Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season tickets will sell out out in the next 24 hours.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Good call, they could start doing a corner at a time almost ASAP

I guess they have planning in line for the whole lot if needed, so I suspect that they will see how we get on this season, look at renewals next March/April and if the support is still like it is now, which I hope it is, get a corner in. I suspect it will almost like a big set of Mechano to put them in, with all the foundations etc needed already in place, so could be a realtively quick job compared to building the new stadium.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why would they ever consider just putting in one corner?

Clearly, they are not going to put in planning permission to raise capacity by 500, then put in another planning permission application to raise it by another 500 six months later and so on. Surely they'll do all the corners at once, and then possibly the upper East tier as a separate application.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Clearly, they are not going to put in planning permission to raise capacity by 500, then put in another planning permission application to raise it by another 500 six months later and so on. Surely they'll do all the corners at once, and then possibly the upper East tier as a separate application.

To be fair, it's probably fairly easy either way and the planning application costs will be fairly minimal either way (in the region of £1000 per application). I expect they've got the plans all drawn up ready to submit when they need to; they'd just have to slot in the transport case. They may even have this written on the basis of how they expect it to work!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair, it's probably fairly easy either way and the planning application costs will be fairly minimal either way (in the region of £1000 per application). I expect they've got the plans all drawn up ready to submit when they need to; they'd just have to slot in the transport case. They may even have this written on the basis of how they expect it to work!
I'd have thought so too, but it's not the cost, it's the time it takes to see it through.

I'd be surprised to see ground capacity raised any time this season. On the other hand, I'd be amazed if they hadn't at least planned for the contingency of Premiership football in 2012 and a fully expanded ground capacity of around 30,000.

I wish I shared your optimism.

19/08/2008: BHA submit revised planning application for Falmer Stadium to B&HCC amending the original approval* granted by the Secretary of State in 2007 (July?).
22/04/2009: Application approved by B&HCC; one condition (as in the original approval*) is that a transport management plan/scheme must be submitted to and approved by the planning authority (ie B&HCC) before the stadium can be brought into use. Another specific condition linked to the TMS is that 2,200- 2,350 car parking spaces provided within 1.5km of the stadium.
2010/11: Official Stadium opening date is set by BHA for 06/08/2011 with ramp up events from July 2011.
06/12/2010: BHA start distribution of invitations to existing STHs to attend ST presentations at the Amex, commencing January 2011. Attendees are asked to complete a travel questionnaire indicating the mode of transport they intend to use for games at the Amex, driving by car is not included as an option.
13/04/2011: BHA submit planning application to Lewes District Council for up to 650 "temporary" car parking spaces adjacent to the stadium (these form part of the 2,000+ required in the stadium planning consent); LDC's target determination date is 08/06/2011.
21/04/2011: There is no transport management scheme filed on the B&HCC planning website.

That makes it nearly 4 years to work on the TMS since approval was first granted?

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Anyone know how many season ticket holders we had in the last couple of years of The Goldstone?

Reading this thread has just brought it all back. Having stood in crowds barely 5000 (pay on the gate - no excuses that tickets were hard to get hold of or the ground was too small, either) I can barely believe I'm reading about my own team. SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGULLS!!!!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Anyone know how many season ticket holders we had in the last couple of years of The Goldstone?

That's a good question, but to some extent it is irrelevant because you aren't comparing apples with apples. Football attendances were approaching their lowest ever during our last years at the Goldstone. Since then all of football has seen a very significant rise in average attendances.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
That's a good question, but to some extent it is irrelevant because you aren't comparing apples with apples. Football attendances were approaching their lowest ever during our last years at the Goldstone. Since then all of football has seen a very significant rise in average attendances.

Just curiosity, really. I know a lot has changed since then all over the game, but would be fascinating to know.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

I would expect that they already have full planning for the extra seats included in the original planning, as doesnt the application last for a few years, something like 5?

Why are you expecting to see it there?

Because the plan/scheme/information etc is required by the council to discharge conditions of the planning consent and so has to be in the public domain, just as correspondence and plans/layouts relating to the following are already:

Landscaping details (various)
Pitch lighting
Stadium external lighting and cctv layout
VIP car park layout
Coach park layout
etc
etc
etc

The travel plan would not be on the Council's website even if it were agreed.

I think you are incorrect, whatever the club may say.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Because the plan/scheme/information etc is required by the council to discharge conditions of the planning consent and so has to be in the public domain, just as correspondence and plans/layouts relating to the following are already:

Pitch lighting
VIP car park layout
Coach park layout
etc
etc
etc

I think you are incorrect, whatever the club may say.

This is just getting really tiresome now. You keep banging on about the transport plan as if the club have not given it a second thought and that the council have just politely forgotten to ask about it in the hope that everything will work out in the end. If there is one thing that the club have worked on in the past decade and a bit it is the transport plan. Just because you are not privy to the details you come over all doom and gloom and seek to accuse the Albion of wilfully hoodwinking the authorities when the stadium is on the verge of completion. What a load of old tosh! (let's keep this polite) It is a 22,500 seat arena just on the edge of a small city. There are road links, rail links, bus links aswell being within walking distance of some of the supporters. There are plenty of stadia in the UK with far worse access issues than the Amex, give it a bloody rest!

I'm fairly confident that most people will be able to find their way to and from the stadium without any trouble at all. There may well be some delays and inconvenience, but hey! welcome the to the world of supporting a team that might actually be popular for a change.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Pitch lighting
VIP car park layout
Coach park layout
etc
etc
etc

You do seem to be slightly obsessed with this. Pretty sure the club know what they are doing and have been keeping the council(s) informed, not going to build a £100 million stadium only not to be able to open because of red tape/paperwork

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I'd be very surprised if the club added more capacity in the next couple of years (UNLESS we were actually promoted to the Prem). We've just had a fourfold increase in season ticket holders and you have to assume that some of those won't necessarily be around for the long haul. I reckon it would be preferable to have too few tickets and sell out than to over-expand amid all the excitement and find in five years time that we've got gates of 15-18,000 in a 30,000 seat stadium.

Not that I'm pessimistic, but I think the club will err on the side of caution.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Has sheebo ever made an easier £20?

Ben always had us down as a Huddersfield sized club. He seems to have got that wrong. :lolol:

Nope never! Just waiting on Ben to let me know where to meet Sat :lol:

I'll prob go sportsman :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here