Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Prices for 2014-5 announced...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And like I said earlier then what incentive for people to pay up front :facepalm:

The incentive is for those willing to commit to a monthly DD - guaranteed steady cash-flow for the club - and more likely to renew because any increase will look small when spread out over the year.

Seems like a WIN-WIN to me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you are right, that's massive % compared to the others

It's ok my old man got it wrong! It's a £5 increase. I expect it was £270 odd originally! Not a taking the piss increase anyway so panic over! Thanks mate.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
The incentive is for those willing to commit to a monthly DD - guaranteed steady cash-flow for the club - and more likely to renew because any increase will look small when spread out over the year.

Seems like a WIN-WIN to me.

The club isn't guarantee that money are they just like Barbar stated last year when he said it cost the club money by chasing people up for their DD money and the club don't know how much money is available until all payments are made for that season whereas if you pay in full then you are committed and should be rewarded unlike these DD payers who may default if we have a shocking few games and likely to finish mid table.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Probably the incentive is that don't have a monthly direct debit! It really isn't that hard to understand!

People who pay cash up front shouldn't have to pay what DD payers do. It's like buying a new car, you don't get people buying new cars via DD and higher prushace at the same price with cash. Where is the benefit?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
People who pay cash up front shouldn't have to pay what DD payers do. It's like buying a new car, you don't get people buying new cars via DD and higher prushace at the same price with cash. Where is the benefit?
Personally I think the club should be praised for having an interest free direct debit scheme - not criticized for it.
Upfront payers are not having to pay more as a result so where is the problem?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

This isnt the same as buying a new car though. The extra price you paying on a direct debit there is the interest charge applied by the finance company lending you the money.

The club are offering interest free direct debit payments as an incentive to get more people buyimg season tickets. If you can afford to pay it in a lump sum then do so, if you can't then this way makes a season ticket affordable to a lot more people. People who think they can just stop payimg if the club are doing badly will find it very difficult to get tickets when the club start doing well again.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

But then the rich benefit and the less well off do not. That hardly seems fair either.

In an age when lots of us complain about people being priced out of football and the obscene amounts of cash some are earning from it, this seems a good gesture.

I didn't know DD is the same as lump sum. I'm a lump sum payer, but it doesn't bother me. It seems right.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am waiting see the cost of the beer I think that's the one hurts most of the posters on this Board. Hey Blackadder :drink::drink::drink::drink::wink:

I could always reduce my intake at the hostelry I go to prior the Amex. :drink:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

There are numerous examples of interest free sales available - from cars to sofas to washing machines.

The aim is to provide an incentive to those who cannot pay the whole amount up front, those who can will - without this incentive ticket sales I'd guess would be much lower.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
65p extra per match. I can live with that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it me or my system but it says click here to see prices and time scale but all it shows is the dates for full payment etc. What is the price for adult and OAP in lower west, paying in 1 payment?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is it me or my system but it says click here to see prices and time scale but all it shows is the dates for full payment etc. What is the price for adult and OAP in lower west, paying in 1 payment?

Which zone?
The pdf only has an adult price (£715) for zone E (central part)
All other prices are shown.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I take it these increases only apply to people who pay over 12 months and not upfront because if they don't then what incentive is there for people to pay up front and people who pay over 12 months are likely to cancel if we're fighting relegating so where is the incentive to pay up front?

Just like buying a new car, Buying a new car outright then you'd pay cash value and not the extra £1,000 or 2 by direct debit.

And like I said earlier then what incentive for people to pay up front :facepalm:

The club isn't guarantee that money are they just like Barbar stated last year when he said it cost the club money by chasing people up for their DD money and the club don't know how much money is available until all payments are made for that season whereas if you pay in full then you are committed and should be rewarded unlike these DD payers who may default if we have a shocking few games and likely to finish mid table.

Why do you keep banging on about this when you have been told by many on several occasions that the price can be paid in full or in interest free instalments. It is what it is. If you want to pay up front then pay up front and if you want to spread the cost throughout the year then do that as I suspect most people do. I suspect there would be fewer STH if everyone had to pay up front so the club probably make the decision that the cost of chasing up a minority is more than balanced by the larger number of season ticket holders they have due to the facility.

If that doesn't satisfy you then make sure you have a banner for Saturday so we can all see where you sit!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here