Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket prices cut & revised Membership scheme

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Barrel of Fun said:
Not necessarily true. I wasn't sure how much football I could see this season as I was potentially living away from Sussex, but I moved back just in September. I will have spent £490 on tickets plus that of all the home cup ties this season.

I will become a STH this season, but I just wanted to point out that there is a breed of fan that gets ignored.

:clap: :clap: You'll have to pay an extra £50 thougn, simply because you couldn't buy a season ticket last season. THAT'S what annoys me.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
S'hampton Seagull said:
Good Point. However may I suggest there will be few people like yourself? Especially now as you will be an STH next season!

Will there be few people? about 3500 at Withdean are Season ticket holders, and 800 aways fans. Are you telling me that the 2000 others are different people each week?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Withdean Wanderer said:
:clap: :clap: You'll have to pay an extra £50 thougn, simply because you couldn't buy a season ticket last season. THAT'S what annoys me.

Yes, it does seem to be that way. Particularly as I have paid something like £50 over the odds anyway. Still, if it keeps the club going then I won't complain. Saturdays would be a bit boring with the football. :lol:

Withdean Wanderer said:
I'm not saying STH shouldn't have priority, but making the likes of myself (a non season ticket holder who's been at all except 3 home games in all competitions) stump up £30 just to be second in line if there's any left over seems rather ridiculous.

Part of the point i was trying to make is that too much focus has been made on KEEPING season ticket holders. What about winning over new ones? With the exception of under tens, there's just no incentive to buy one if you haven't got one already if it's going to cost you £50-£80 more than an existing ticket holder. I was seriously considering getting a season ticket this year, but i won't be bothering because of that, it'll be cheaper to buy tickets game buy game with the odd offer thrown in.

The WHOLE system has been taylored at nobody other than existing season ticket holders, which is all very well, but there comes a point when the NON season ticket holders get pissed off. It's not about getting priority, as i don't expect that. It's about being completely ignored. Other than being asked to pay £30 to make up the price reductions to EXISTING season ticket holders, that's what seems to have happened.

If you've been to all but 3 home games then you should get a Season Ticket-then there'd be no question of getting priority.

I live 50 odd miles from Brighton, don't make all home games but as a STH I've paid for my attendance. In advance. The club has my money. I don't feel guilty about having priority for away tickets.....

The club could have offered the same deal for new Season Ticket applicants-might have encouraged lots more to buy.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Nemesis said:
If you've been to all but 3 home games then you should get a Season Ticket-then there'd be no question of getting priority.

I live 50 odd miles from Brighton, don't make all home games but as a STH I've paid for my attendance. In advance. The club has my money. I don't feel guilty about having priority for away tickets.....

The club could have offered the same deal for new Season Ticket applicants-might have encouraged lots more to buy.

And that, in a nutshell, is what i'm trying to say. I probably WOULD buy a season ticket, if it wasn't for the fact that i can't afford the extra cash i have to pay because i'm not an existing season ticket holder. I'm not loaded - i'm only a student with a part time job that just about covers my football expenses. Speaking of which - i'm off. Work beckons!

:)

Withdean Wanderer said:

It's just the fact that non season ticket holders have been ignored, with this general assumption that 'they don't put money into the club' that annoys me, because that's clearly not true.

Nobody is saying non-season ticket holders don't put money into the club: they obviously do if they go to Withdean. If that's you, join the Blue Membership scheme, get your 10% discount and you're almost there.

No matter what they do, the club will never be able to please everybody. What they're doing is protecting and prioritising their most important revenue streams. Rightly so!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
warlingham seagull said:
OK I may have missed it - but are there any details of ticket prices for individual matches next season?

Only season ticket renewal prices so far

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Frutos said:
Good news for STHs though, with the ticket thing, free DVDs, club shop discount and all. Hopefully might attract some new STHs and might tempt those who weren't going to renew.
Inconsiderate bastards!! I wasn't going to renew, but I'm a little more tempted now. How dare they?!?!?!?

My predictions for next season:-

The game where tickets will be like gold dust will be an FA Cup second round away game against Salisbury City, who will allocate us 350 tickets.

Season ticket holders will have less than a 10 per cent chance of getting one.

Beach Hut will miss out in the ballot yet again.

There will be demands to scrap the membership scheme because "it doesn't work".

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lord Bracknell said:
My predictions for next season:-

The game where tickets will be like gold dust will be an FA Cup second round away game against Salisbury City, who will allocate us 350 tickets.

Season ticket holders will have less than a 10 per cent chance of getting one.

Beach Hut will miss out in the ballot yet again.

There will be demands to scrap the membership scheme because "it doesn't work".

Yeah yeah - I can live with that thanks

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mr Blobby said:
They are rewarding the loyalty of season ticket holders and the fact that we put our money up front for the club. As a reward we rightly get the first pick on away tickets - what is wrong with that? The fact that I am paying £413 for a season ticket now for games between August and May means that the club are rewarding us for doing this. I am happy to help the club out in difficult times and expect cheaper ticket prices when we get to Falmer. At the moment around 4,000 of us stump up the cash up front year after year and that money keeps the club going. They need and have put those 4,000 first.

We have taken under 500 to about 10 games this season, so there is hardly a huge number of regular away fans anyway at the moment. If we start ddoing well and people start wanting to go to away games, make them join a membership scheme so that the Albion benefit from these people follwoing the Albion.

Thank god that you dont support a team like Liverpool where away tickets are only available in the first instance to season ticket holders. If any are left they go on general sale, but you have to be a member to get one, and pay an annual fee for that!
What pissed me off about your post was the 'shakey-head' smiley and your comment that people shouldn't moan about putting an extra £30 into the club and the implied "Why oh why can't everybody be a superfan like me?"

And to requote from my earlier post: I'm not sure how long you've been a fan but there wouldn't be a club for you to put your STH money into if I hadn't done so over the last 40+ years. You seem to think that current STHS are all that matters.

Finally I AM a member of a Premiership Membership scheme - Newcastle's. And it was free. (Although admittedly we are behind STHs when it comes to away tickets!)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm banking on us not getting anyone decent in the 3rd round of the FA Cup....that's the only reason most AMS members will pay that £30 a year.

I'll be sticking with the free membership for this year, and hopefully get a season ticket for 2008/2009 when I'm back from University.

I feel sorry for the AMS going for the Blue membership. £30, and all for picking up the scraps the STH's leave behind:nono:

But good idea to reduce the season ticket prices, a student now only pays £263, which is damn good for 23 games:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here