Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket prices cut & revised Membership scheme

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Large One said:
Blimey, how many people said in an earlier thread a few weeks ago - 're-launch and re-package the AMS, and make people pay for it...' The club are doing that and STILL people moan.

It's no wonder the city has a reputation for being reactionary and conservative.
I have NO objections to joining an annual scheme. What I DO object to is being asked to pay for the mere CHANCE of getting a ticket. Gold membership for all!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
For once, I think the club have got this one about right. We are desperate for cash, but Withdean tickets are way over-priced for such a shithole. A 5 per cent reduction for season tickets is a fair balance of those two conflicting forces.

And everyone wanted a revamp of the membership system. The problem is that enormous importance is placed on a particular scenario that only crops up on average at the moment about once every three seasons, ie a really big away Cup game that everyone wants to go to. I think the new proposed system is almost perfect, with a slight caveat over the £30 annual payment which is a bit over the odds. £15 would have been better.

I agree with those that say in practice that money or level of 'blue' membership would not have got you any more than a basic 'white' membership in the last couple of years, but the club are trying. People were moaning that they weren't differentiated from AMS members who never went. Well, now they can be if that makes them feel good. They just have to pay a bit. But no one is forcing them, just don't moan when you don't get tickets.

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
The Blue membership is only £30 because that is how much they need to charge to finance the 5% reduction in season tickets.

It appears that the knee jerk reaction to a few STH's not getting a ticket for West Ham because the club f***ed up/The STH were too slow. now means that they have gone to extremes to keep STH revenue.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mr Blobby said:
Its difficult time financially for the Albion for obvious reasons and people are moaning about putting £30 into the club. :nono:
Oh come on! Isn't that exactly what you DO moan about? "STHs put money into the club and so deserve something back!" If the mark of a 'Good Fan' is to put money into the club without quibbling about it then you should be happy to pay for your season ticket and not expect anything other than the right to attend home matches at a reduced rate.

I've got another idea. Why not put an extra £30 on the replica shirts? Surely no one is going to complain at that are they? After all its difficult time financially for the Albion so nobody will moan about putting £30 into the club. Will they?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Mr Blobby said:
Its exactly the same with being a member of Englandfans. Its £75 to join and yes that gives you priority for home games but no guarantee of away tickets. People moaned about it, exactly the same arguements put forward as this, and mentions of membership dropping off etc etc, well the englandfans + membership has just reached the 35,000 mark so the FA are making £2,625,000 over 2 years so that we can get the chance to get match tickets (although none guaranteed).

Its difficult time financially for the Albion for obvious reasons and people are moaning about putting £30 into the club. :nono:

The difference however with England is that in most cases demand out weighs supply but twitht he albion it is only one game in two years when this is the case.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Prices link now works on the official site

Adult/Senior/Kids Stand

470/286/273 North Stand Centre
422/253/242 Northstand other
413/248/237 South stand centre
384/234/223 south stand other
285 - student south stand other
363/212/201 East stand
263 - student east stand
446 Adult + U16 N east stand
400 Adult + u10 N East stand
additional family members
£384 adult
£223 U16
£16 U10

3 year season tickets

1,340/820/775 NSC
1,210/720/685 NS other
1,180/710/685 SSC
1,100/670/635 SS Other

Last edited:

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
As a non-season ticket holder, but someone who goes to 90% of home games and over half of away games (including the likes of Carlisle, Bradford, Scunthorpe and Chesterfield this season), I am classed as a 3rd class fan who will probably not get a ticket for a 'big' cup game or other important fixture.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why not just have it so that if you attend a certain number of away games you automatically become a blue member?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
butchy said:
As a non-season ticket holder, but someone who goes to 90% of home games and over half of away games (including the likes of Carlisle, Bradford, Scunthorpe and Chesterfield this season), I am classed as a 3rd class fan who will probably not get a ticket for a 'big' cup game or other important fixture.

