Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket frustration!!!!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I can't believe that there are no apointments for Saturdays /Sundays.

The club know people work, cannot make daytime and obviously evening appts. will fill up fast.

What about exiles - how are they supposed to buy STs?

As long as you are not too picky, it is worth doing it on the phone. I got my 2 in 10 minutes on the phone. No hasle at all.

Much more likely to be about selling the most expensive seats first!

I was one of the faithful dropped from the waiting list for some unknown reason. but a good call to someone at customer services has restored my faith. Not impressed with the season ticket appointment bookers - obviously outsourced. Club shop very helpful, said they weren't selling S stand seasons yet, but may do later in the month once all the renewals were completed.

Frustrating they are not selling the seats online via a seat plan and with a points system as use for cup tickets, but can see their reasoning for only selling ESU over the phone, as they know they can sell the cheaper corner seats STs easily later or on a game by game basis and really want that ESU to be full every game.
As the ESU is opposite the TV cameras it will be good for us for it to be seen packed and any spaces in the corners never look so noticeable compared to a half empty stand.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Are they selling any other areas other than the east? I find it the most expensive part of the ground and the part I'm least likely to enjoy. Id much rather in the west Wings upper or lower or southwest and south. Are they selling there?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As long as you are not too picky, it is worth doing it on the phone. I got my 2 in 10 minutes on the phone. No hasle at all.

Well when the ticket office say you cant book over the phone, yet a lot on here are able to - yet when you ask your told you cant - its a hell of a lot of hassle. The club are badly handling this tbh - should be ONE system which is set out.

That said, i havent seen anyone who has booked over the phone getting seats other than ESU.

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
As already asked, who did you speak to? I get a woman with a "computer says no" attitude.

When I booked my additional ticket in the ESL [Family], they has no issues booking over the phone. I think it just depends who you get becuase as you say, people are being dealt inconsistently.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I had one standard ticket (£575 total) @ £95.83 deposit +£479.17 on DD

and one concession (£396.50 total) @ £66.08 deposit +£330.42 on DD

Hope that helps

Still don't know where I'm sitting though.... E1E1FU650&651 anyone?

These are my old seats (although I had 3 in row U 649, 650, 651) I've moved to ESU, 649 is on the aisle so these 2 will be 1 seat in. Just far enough back to avoid driving rain, pretty much half way between the penalty area and the half way. Make sure you bring a cap when the sun is out. I've clipped a east stand photo with the exact location. ESL.jpg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
These are my old seats (although I had 3 in row U 649, 650, 651) I've moved to ESU, 649 is on the aisle so these 2 will be 1 seat in. Just far enough back to avoid driving rain, pretty much half way between the penalty area and the half way. Make sure you bring a cap when the sun is out. I've clipped a east stand photo with the exact location.View attachment 31820

thanks for that ropey :thumbsup:
Just hope that with our own fans behind the south goal the lads decide to pop a few more goals in that end!

Last edited:

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
thanks for that ropey :thumbsup:
Just hope that with our own fans behind the south goal the lads decide to pop a few more goals in that end!

The view is excellent, I picked these seats at the ST presentation last year for 2 reasons. (More south stand goals would have been better though.)

1 - I've 2 children so wanted the aisle so they wouldn't be sitting next to anyone in case they got bored / annoying, in addition they need the toilet every 10 minutes, so I could just tell them to go as we were near the exit.

2 - At the presentation is was hurricane like wind and rain and I could see how far back the rain was driving into the stand. I added another 3 rows to ensure a nice dry football experience.

I was in 2 minds to move, but a lot of people around moved so I jumped on the bandwagon. I'll find out soon enough if I've made a mistake.

Trolly Dolly

Aug 22, 2011
I got a computer says no woman too she knew nothing; my apt is next wed and want ST for 2 so I hope there are some ESU seats left. I also hope ESU and ESL can mingle before match as want pie and pint with mates who are in ESL.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'm an existing season ticket holder in WSU G I wanted to move and also to purchase another ST, a five minute call later and I got the move where I wanted. All in all a very easy experience.

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
Would love to know how they have worked the waiting list, My 9 yr old daughter has been contacted for her season ticket even though she went on the list 2 months after me, yet i have had nothing. Even though i have arranged for us to both go and get ours now it seems they have just been picking out the list at random.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would love to know how they have worked the waiting list, My 9 yr old daughter has been contacted for her season ticket even though she went on the list 2 months after me, yet i have had nothing. Even though i have arranged for us to both go and get ours now it seems they have just been picking out the list at random.

My daughters, and another friends email invites both ended up in Junk Mail. Worth checking your email...

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

This is true, my step dad signed up last week and was contacted on Monday.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I got a letter through today inviting me to make an appointment as well - so you may get one of these too.

Also shows rough views from each stand (except the South).

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Just spoke to a friend who was renewing in ticket office and was told they have already sold 4500 new season tickets for the new seating! They expecting us to have around 23000 season ticket holders for start of next season. That is amazing considering where we were just two years ago! Fantastic effort by club and fans! I think we will have same amount season ticket holders as Chelsea!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just spoke to a friend who was renewing in ticket office and was told they have already sold 4500 new season tickets for the new seating! They expecting us to have around 23000 season ticket holders for start of next season. That is amazing considering where we were just two years ago!

Aye Carumba. The atmosphere at the Amex will be special.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just spoke to a friend who was renewing in ticket office and was told they have already sold 4500 new season tickets for the new seating! They expecting us to have around 23000 season ticket holders for start of next season. That is amazing considering where we were just two years ago! Fantastic effort by club and fans! I think we will have same amount season ticket holders as Chelsea!

Everton have sold 20,000 and Liverpool 25,000. We are becoming a big club!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here