Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Prices for 2014-5 announced...

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Confusion re: WSU wing prices.

On the diagram they are coloured orange as being zone A, yet they are not included in the zone A description (which is simply North/South Stand). Instead they must surely come under the catch all 'West Stand Upper' description for zone B.

So what price band are they in A or B?

(speaking as someone looking to move from North to WSU)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Barely seems worth it, but I suppose every little counts - I suspect the plan is to steadily increase it a little bit every year until we make the Premier League.

I would suspect - though I don't know for sure - that it is to cover increases in operational costs due to inflation. There's no point letting those costs get away from you. 345k used to buy you a very tidy player!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There was also much concern that the pricing of the edges of the WSU would be moved into the higher band of the more central WSU pricing. This has not happened. Which makes me happy, as I'll only be paying £10 more for two season tickets next season.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Pleasantly surprised by this.

I mean it's one of many things in life that have got more expensive whilst pay remains the same but I was expecting it to be a lot worse after yesterday's announcement.

Aug 21, 2011
Not sure how and why every one is so chuffed with this. A 5% rise is above inflation (currently 2%) .Did everyone really expect the tickets to rise higher than this in order to bail out the £14m losses. Whilst it sounds small increase it is still an above inflation hike, in some areas of the stadium.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Confusion re: WSU wing prices.

On the diagram they are coloured orange as being zone A, yet they are not included in the zone A description (which is simply North/South Stand). Instead they must surely come under the catch all 'West Stand Upper' description for zone B.

So what price band are they in A or B?

(speaking as someone looking to move from North to WSU)

See my post 67: they've termed it as 'North/South stand' for purposes of abbreviation; you need to follow the colour code, so they remain at the cheaper price :clap:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The only group who come out badly are the youngsters who have just passed their 18th birthday their price increases over 100% ( around £235 increase for cheapest area) I think the club need to follow the lead from our friends up the road here. They have a step between U18 and adult prices. they have a young adult price for U21's.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The North is £465, so £38.75 a month. A rise of £3.76 a month over four seasons doesn't seem unfair in my opinion.

You should feel sorry for the WSL crowd who have once again been hit with the biggest rise, up to £59.58 a month now!

Never been good with maths. I currently pay £37.99 for the north so that has gone up just 76p per month?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Pleasantly surprised by the relatively small increase. Will most likely renew. Would have to think twice if it wasn't for the interest free direct debit payments so, again, kudos to the club for that. I doubt I am the only person who appreciates that option.

That said, the season tickets were pretty expensive to start with. Supply and demand no doubt, but still represent a significant outlay for many over the course of the season. So no, they haven't increased too much - which is very welcome news. But I imagine they will be among the more expensive season tickets for this level of football. I don't blame the club. They have to compete with other clubs etc and I know all about FFP. Just seems a shame following a football team is such an expensive pastime these days.

One thing I would like to see the club do is look at the cheapest available tickets on a match by match basis. I would like to see the club have a certain area of the ground, perhaps the South West Corner or something, be exempt from category pricing and have a relatively affordable match by match price regardless of the opponent. It doesn't seem fair that just because someone might not have much disposable income they will only ever get to see the crap games.

By all means charge more across the stadium for higher profile games, but keep a couple of blocks back where the price remained the same every week.

Also, I don't know if the category pricing is used for away fans. I don't think it should be. No reason why a fan of a fashionable, well-supported club should pay more than a fan of a smaller, less high profile team. This may already be the case at the Albion, in which case, well done Brighton. I just know some clubs at this level charge more for away fans based on a category system.

In summary though, well done to the Albion. The increase is small and shouldn't see anyone cancel purely over the increase itself. And its pricing for younger fans remains superb.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Slightly annoyed they've gone up 3 yrs running it the plan was clearly get people in on the first season as many thought at the time. Delighted they've used common sense and kept the wsu wing prices as band a - those with front row etc seats there chose the cheaper band deliberately and were Withdean regulars so that's only fair it remains the cheapest band as it has been from the start!

Let's hope for no increases at all next yr :)

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Barely seems worth it, but I suppose every little counts - I suspect the plan is to steadily increase it a little bit every year until we make the Premier League.

Which suggests to me that we are highly likely to be FFP compliant when the next annual accounts are released.

If that was in jeopardy we would not be seeing these minimal increases.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here