Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket prices cut & revised Membership scheme

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
BIRCHYBOY27 said:
Think you will find we pay £400+ as our annual fee.

I think you will find you don't.

You pay for tickets to watch games at HOME. The sooner STH realise this the better.

If I buy a ticket for any other event I do not expect and priority for another event in a different county it doesn't work that way.

If I was a STH (which I would love to be but as I don't live in sussex I can't make this work) then I would be very pleased but I wouldn't be gloating to non STH.

Anyway, I can't wait till we start hearing the manager and players moaning about the away support in the same way they have previously moaned about the home fans. Then they will realise the true value of the regular away supporters.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Blue&WhiteSea said:
You mean the club get no revenue from the merchandise we buy from them.

This is a shocking statement, if I miss out on even a couple of games because of this system I will seriously reconsider any future purchases by way of protest.

By narrowing the access to watching Brighton in big games to STH only they are only going to reduce the fanbase further than it already is.

I can only hope that away teams make the majority of games pay on the gate.

No guaranteed income. We pay £400 up front, which the club gets by April and is used over the season. So if you want to be next in line then pay your £30 to the club.

IMHO the club have to put season ticket holders first and have done so.

So stop buying mercandise then moan about no investment in players etc - the club can't win with some people!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think its right that STH's get priority but that 2nd tier member for £30 is nothing short of an utter rip off.

Unless we get a big team in the cup, which is unlikely, then its money in the bin. Not once would this membership have been required in the league this season or last.

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Mr Blobby said:
No guaranteed income. We pay £400 up front, which the club gets by April and is used over the season. So if you want to be next in line then pay your £30 to the club.

IMHO the club have to put season ticket holders first and have done so.

So stop buying mercandise then moan about no investment in players etc - the club can't win with some people!

They can win it's very easy, allow non STH to become Gold members for a fee that is reassonable but enough to detter the people that just go to big games.

or make STH have to actually prove that they go to away games before giving them priority.

or upgrade blue members to gold once they have attended a certain number of games.

There are plenty of ways of doing it!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Blue&WhiteSea said:

If I buy a ticket for any other event I do not expect and priority for another event in a different county it doesn't work that way.

/B]

So using your argument why should you get any priority for away tickets as a regular away follower then?

If you do every away game then that shouldn't count when a big cup game crops up because it doesn't work that way!

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Blue&WhiteSea said:
I think you will find you don't.

You pay for tickets to watch games at HOME. The sooner STH realise this the better.

If I was a STH (which I would love to be but as I don't live in sussex I can't make this work) then I would be very pleased but I wouldn't be gloating to non STH.

Anyway, I can't wait till we start hearing the manager and players moaning about the away support in the same way they have previously moaned about the home fans. Then they will realise the true value of the regular away supporters.

What about the interest that the club gets from the sth 4 months before season starts?

Look at the end of the day as i have said in my previous threads, i am happy that we have priority as i think you will find most clubs would give sth priority.

I am a sth who goes to all home games and 75% of away games, i agree with you that £30 is too much and a rip off, BUT if i wasnt a sth and just went to away games i would pay the £30 because i support the club and enjoying watching them.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Mr Blobby said:
So using your argument why should you get any priority for away tickets as a regular away follower then?

If you do every away game then that shouldn't count when a big cup game crops up because it doesn't work that way!

:clap2: :clap2:

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Mr Blobby said:

We have another solution, no priority at all.

If people are really motivated to see a game they will apply early enough to get a ticket, it's that simple.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Imust admit that if I wasn't a STH I wouldn't bother with the Blue membership int his league as no league games this seaosn have required priority, If we wer eint he championship there is a few games that would require it and then it would make sense. I guess the only people who ar elikely to spend the £30 are away fans who will be going to the majority of games and therefore would be the right people to get priority.

Baring in mind how a large chunk of season ticket holders aren't regular away supporters either BLue member will more than likely get tickets for most games where the scheme is put into effect. I am sure if you look at the stats for the west ham game of who went ther ewould have been plenty of tickets to go round for all season ticket holders who wanted to go and have some left over for all blue members if you took out all the once in a blue moon away fans that clearly went to this game.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
tinx said:
Imust admit that if I wasn't a STH I wouldn't bother with the Blue membership int his league as no league games this seaosn have required priority, If we wer eint he championship there is a few games that would require it and then it would make sense. I guess the only people who ar elikely to spend the £30 are away fans who will be going to the majority of games and therefore would be the right people to get priority.

Baring in mind how a large chunk of season ticket holders aren't regular away supporters either BLue member will more than likely get tickets for most games where the scheme is put into effect. I am sure if you look at the stats for the west ham game of who went ther ewould have been plenty of tickets to go round for all season ticket holders who wanted to go and have some left over for all blue members if you took out all the once in a blue moon away fans that clearly went to this game.

That is true how many all ticket matches has there been this season?

If people pay the overpriced £30 and can buy all tickets on the gate whats the point?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Curious Orange said:
So, you're a third rate Albion fan then?

;) :jester:

If that's what the club want to class me as, then fine.

I'd not going gamble £30 in case we play a big club, and get odds worse than season ticket holders.

That investment is about as wise as an Uncle Spielberg tip, frankly.

Very poor show, Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club. :(

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Whilst I applaud the efforts of the club to review their away ticketing policy, I don' think this is a good solution.

Season tickets holders should get some priority, but I don't think they should be above those who go to every away game (or nearly every awat game) like myself.

In my opinion the blue membership should be done away with, and then both away members and season ticket holders can apply for gold membership. This could be free for season ticcket holders to join, but they have to actually apply, and then an annual fee for away members.

One thing is for certain, I'm not paying £30 a year to have second dibs on tickets for one game.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Wozza said:

I'd not going gamble £30 in case we play a big club, and get odds worse than season ticket holders.

That's true, sadly.

The rest of it all seems ok to me. Can anyone get the pricing table on the official site to work?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
Can anyone get the pricing table on the official site to work?

In a word, no

Doesn't seem to work

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Beach Hut said:
In a word, no

Doesn't seem to work

'Sake!:lolol:

Oh well, i guess we'll have to wait for someone to get a form through the post then

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kukev31 said:
One thing is for certain, I'm not paying £30 a year to have second dibs on tickets for one game.
Blimey, how many people said in an earlier thread a few weeks ago - 're-launch and re-package the AMS, and make people pay for it...' The club are doing that and STILL people moan.

It's no wonder the city has a reputation for being reactionary and conservative.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
The Large One said:
Blimey, how many people said in an earlier thread a few weeks ago - 're-launch and re-package the AMS, and make people pay for it...' The club are doing that and STILL people moan.

It's no wonder the city has a reputation for being reactionary and conservative.

I proposed a membership scheme last season (and again recently) - but NOT a two- or three-tier scheme.

That's what's wrong.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wozza said:
I proposed a membership scheme last season (and again recently) - but NOT a two- or three-tier scheme.

That's what's wrong.
We already have a two-tier system. (STH and AMS). The reality is that it will still be a two-tier system, together with a few hangers-on (the whites).

The system only really applies and kicks in for 'big' games, which let's face it, are going to be fairly thin on the ground next season...

Last edited:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Wozza said:

Its exactly the same with being a member of Englandfans. Its £75 to join and yes that gives you priority for home games but no guarantee of away tickets. People moaned about it, exactly the same arguements put forward as this, and mentions of membership dropping off etc etc, well the englandfans + membership has just reached the 35,000 mark so the FA are making £2,625,000 over 2 years so that we can get the chance to get match tickets (although none guaranteed).

Its difficult time financially for the Albion for obvious reasons and people are moaning about putting £30 into the club. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here