spaces? How do I get one? Is it pay and display or a barrier thing on exit? Will I get clamped if I don't buy a ticket? If I am towed, which pound will it be taken to?

Or more seriously - are these just for disabled, 1901, VIPs, electric cars and those those that produce less than 100g of CO2 per KM?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Share a season ticket

I know four season ticket holdes at Falmer, two of which were STH's at Withdean. However for the four STH's, I also know at least another 6 people like myself who used to be STH's as kids or used to go alot but who now go to about 10 games a year (about 5 home / 5 away). None of us will ever get season tickets because we don't go enough anymore. There must be thousands like us who dont want to go every week. The club has just scratched the surfaced with its support and I for one am very pleased the club has at last got itself on a proper footing. Im pleased they have sold the 18400 available and I understand I will have a job to go to home games, but hopefully the club will continue to fulfill its potenial and the ground will expand. also.
Why not share a couple of season tickets between your mates. We were in the same situation.Two tickets between 6 of us.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
24 hours gone.

Have they sold out then?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I got a letter this week telling me the full balance of my season ticket was overdue, and if I didn't pay the O/S money by 30th April, it would be cancelled.

I paid the deposit in January and gave them card details and just assumed the balance would be deducted from the card on 1st April, or at least I'd be sent an invoice. Had nothing though, until this letter arrived.

When I went to settle up today, the bloke in the shop said loads of STHs had been in the same boat and it's been a bit of a nightmare for the ticket office :facepalm:

Feb 14, 2010
Why not share a couple of season tickets between your mates. We were in the same situation.Two tickets between 6 of us.

Because we are not a group as such, just people I know from various parts. I did think of sharing a STH wth a mate but then he is the lad I go to games with ,mostly so that wouldn't work. Also who gets the ticket for the palace game!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here