Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Prices for 2014-5 announced...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My WSU season ticket has gone from £535 (£44.58 per month) to £550 (£45.83 per month).

An increase of £1.25 per month. Or 65p per match.

And still just £23.91 per match. Not going to complain at that to be honest.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Extremely fair given yesterday's news.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Matchday ticket prices to go up by £1 a pop ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If TLO's increase is an average and we keep 23k STH then £345000

Correct, but TLO's situation wont be average for two reasons:

a) he's in WSU, which is a more expensive part of the ground
b) All U18's prices are frozen.

My estimate of the incremental revenue is closer to £250k.

The rise is definitely lower than I was expecting.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I believe i paid £34.99 per month for a north stand season when the Amex first opened. Since then with these new increases that figure has topped £40 per month. They think by increasing by a faction you wouldn't notice but it soon tops up.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
So can anyone who is better at maths than me calculate roughly how much additional revenue this will earn the club?

It's very small beer. Indeed, given current rates of inflation, many goods and services that the club purchases will go up in price by more than this, so any extra revenue may be more than offset by increased costs elsewhere, unless of course the restrained approach to pricing season tickets actually leads to more people signing up (unlikely, in my view -- I suspect we're fairly close to saturation, as long as we stay in the premiership, especially given that it's easy to buy tickets match by match).
Either way, the club has still taken a very rational approach in my view, as this is unlikely to be a big enough price increase to cause lots of people not to renew -- I have no idea what the price elasticity of demand for season tickets is, but a larger increase might well have ended up yielding less revenue, because of the non-renewal effect.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
When is the last DD due for this season, and when does it start again?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's not. It's the second cheapest part of the ground, with only the North Stand being cheaper.

The 5,500 people in WSL, the 5,500 people in ESL and the 3,400 in ESU are all paying more, which suggests the average will actually be higher.

Ooops! I saw WSU, wrote WSU, but was "thinking" WSL when I was doing the maths!

OK - so maybe, the £350k estimate is about right then, when you factor in the price freeze for U18's.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Seems fair, but I remember last season when they pulled some of the transport options after everyone had renewed e.g S,P bus, hope there is not another trick this year.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am waiting see the cost of the beer I think that's the one hurts most of the posters on this Board. Hey Blackadder :drink::drink::drink::drink::wink:

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
% Increases

Adult Price Changes with % increases.

Zone A (North / South Stand) £455 - £465 2.2 % increase

Zone B (West Stand Upper) £535 - £550 2.8 % increase

Zone C (West Stand Lower, outer) £560 - £575 2.7 % increase

Zone D (West Stand Lower (nearer Centre), East Stand) £625 - £650 4.0 % increase

Zone E (West Stand Lower, central) £ 680 - £715 5.1 % increase

Zone F (Family Stand) £485 - £495 2.1 % increase

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here