Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roughest pub you have ever been in?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
my boys going up their this summer,in the new building,rep has got a lot better the last few years.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
my boys going up their this summer,in the new building,rep has got a lot better the last few years.

My eldest is in 6th form and I can honestly say Boundstone did her proud, a few gripes but they were always dealt with. It's a shame Mr Evea (Current headmaster) is going as he really worked wonders.
My youngest daughter starts in the new block this year as well, looks good but they have to mingle in the canteen still.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
he is at the youth wing tonite,trying to get him used to the surroundings,going from a school with 170 to over 1000

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
shame evra is going but had improved it no end since my other 2 have left

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Can't remember the name of the pub, but it was that one in Gillingham with various football shirts pinned to the ceiling. What a shithole. The only pub I've been to where I've wiped my feet on the way out.

i liked that pub - although it may have had something to do with the free food they put on the bar when we went up there for that tuesday night game. it did nearly kick off though when somebody spiked a drink with a crumb

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
How about The Junction in Burgess Hill?
The old Pierpoint in Hurst was virtually "locals only" before it got knocked down. Likewise the Eagle in H/H before it got new owners and went upmarket.
Has the Grenadier in Hangleton got friendlier in the last 10 years?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
been in a fair few but my old local The Pilot in Southwick was well known for stabbings, tire slashings in the car park, jealous lovers pacing outside with sawn off shotguns...nice place!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
How about The Junction in Burgess Hill?

the junction isn't too bad - they've done it up a bit now, the toilets have ELECTRIC mirrors that put up adverts and there is a QUALITY greek style vase in one of the alcoves. plus it does scrumpy jack

there can be an interesting mix of people in there when they have their band nights though

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
the maytree portslade,went downhill a few times,the well known brighton based chelsea headhunters used to plot up in their many a weeekend

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Typical Nipple. Ruining A Perfectly Good Thread. That Bloke Needs To f*** Off.

The Jubilee In Derby! That Is, I'm Sure, The Place. So f***ing Scary It's Unbelievable.

p.o.g

Apr 11, 2008
the mermaid inn,rye
nasty place, you should see what they did to the catholics years ago

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
All the pubs in places like Balham and Clapham are f***ing dog. Full of lah dee dah cous cous neo liberal champagne swilling bastardites with their "oh I've just been on this training course" bollocks and "I only really drink chablis" metropolitan mentality I f***ing hate them.

Times have changed in Balham then! When I lived on Bedford Hill 1980-1982 (I didn't know it was a red light district until after I moved in - honest) the Bedford down the bottom of the road was rougher than a badgers arse. Saw several fights there.

Nearer home what's the Engineer in Newhaven like? Looks pretty scarey from the outside.....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Times have changed in Balham then! When I lived on Bedford Hill 1980-1982 (I didn't know it was a red light district until after I moved in - honest) the Bedford down the bottom of the road was rougher than a badgers arse.

Now one of London's top comedy venues, has been for many years actually.

Still some rough pubs in the area if Mr Chip on my shoulder, can bare to visit SW London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here