Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season tickets will sell out out in the next 24 hours.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Were lucky really, Tottenham have had over 20,000 on there waiting list for 3 years. I think it comes down to pricing, and the flexible Payment options. I almost crashed my car the other day while listening to a gooner on the radio saying he shells out £1800 for a season ticket up there, And they don't even spend the money on players!..

If i was a gooner, i would be wanting to get together with likewise disgruntled gooners sick of those prices and start AFC Arsenal!! £1800, SHOCKING!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I said many of times the ground was to small and also others said the same thing:whistle:Im just laughing at 80% of people on here who estimated 15kish crowds next season and even some inbreds stated 12k:D

At least some of us know our potential and even weird was the fact our board at the club knew we would sell out.

The small downside is the lack of POTG tickets available,so many floating casual fans have to battle for 900 tickets and you could get upto 10k trying to get these tickets at certain games:shrug:

I was one of those saying 12k in league 1 and 15k in champ. Can't believe the demand is so high!

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Not wanting to piss on anyone's parade and it is an immense achivement but actually maximising bums on seats on match days could be even harder to do than selling the ST's in the first place. Unless the club is very well organised and very proactive and unless the (from our experience at Withdean) surprisingly/disappointingly high number of no-shows actively give a shit and want to offer their tickets for re-sale, there will rarely be anything even close to a 20K crowd.

Lots of hard work to do and it isn't all down to the club!

I totally agree with this. Need to make sure that the Exchange system set up is well promoted by all of us to friends and colleagues to ensure the ground is packed to the rafters. Don't want to see attendances trailing off and us sitting in a ground looking like a Wigan home game.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I totally agree with this. Need to make sure that the Exchange system set up is well promoted by all of us to friends and colleagues to ensure the ground is packed to the rafters. Don't want to see attendances trailing off and us sitting in a ground looking like a Wigan home game.
I disagree as we will have a huge casual following waiting for tickets,we also have a massive catchment area in which we can still dip into if required:)

Plenty of fans will be hovering:)

I respect your opinion though:)

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
:amex:
I disagree as we will have a huge casual following waiting for tickets,we also have a massive catchment area in which we can still dip into if required:)

Yeah its all good!

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Great news. Got a ST but really hope the club do arrange a re-sale thing for others not so fortunate. Fully expect this only to be used in the event standard tickets are all gone but easy extra revenue for the club and potentially credit for the ST holder. Surely an example of win-win all round?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I said many of times the ground was to small and also others said the same thing:whistle:Im just laughing at 80% of people on here who estimated 15kish crowds next season and even some inbreds stated 12k:D

At least some of us know our potential and even weird was the fact our board at the club knew we would sell out.

The small downside is the lack of POTG tickets available,so many floating casual fans have to battle for 900 tickets and you could get upto 10k trying to get these tickets at certain games:shrug:

I disagree, I dont think it is too small, there is room for expansion as we all know and building a 32k ish stadium straight on the back of only 5k season currant ticket holders adding to the fact of not knowing what division we will be in just wouldnt have been practical in my mind.

Just because a small handful are now requesting season tickets...does not mean its too small.

I'd rather we walk before we can run, were not a MASSIVE club or a fighting force in english football, our history isnt all that rosey, so to jump from 8,800 to almost 4x that size would have been too much too soon for a club that could have been in league one!

I'd rather be in a packed AMEX than see 7k empty seats about us whilst we grow our reputation and stabalise in a higher division.

In regards to your 10,000 people trying to get 900 tickets, do behave, where are these 10,000 extra's coming from considering we had about 3000 people on a parade yesterday?

I'm estatic, surprised and overwhelmed at the season ticket sales, I estimated about 15k season ticket holders so its exceeded what I thought but your overselling this in my mind.

By the sound of your post weve got the wrong people in charge of this club, we should have jumped up know it all from the shi* hole that is Reading deciding on whats best for the club.

