Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket prices cut & revised Membership scheme

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Fairly happy with this I guess. I am not a season ticket holder but I do recognise that STHs do deserve priority tickets for big games. My one worry was they would be given prioity for more than one ticket and end up getting tickets for them their mate, some fella called Bob and the butchers wife. As they are only entitled to one then that seems fair enough.
£30 a year does seem a bit steep just on the off chance of a big game, but then £10 for life for the AMS is also very cheap so I guess you make your choice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
JJ McClure said:
As they are only entitled to one then that seems fair enough.

I think you'll find that the moaning was about not being able to get extra tickets for non season ticket holding members from some season ticket holders wasn't it? That won't and shouldn't change imo. How many season ticket holders who applied early didn't get the one ticket that their season ticket may have given them the right to?

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Brovian said:
Firstly I applaud the club for cutting prices and giving a bit of extra value to STHs with the discounts, etc.

BUT I am pissed off with the membership schemes. I suppose it all comes down to where you stand on the great West Ham Tickets debate. I can understand Beach Hut being pleased because this is pretty much everything he asked for, but those of us who don't see why current HOME ticket holders should automatically get priority for AWAY games it's a kick in the teeth.

AMS members are now 3rd class citizens - unless you fancy paying thirty quid EACH YEAR to just pick up the scraps that STHs leave for the odd one or two 'big' games we're likely to play each year.

I agree with that - I bought my season ticket for a guaranteed seat at HOME games, away matches weren't even in my thinking when I applied.

When it comes to the crunch the only thing that bothers me is the thought that I might not be able to go to some games with my Dad and my sister because they aren't going to fork out £30 just for a bit of extra priority.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Frutos said:
So I presume we'll be getting the stuff through in the post in the next couple of days???

Good news for STHs though, with the ticket thing, free DVDs, club shop discount and all. Hopefully might attract some new STHs and might tempt those who weren't going to renew.

exactly my thoughts. Great news.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Judging by the clubs previous ability to get DVDs out on time I would imagine the free dvds will arrive in about 2015. :jester:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sursprise by the news, but happy i guess.
I will get the whole thing with gold bit and cherries on top - i guess with 5% off season tickets will go down to £415ish

the only thing i would have changed is not make STH an automatic gold member for the away games - give them an option to join it, as not all STH go to away games. Say an extra £5 a year instead of the £30 non STH have to pay - then it would give non STH more of a chance of getting a ticket

Not complaining though - just have to make sure i get my application in on time when ticket details are announced:)

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
The new membership system is shit!

I am now going to have to pay an extra £60 a year for me & my G/F to go to away games (Which I still wont be certain of a ticket for!).

And the reason for this... A few lazy f***ing STH who couldn't be arsed to apply promptly for tickets complained that they couldn't go to a couple of games that if they were against lower opposition they wouldn't have bothered going to anyway.

There will be absolute uproar from exiles like me that manage a fair majority of away games if they are unable to get tickets to a game for example like Northampton away (where there is only an allocation of 1400) just because it is the last game of the season and we need to win.

STH should at least be made to pay a small annual fee to be gold members or non STH should be able to become gold members after attending x no of away games. This would at least reward the away members who go regularly to games.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Blue&WhiteSea said:
And the reason for this... A few lazy f***ing STH who couldn't be arsed to apply promptly for tickets complained that they couldn't go to a couple of games that if they were against lower opposition they wouldn't have bothered going to anyway.

But we weren't all lazy we followed the club advice using the ticket bins etc and I have been to 12 away games this season with two to go and I didn't get one.

Still we had better not start that debate again had we :ohmy:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Blue&WhiteSea said:

STH should at least be made to pay a small annual fee to be gold members or non STH should be able to become gold members after attending x no of away games. This would at least reward the away members who go regularly to games.

I dont agree - season ticket holders cash keep the club going and should get priority. The second tier membership will only be needed in case we have a big cup game or reach the play offs, otherwise the bottom membership is still free but will enable you to get tickets to 99% of our away matches.

People who go to away games only are loyal, but revenue wise they mean nothing to the Albion, they want your cash, hence the £30 membership fee for people who dont buy season tickets.

I personally think its a good package (good commercial sense from the Albion and will keep the season ticket holders happy which was the no 1 priority) all round and will be looking at the three year season ticket again. It will be shock having to pay again after not having to pay for the last 2 seasons!!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Blue&WhiteSea said:

I am now going to have to pay an extra £60 a year for me & my G/F to go to away games (Which I still wont be certain of a ticket for!).

There will be absolute uproar from exiles like me that manage a fair majority of away games if they are unable to get tickets to a game for example like Northampton away (where there is only an allocation of 1400) just because it is the last game of the season and we need to win.

I have to agree with you.

I feel abused and put down as just a White Fan.

:nono:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Gold membership - shouldnt be given free to STH as not all go to away games, even it is a free option, it shouldnt be automatic entry - maybe the £30 charge should be given if they dont go to one of the first 7 away games

Blue membership - £30 should eliminate glory hunters as it will be the same cost of a "big" match ticket

White membership - is there a point to it - it is free, but you have to wait for gold and blue members not to buy a ticket before you have a chance to apply

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Mr Blobby said:

People who go to away games only are loyal, but revenue wise they mean nothing to the Albion, they want your cash, hence the £30 membership fee for people who dont buy season tickets.

You mean the club get no revenue from the merchandise we buy from them.

This is a shocking statement, if I miss out on even a couple of games because of this system I will seriously reconsider any future purchases by way of protest.

By narrowing the access to watching Brighton in big games to STH only they are only going to reduce the fanbase further than it already is.

I can only hope that away teams make the majority of games pay on the gate.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mr Blobby said:
I dont agree - season ticket holders cash keep the club going and should get priority.
But I've been a fan for over 40 years. There wouldn't BE a club for you to put your money into if I hadn't put MY money into it first!

Ok, I'm only semi-serious. But I would like to see the Blue scheme scrapped and instead non-STHs could join the Gold scheme for say £50 per season. For this they would get all the advantages enjoyed by STHs (discounts and ticket priority) but none of the drawbacks (actually having to sit through the games).

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I think the club are right on this one.
They need to look after those who pay money into the club on a regular basis not those who just swell the coffers on the other league clubs by just going to away games.
Harsh on some of you I know, but it makes commercial sense and they're right to look out for their own interests on this and at the same time looking out for those who financially support them

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i take it all back...I am now going to renew as I am a cheapskate

:p :p :p :p :p

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Blue&WhiteSea said:

Think you will find we pay £400+ as our annual fee.

What will happen is that non sth will just use mates who are sth holders to get tickets for them if they are not going.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Brovian said:
But I would like to see the Blue scheme scrapped and instead non-STHs could join the Gold scheme for say £50 per season. For this they would get all the advantages enjoyed by STHs (discounts and ticket priority) but none of the drawbacks (actually having to sit through the games).

Indeed. This exiled, former season ticket holder (including every year at Gillingham) isn't going to pay £30 a season for the honour of becoming a second class Albion fan.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here