Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket frustration!!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can anyone tell me whether you have to take proof of age to the presentation for concessions or blue badge or whatever for parking?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
As an aside....................... Barnsley have proudly announced that they have sold 4000 season tickets already for next season which is half of their total for last season :lol:

Lychpole

Mar 2, 2009
I went two weeks ago to the so called presentation - far from a presentation I was just asked where I wanted to sit and then shown a map of the area- no tour at all, I asked if I could view my seat in the north stand and told the ground was closed as players were training / all this took place in the ticket office and done in 15 minutes. Gota say would of been nice to of seen what I was buying !!

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Is there a seating plan around for East Upper

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
What's the reasoning behind selling ESU tickets over the phone, but not for anywhere else? Is it just purely because they want to upsell as much as possible, therefore don't want the cheaper tickets being sold over the phone?

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
Ive been down to the stadium a couple of times recently asking about season tickets and from what ive seen, some people are going up to the ticket desk and getting their tickets sorted out there and then. May be an idea if you get a chance to try getting into the ticket office before your presentation? the lad is spoke to also mentioned that he thought the new corners and south stand are possibly going to be general admission. I was trying to see if another space had come available in the family stand as yesterday was meant to be cut off for renewals but again was told by the lad is spoke to that this had been extended by a couple of weeks!

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Ive been down to the stadium a couple of times recently asking about season tickets and from what ive seen, some people are going up to the ticket desk and getting their tickets sorted out there and then. May be an idea if you get a chance to try getting into the ticket office before your presentation? the lad is spoke to also mentioned that he thought the new corners and south stand are possibly going to be general admission. I was trying to see if another space had come available in the family stand as yesterday was meant to be cut off for renewals but again was told by the lad is spoke to that this had been extended by a couple of weeks!

Again there are inconsistencies, I know of work colleagues who have visited the Amex in the last day or to only to be turned away and asked to wait until thier 'allocated' presentation.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just phoned the ticket office up, guy had no idea whether you can just walk up and get a ST without an appointment and generally sounded bored and clueless. Call was to find out why i hadnt had a confirmation e-mail which i was told i would get on Monday.

He also didnt know if i had to pay anything on the day of my appointment - so does anyone know if you do, if yes how much ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I went two weeks ago to the so called presentation - far from a presentation I was just asked where I wanted to sit and then shown a map of the area- no tour at all, I asked if I could view my seat in the north stand and told the ground was closed as players were training / all this took place in the ticket office and done in 15 minutes. Gota say would of been nice to of seen what I was buying !!

Everybody had to buy blindly last year

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
I bought an additional family stand season ticket yesterday over the phone. From the looks of it, on their systems they had already identified who was not going to renew......

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just phoned the ticket office up, guy had no idea whether you can just walk up and get a ST without an appointment and generally sounded bored and clueless. Call was to find out why i hadnt had a confirmation e-mail which i was told i would get on Monday.

He also didnt know if i had to pay anything on the day of my appointment - so does anyone know if you do, if yes how much ?

Yes I believe you do, might be 10% and you will need your bank details to sign the DD instructions.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As an aside....................... Barnsley have proudly announced that they have sold 4000 season tickets already for next season which is half of their total for last season :lol:

And is more than we managed at Withdean some years-no wonder other clubs are getting tired of us being so smug since we got a home.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I bought an additional family stand season ticket yesterday over the phone. From the looks of it, on their systems they had already identified who was not going to renew......

Indeed. I finally bit the bullet this morning after one of the customer service staff kindly rang me back having managed to sort out two lower tier seats for me (presumably a non-renewal so a big thank you to whoever gave them up) and a disabled parking space (well - near the front of the waiting list for when they are released in the next fortnight).

Have to admit that I am absolutely delighted but more than a little confused as from our conversation I am sure that he said we would be in west stand lower but the e-mail confirmation states E1EFU which I assume to be block F in the East Lower - seats 650/651 so I'm hoping towards the back for optimum view and somewhere between the penalty area and halfway if anyone can fathom out the system (can't access any seating plan on the official site now the season is over)? Not too worried though as long as there are not too many steps and we can park I am one very happy bunny.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Frustrating they are not selling the seats online via a seat plan and with a points system as use for cup tickets, but can see their reasoning for only selling ESU over the phone, as they know they can sell the cheaper corner seats STs easily later or on a game by game basis and really want that ESU to be full every game.
As the ESU is opposite the TV cameras it will be good for us for it to be seen packed and any spaces in the corners never look so noticeable compared to a half empty stand.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
HawkTheSeagull;4891461 He also didnt know if i had to pay anything on the day of my appointment - so does anyone know if you do said:
I was asked for/paid 20% deposit with the rest on DD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here