Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket prices cut & revised Membership scheme

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Brovian said:
What pissed me off about your post was the 'shakey-head' smiley and your comment that people shouldn't moan about putting an extra £30 into the club and the implied "Why oh why can't everybody be a superfan like me?"

And to requote from my earlier post: I'm not sure how long you've been a fan but there wouldn't be a club for you to put your STH money into if I hadn't done so over the last 40+ years. You seem to think that current STHS are all that matters.

Finally I AM a member of a Premiership Membership scheme - Newcastle's. And it was free. (Although admittedly we are behind STHs when it comes to away tickets!)

'You seem to think that current STHS are all that matters'

Of course they are. The club can hardly extend this offer to everybody who has ever had a season ticket!

I think they club have got it just about right. I do agree that the £30 charge for the blue membership is a bit stiff, but it should weed out the glory hunting chaff for so-called big game tickets. I would imagine that the take up for this membership will not be that great so members should be catered for pretty well for high demand tickets.

It's great that ST prices have come down and a bonus that a whole load of goodies have been chucked in as well. As for the price differential between renewals and new applications, that is simply standard practice and not anything to get wound up about IMHO.

I actually think that with the extra-preferential treatment for Blue members and the one-off ticket deals for home matches non-STH's are catered for pretty well at BHA.

The amount of vitriol that the club receives every time it tries something new just amazes me and proves that some people will never be happy. With this new deal we have a got a price reduction, a more transparent membership system for those truly motivated to follow the club, what more do people want.

I'm happy with the new arrangements, nice one DK and MP.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
I think they club have got it just about right. I do agree that the £30 charge for the blue membership is a bit stiff, but it should weed out the glory hunting chaff for so-called big game tickets. I would imagine that the take up for this membership will not be that great so members should be catered for pretty well for high demand tickets.

It's great that ST prices have come down and a bonus that a whole load of goodies have been chucked in as well. As for the price differential between renewals and new applications, that is simply standard practice and not anything to get wound up about IMHO.

I actually think that with the extra-preferential treatment for Blue members and the one-off ticket deals for home matches non-STH's are catered for pretty well at BHA.

The amount of vitriol that the club receives every time it tries something new just amazes me and proves that some people will never be happy. With this new deal we have a got a price reduction, a more transparent membership system for those truly motivated to follow the club, what more do people want.

I'm happy with the new arrangements, nice one DK and MP.

Good post :clap:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Brovian said:
What pissed me off about your post was the 'shakey-head' smiley and your comment that people shouldn't moan about putting an extra £30 into the club and the implied "Why oh why can't everybody be a superfan like me?"

I have never claimed to be a super fan, just a season ticket holder and somebody who goes to all the away games.

I have been going since 1975 so am sorry that if you have been going for 40+ years if that makes you a better fan! I will blame by parents for not having me a few years earlier or waiting until I was 6 before taking me to matches.

I am just bored of people moaning about everything this current board does. Lets hope they all f*ck off and perhaps we can get clowns like Archer and Bellotti in to run the club, or hang on we wouldnt have to bother as we wouldnt have a club!

I guess when we see the number of season ticket renewels and blue members we will see if the club have got it right.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
S'hampton Seagull said:

Of course they are. The club can hardly extend this offer to everybody who has ever had a season ticket!

Yes. They. Could.

If it was £30 to a join a scheme which gave you equal chance of getting an AWAY ticket as a STHs (instead of their dregs), no one would be complaining.

The club is going to need more than the 4,000 STHs if/when we get Falmer.

But in the meantime, let's treat them as second-class fans, eh!?! :angry:

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Yeah im sick of everyone moaning, supporting your club should be a fun thing and going to matches should be a laugh, but nowadays people just wait for something to moan about.

Deal with it move on and stop fking moaning

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
S'hampton Seagull said:

No of course not, and when I made the original post (about 20 pages ago) I did say I wasn't being 100% serious. I was just trying to make the point that other factors could come into play for ticket allocation for the 'once in a blue moon' matches.