But surely, given what you've said there (and I've been in that position before) - if potentially missing out on a Cup ticket is that big a deal to you, why not go the extra mile and get a season ticket? If you go to 90 per cent of home games, you won't be paying much more, if any.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Mr Blobby said:

Adult/Senior/Kids Stand

363/212/201 East stand
263 - student east stand
£384 adult
£223 U16
£16 U10

3 year season tickets

1,340/820/775 NSC
1,210/720/685 NS other
1,180/710/685 SSC
1,100/670/635 SS Other

I sit in c block is that classed as south stand centre?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Mr Blobby said:

Adult/Senior/Kids Stand

363/212/201 East stand
263 - student east stand
£384 adult
£223 U16
£16 U10

3 year season tickets

1,340/820/775 NSC
1,210/720/685 NS other
1,180/710/685 SSC
1,100/670/635 SS Other

Now the club have done well in cutting prices, yes. But sadly the amount of people who've said they aren't renewing because it "doesn't make financial sense" probably won't be drawn back by those prices, priority for a big game (which most assumed they'd have when they previously renewed anyway) and a DVD.

:clap: :clap: to the club - but i still anticipate a lot less season ticket holders next season.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Mr Blobby said:
Its exactly the same with being a member of Englandfans. Its £75 to join and yes that gives you priority for home games but no guarantee of away tickets. People moaned about it, exactly the same arguements put forward as this, and mentions of membership dropping off etc etc, well the englandfans + membership has just reached the 35,000 mark so the FA are making £2,625,000 over 2 years so that we can get the chance to get match tickets (although none guaranteed).

Using one shit scheme to back up another. Oh my days.

Again, I have no issue with giving £30 to the club, as such (or even £50/£100 for 10-year membership as I previously proposed).

What I object to, is being classed as a second class fan, with ALL STH getting priority for ALL away tickets.

How many STHs bought tickets for Orient, one of the CLOSEST away games? Something like 200 - that's why they went on general sale.

So, yes, I can afford it. But I'm not going to pay £30 when...

a) All the STHs will take the first 4,000 or so tickets for (the one or two) big away games each season - and then Blue member applications will be in a hat, so there's still no guarantee of a ticket.

b) You won't need Blue membership to get tickets for the vast majority of away games because, as Orient proved, STHs can't be arsed with them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
butchy said:

Don't be so sure on tickets for away games :p

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
And we all complain about Nimbyism in Falmer and Lewes.

This is ticketing Nimbyism....there is no perfect solution and whatever the club does, someone is going to be unhappy....AS LONG AS IT'S NOT ME!

Which other clubs have a better system?

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Tooting Gull said:
But surely, given what you've said there (and I've been in that position before) - if potentially missing out on a Cup ticket is that big a deal to you, why not go the extra mile and get a season ticket? If you go to 90 per cent of home games, you won't be paying much more, if any.

I would but cant afford paying in one big lump, Im just a humble student

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Wozza said:

a) All the STHs will take the first 4,000 or so tickets for (the one or two) big away games each season - and then Blue member applications will be in a hat, so there's still no guarantee of a ticket.

But really and truly will 4000 season ticket holders all want tickets for even the big games? I suspect not. At west ham only half of the tickets were allocated to season ticket holders and the other half ams, I suspect at most 2/3 of season ticket holders applied for tickets which leaves a good 1000 tickets form an allocation of 4000 which would be more than enough to cover blue members who are gonna be the fans who are regular away travellers anyway.

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Blue&WhiteSea said:
I think you will find you don't.

You pay for tickets to watch games at HOME. The sooner STH realise this the better.

If I buy a ticket for any other event I do not expect and priority for another event in a different county it doesn't work that way.

If I was a STH (which I would love to be but as I don't live in sussex I can't make this work) then I would be very pleased but I wouldn't be gloating to non STH.

Anyway, I can't wait till we start hearing the manager and players moaning about the away support in the same way they have previously moaned about the home fans. Then they will realise the true value of the regular away supporters.
Why is not living in Sussex stopping you from being a season ticket holder ? I live 3 miles from you and have held a season ticket for 20 years now, except for 1 at Gillingham.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Black N Tan said:
Why is not living in Sussex stopping you from being a season ticket holder ? I live 3 miles from you and have held a season ticket for 20 years now, except for 1 at Gillingham.

Yeah actually I used to commute form Brighton to just outside Staines monday to friday so commuting once a week for footy wouldn't exactly be a hardship for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here