Have a day off Sir!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If the transport works out expect a planning application to be made for the corners and east stand by the end of the year, so that the application is determined by May, and developed over the Summer.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I disagree, I dont think it is too small, there is room for expansion as we all know and building a 32k ish stadium straight on the back of only 5k season currant ticket holders adding to the fact of not knowing what division we will be in just wouldnt have been practical in my mind.

Just because a small handful are now requesting season tickets...does not mean its too small.

I'd rather we walk before we can run, were not a MASSIVE club or a fighting force in english football, our history isnt all that rosey, so to jump from 8,800 to almost 4x that size would have been too much too soon for a club that could have been in league one!

I'd rather be in a packed AMEX than see 7k empty seats about us whilst we grow our reputation and stabalise in a higher division.

In regards to your 10,000 people trying to get 900 tickets, do behave, where are these 10,000 extra's coming from considering we had about 3000 people on a parade yesterday?

I'm estatic, surprised and overwhelmed at the season ticket sales, I estimated about 15k season ticket holders so its exceeded what I thought but your overselling this in my mind.

By the sound of your post weve got the wrong people in charge of this club, we should have jumped up know it all from the shi* hole that is Reading deciding on whats best for the club.

Have a day off Sir!
Lets judge everything by 3k turning up on a crap sunday evening when we won the championship a month ago:shrug:

Where do these 18200 season ticket holders come from when we had just 3k on the beach front?Only a certain amount of people will buy a season ticket and you can have as many fans that don't than do.I say to small meaning 26k-ish would of been ideal although i know this was the capacity we could,ve only gone for to get permission.

Anyway you stupid born again christian twat put a sock innit,didn't realise bournemouth was so perfect:yawn:

What a bellend you are:wanker:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Lets judge everything by 3k turning up on a crap sunday evening when we won the championship a month ago:shrug:

Where do these 18200 season ticket holders come from when we had just 3k on the beach front?Only a certain amount of people will buy a season ticket and you can have as many fans that don't than do.I say to small meaning 26k-ish would of been ideal although i know this was the capacity we could,ve only gone for to get permission.

Anyway you stupid born again christian twat put a sock innit,didn't realise bournemouth was so perfect:yawn:

What a bellend you are:wanker:

No lets judge it on what the people in charge of our football club decide shall we, you know.....the ones in the know.

The ones who spent year upon year planning for this ground, every single detail covered.

But the one thing they forgot to do and im sure it will be their downfull and the clubs, is consult a mouthy keybourd warrior.... what a mistake they've made!

Now go crawl back behind your little desk MR PONCE, stop running your mouth off and get real.

You come on here giving all the told you so just because we have a few who now decide they may want a season ticket very late on. Theres no reports of queens road being packed with people desperate for a season tickets or stories of un-told thousends who cant get in.

It's just your opinion and your trying the old, told you I was right.

Total utter Reading mug & thats straight from Jesus!

AMEX.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

no good having a waiting list and people ready to buy tickets for individual matches if the STH's don't bother to tell the club they ain't going to a match! Motivating the no-shows will be a tough task for the club

Last edited:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Whatever happens, it will be a world away from 2,000 at Priestfield or 5,000 - 8,500 at Withdean.

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Stadium Gallery | Stadium Gallery | Amex Gallery

Instead of other clubs (Reading picking up on Sidwell, Brooker to Leicester, Norwich for Crofts & Bennett, etc) raiding us, we've now got the finances and greater prestige to retain/acquire far better players.

Bloom, Perry, Brown, Poyet have already made amazing strides, and marketing/sponsorship will be taken to another level.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I know the club has a much bigger support base than has been allowed by Withdean all these years, but I also think that the demand right now will be at an absolute peak: promoted, good football, Gus, new stadium. That demand could fall if we have a couple of mediocre seasons in the Championship or even come back down again. We'd look pretty stupid at that point if we had a 30k stadium and only 15-18k gates.

Not wanting to be negative, but we shouldn't judge current demand as how it will always be for all time (of course, could get even bigger if we look like going up to the Prem!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here