Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roughest pub you have ever been in?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Reigate ? what didnt they cut the crusts off the cucumber sandwiches:laugh: ?

No. But somebody got their leg cut off with a chainsaw. Or if that's not rough enough for you I used to drink in a pub in Belfast that had no name because the sign got petrol bombed and they never replaced it, the windows were boarded up so and the door locked at all times, you had to knock on a hatch to get in and there were no seats because no-one sat down in-case they had to leg it out of the pub and the chairs got in the way.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No. But somebody got their leg cut off with a chainsaw. Or if that's not rough enough for you I used to drink in a pub in Belfast that had no name because the sign got petrol bombed and they never replaced it, the windows were boarded up so and the door locked at all times, you had to knock on a hatch to get in and there were no seats because no-one sat down in-case they had to leg it out of the pub and the chairs got in the way.
dont believe you, prove me wrong and i ill kneel down and eat slice after slice of humble pie.and re the belfast pub , i think this thread was for genuine rough pubs rather than ones that are that way because of terrorist/sectarian violence

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
dont believe you, prove me wrong and i ill kneel down and eat slice after slice of humble pie.

How in heaven's name am I going to prove it to you? And why would I bother? You can believe me or not believe me, I care not a jot.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ha, Bushy. I see you are from haywards Heath. Therefore any opinion you hold on the roughness of a boozer or the validity of that statement is rendered laughable, The Heath being the twee, conservative stronghold that it is.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
im not , you seem to be, just leave it eh ? i dont believe you , you cant prove your telling the truth , i cant prove your not , end of discussion.

Fool. I am not in the least bit bothered. Go bother someone else you child.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't remember the name of the pub, but it was that one in Gillingham with various football shirts pinned to the ceiling. What a shithole. The only pub I've been to where I've wiped my feet on the way out.

Oh thank the Lord, page 4 and finally somebody mentions Gillingham, home to more rough pubs than any town I can think of.

Not sure if it's the one Easy's talking about, but the roughest pub I've ever been in was a dark, unpleasant dive right in Gillingham's welcoming heart, where the locals all had swallow tattoos between their thumb and forefingers, and where the only thing missing was the Deliverance theme tune as I and my football team (we were playing up that way) walked in for our post match refreshment.

We walked out approximately 2 minutes later, having consumed a sausage roll just to ensure it looked as though we appreciated their hospitality, and to avoid any chairs coming out of the windows.

It was called (this is brilliant) The Pub.

In Brighton, the Bat & Ball by the Level is a tad scary.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ha, Bushy. I see you are from haywards Heath. Therefore any opinion you hold on the roughness of a boozer or the validity of that statement is rendered laughable, The Heath being the twee, conservative stronghold that it is.
nibble i moved to haywards heath from south london,perhaps you should try to think outside the box a little, then you wouldnt end up looking silly.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
why do you always have to get abusive to someone who doesnt agree with you ? my answer above wasnt abusive , does being a failed actor eat away at you that much ?

Oh I see. Trot off back to your little duck pond pub in Haywards Heath and stop bothering me.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How in heaven's name am I going to prove it to you? And why would I bother? You can believe me or not believe me, I care not a jot.

I believe this is the "abusive" response you were refering to? Nice one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here