I think the one thing EVERYONE posting on this thread will agree on is that whatever the club did there would be some people who thought it was great and some people who thought it was appalling.

Also, to be honest, it doesn't really affect me. Nowadays I am 'quite lidderally' a fairweather fan and an unashamed Big Game Charlie. I quite accept the club should side with the current STHs over the likes of me. I will not be joining the Blue scheme as I can always get tickets for whatever match I want to go to - indeed I turned down a WHU ticket as I'd already been there with Newcastle earlier on in the season! I still think it's 'wrong' mind, but I can accept the reasoning behind it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
BIRCHYBOY27 said:
Yeah im sick of everyone moaning, supporting your club should be a fun thing and going to matches should be a laugh, but nowadays people just wait for something to moan about.

Good job we didn't all have that attidtude in the Archer and Bellotti days, eh?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
BIRCHYBOY27 said:

Yeah, you're saying that now because you've 'won' the argument, the club have caved in. If they'd said "Everybody must join an annual AMS scheme and that includes STHs" I bet you wouldn't feel the same!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Wozza said:
Yes. They. Could.

If it was £30 to a join a scheme which gave you equal chance of getting an AWAY ticket as a STHs (instead of their dregs), no one would be complaining.

The club is going to need more than the 4,000 STHs if/when we get Falmer.

But in the meantime, let's treat them as second-class fans, eh!?! :angry:

If there is so such outrage against this £30 charge then I guess not many people will join it. This would therefore would almost make the Blue scheme redudant and not really disadvatnage those who want to be White/AMS member.

If there is a decent take up of the Blue Scheme than this shows the club have been right to set it up. I do think half the point of thr blue Scheme is to make sure that people who may have joined the AMS having potentially never attended a game before DO NOT have the same priority as STH's.

It also encorages STH renewal/new business at the same time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brovian said:
Yeah, you're saying that now because you've 'won' the argument, the club have caved in. If they'd said "Everybody must join an annual AMS scheme and that includes STHs" I bet you wouldn't feel the same!

Off which STH are the majority of people going to home games as well.............

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Wozza said:

All im saying is that in previous threads people moan that there is no set structure for away games, now they have one (which apart from the £30 being a little on the high priced side)is a good structure.

Obviously im biased as i am a season ticket holder but last year i paid £435 for my ticket and if i bought them individually this season with all the offers on games etc i probably would have saved money, but do i care? no. Its extra money for the club as far as im concerned.

If i was not a sth i would join the blue membership as whats £30 when you think without this contribution the club may not be there to support.

One think i am really annoyed about is that i didnt get the oppurtunity to get a free scarf!!!:shrug:

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Brovian said:

I love my club and would pay any amount to watch them in any league, i certainly wouldnt moan about £30!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wozza said:
Yeah, this is just like that really.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
BIRCHYBOY27 said:
All im saying is that in previous threads people moan that there is no set structure for away games, now they have one (which apart from the £30 being a little on the high priced side)is a good structure.

No, people moaned this season because there was a two-tier structure that put STHs ahead of everyone else for AWAY games.

Now there's STILL a two-tier strcuture (in fact, it's three) - the only difference is, fans now have to PAY to be in the queue behind STHs!

(And, for the last time, it's not about the amount of money - it's about the 'prioritisation' of STHs)

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Wozza said:
No, people moaned this season because there was a two-tier structure that put STHs ahead of everyone else for AWAY games.

Now there's STILL a two-tier strcuture (in fact, it's three) - the only difference is, fans now have to PAY to be in the queue behind STHs!

(And, for the last time, it's not about the amount of money - it's about the 'prioritisation' of STHs)

Ok if you run the club what would you do? Tell me a system that could please everyone?

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Wozza said:

If its not about the money then i think you are being very petty, its not fair syndrome. We all support the same team im not bothered about who gets what first bit childish i think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here